Transformers Show Cycle?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Jun 12, 2014.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, so our beloved Franchise has run for 30 years. Here's my theory on the shows:

Every decade has one interconnected show or shows, followed by a one-off that helps bridge the gap between the old set and the new set, wittingly or not (I.E., RID bridging the Beast Era and Unicron Trilogy and Animated Bridging that and Aligned). There is typically two or three shows per interconnected cycle (G1 is its own thing), with G1 -> G2 -> Beast Era -> RID -> Unicron Trilogy -> Animated -> Aligned

While I don't think the pattern was intentional, it does prevent franchise fatigue.

2. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very interesting point. I think it sort-of-kind-of is intentional; people worry about things being old and figure a reset is a good idea for the new kids.
    And boy oh boy is it sure a good thing we break off from the old. right? No one round these parts talk about G1 and more. ;P

The intent is to do what's best, but do you think this cycle is a good thing, has it paid off?

3. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

I think the inherent problem with transformers is that it's science fiction, and good science fiction shows always get cancelled for no good reason (I'm not just talking about firefly, the curse goes back to Star Trek the original series).

4. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, kinda noticed that pattern too. It all works out in it's own way and I suspect Takara's own Transformers Go! series will inevitably be introduced as the next stop gap between the end of the Aligned Continuity and the next big series set however long it takes to get to that point.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I wish Hasbro had made a sequel to Animated instead of making Prime