Transformers siege fire blast effects

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NaSMaX, Jan 26, 2019.

1. loachridge

loachridge Member

You people are part of the reason I don't sell anymore.
    Your stuff is soooo good, but you wont put the time into making it available to others.
    But your more then happy to rip someone else's work publicly instead of PMing them and getting to know their process.
    Maybe even offer some advice privately so everyone can benefit from it.
    Instead you may have just cost this person, like you did me, due credit for stepping out.
    And other people who would normally appreciate those effects may not buy them now due to your "expert" opinion.

Yeah, you verbally screwed this person out of potential fans and buyers.

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No one is ever obligated to offer their private work for others.

As for the rest, if you do work and put it out there for sale, then you should also expect people to be critical, as consumers are not just to be expected to throw money ar something that doesn't meet their standards.

I get the position you're coming from, but you're essentially wanting to prevent knowledgeable people from having an opinion.
    I would love to own some of the pieces @ziltama makes, but I also respect his decision to not sell.

As for the topic at hand, I really hope they keep including effect pieces throughout the trilogy. These things just add so much playability and scene setting!

• Like Like x 3
  3. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    I think @loachridge is referring to me.

As @Yaujta said, I am not obligated at any time for any reason to sell anything. Period. This is a hobby. I have done this for a while and only more recently started to share publicly. 99% of what you see in the customs forum from everybody is never for sale...because it's a hobby. On the other hand, I don't ever mind helping people out or giving out advice.

Private advice doesn't benefit "everyone", btw.

People should also know what they're exactly buying and not end up getting disappointed when they get the above stuff in the mail. People learn to make better educated purchasing decisions based on posts in this forum. In this particular case, it's basic knowledge to use special equipment to get rid of air bubbles from clear castings. It's not like there was just a single air bubble...it's throughout all the pieces in addition to the surface defects.

Is this OK to do? For personal use, I could care less. When money is exchanged, however, then in my humble opinion, no. I was going to buy a set myself too until I saw the picture here.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Okay, bringing it back to a positive light, these blast effects are some of the most fun accessories ever. It's one thing to kit out Siege figure, but being able to cross-function with other lines adds a whole new level of fun.
    20190919_075641.jpg 20190926_072908.jpg 20190926_073059.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Since we're talking about custom parts, we need to be in Creative General Discussion, so here we are.

Also, as said, when you create things and post it online, you must expect people to critique your work - that's just the nature of putting things out there. Regardless of responses to one's work, our board requires us to reply civilly to others. Let's make sure we do that, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey can I ask you where you got the second pics blast from (Banzaitron?)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme.