Transformers Siege Wave 1 Autobots Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Malms Lantern

Malms Lantern Member

News Credits:
    Damn damn damn damn damn I\'m just gushing over all of these. CHUG styled G1 accurate bot modes! The alt modes are good enough for me, they\'ll be able to blend with the rest of my chugs. Also look at the background of prime\'s artwork, you can see ironhide, wheeljack and another bot which im assuming is hound. Also, TARGETMASTERS!

Goodbye henkei prime, still keeping CW one for the combined mode torso

• Like Like x 1
  2. cybergaurdian

cybergaurdian Well-Known Member

Prime's truck mode makes me think Mad Max or zombie apocalypse......love it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Bingo. Him and Thrilling 30 Springer, driving down a dusty, abandoned highway in the Outback ...

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really impressed with what I'm seeing so far. This prime has the potential to finally be a rival to Classics prime in regards to voyager sized "classics" style toys.

I also really like the alt mode it's very "dekotora" vibe with that roof and the pods on the side of the truck. just needs a shit ton of chrome
    [​IMG]

So 3P Magnus armour when?

• Like Like x 1
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

When there's a Magnus to put in it I guess :p 

6. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    At least these two don’t really look like Cybertron modes to me, more like armored up Earth modes. Not really a complaint, although some more wacky altmodes would be nice. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh there's some top trawling going on here....
    "Photo-Pulser Proton Launcher weapon" hmmm. That sounds an awful lot like a "electron-pulse gun"

It's interesting that there's a weapon missing from the Sideswipe pictures, which immediately sets off a hidden gimmick alert for me. I did wonder if it was something like a HandFootGun: Sideswipe is after all one of the few Diaclone Autobots not to get a CW/POTP version. One of the first things I said to the friend staying with us this weekend was "is he a combiner limb" I could see that chest covering a combiner port. Hasbro did promise us the older gimicks would be back occasionally:

TFW2005 Interview with John Warden and Ben Montano - Transformers News - TFW2005
    Then as I was lying in bed last night it suddenly hit me that if he, or any other WFC toy, was meant to complete a POTP combiner, he wouldn't need a HFG. There's 3 spare POTP Torsos and 6+ spare limbs, effectively themed two per torso - Powermaster jets with Starscream, Fembots with Elita-1, Jazz & Wreck-Gar with Inferno. Each of the deluxes there brings a hand, the torso provides the feet, any extra limb bot would just need to supply the limb.

8. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    That Optimus needs an equally square and futuristic trailer. 

• Like Like x 3
  9. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    That Sideswipe is surprisingly dope.  I usually don\'t care about non-MPs but man, I did a double take.  Nicely done.

Prime, on the other hand, has one of the most tard-tastic alt modes I\'ve seen in some time.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I was initially excited for this new line when I heard it was going to be entirely Cybertronian alternate modes but now that I'm actually seeing them, they don't really look Cybertronian enough. Sideswipe is basically just the same exact car he transforms into on Earth. Nothing about it really looks alien to me. Optimus is kinda OK, he has some tech detail I wouldn't expect but WW, FoC, and WfC are all much better Cyertronian modes.

I kinda wish they were just making toys of WW, WfC, and FoC Transformers that didn't get official toys before. This is almost false advertising cause they look far too much like Earth vehicles. They aren't bad exactly just aren't really Cybertronian.

I actually kinda like thet weathering effect but shouldn't the entire figure be that way, why are some parts clean and others weathered.

Good news is, I won't be spending as much on this line as I thought I would.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I\'m digging on those.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sidesprey

Sidesprey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been nearly 10 years since we had a G1 Sideswipe figure

• Like Like x 3
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've posted around in other places on the matter, but I think we'll have to see what sort of story gets told here.

The fact that, among other things, Prime still retains some identifiable Freightliner features suggests to me that these aren't pre-Earth Cybertronian vehicles, but instead post-Earth "upgrades" for a return to Cybertron.

Perhaps the titular "Siege" details a "Lost Years" scenario set roughly between S2 and the Movie, when the Autobots attempt to reclaim Cybertron from the Decepticons, Sieging the Decepticon strongholds in a "War for Cybertron".

• Like Like x 2
  14. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

That's fair, and a good point I didn't think about. But people are praising it when effectively this is a hardcore rehash. Are people just content to buy the exact same thing repeatedly, ad infinitum? I mean, I know it's G1 and that goes without saying to some extent, but this is a bit silly. It also kills momentum to buy a Masterpiece if you can just buy a cheaper version that does the job well enough - never mind that anyone who hasn't held an MP and fiddled with it is honestly missing out.

Is it so much basing it on the best, or saying "meh we need G1 let's just reuse this"? I already thought the previous line's Optimus looked a lot more like MP-10 than I was comfortable with, and now this one is basically MP-10 all the way, with Sideswipe strongly resembling Lambor in robot mode. Their alt modes, battle damage, etc., could have been a way to differentiate, but it seems like those are garnering plenty of criticism. It doesn't feel like anything but diluting the MP brand to sell some mainline toys.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Ironically, in terms of Cybertronian-ness, CW OP - with his big, cycloptic windshield, weird grill, and underbite bumper - actually has a surprisingly unearthly look.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

The blaster bit attaching to primes shield isn't supposed to look like hes firing a blast from his shield. It's supposed to look like he's blocking a blast with his shield. Same thing with the post on Sideswipe's chest, it would look like he got shot. With proper posing, this could make an excellent feature for collectors who display their figures in a scene.

Studio series is doing its own thing with scale, besides the article says sideswipe is 5.5 inches tall anyway, that's right in line with the rest of generations deluxes.

Just pointing out that we already got an updated sky bite in thrilling 30

Trypticon still sold reeaallly well though didn't he? Every titan class has had some leftovers end up at discount stores. I think titan class figures are still going to be made

Pretty sure it was confirmed that there'd be no more stickers. So that's either a tampo or paint

We can't forget Voyager fall off cybertron Grimlock

• Like Like x 2
  17. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

wonder if planet x is re thinking the new direction they want to take

18. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hooray! Death to cheap-ass Foil Stickers!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

You don't have to agree, I understand why you say that because of the body design, but if take time to look closely at the outline, maybe you'll see what I see, but again it's a certain point of view.

20. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Trukk not munkey

• Like Like x 5