Transformers Set To Descend On American International Toy Fair 2006

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, so... (deep inhale)

First off even if Classics, Movie, and that kinda stuff toys don't get shown, or are locked away from your eyes unless your name is "Wal-Mart", I'm still pretty psyched about what I've gotten to see thus far, whether there's any more or not. (though I hope I hope I hope there is. :)  )

Repaint Armada Prime - looks nice, if unnecessary. Paint job looks a lot like the repainted LOC Optimus toy.

Baby Unicron - Kinda like it, though common sense tells me I probably shouldn't. Looks like it would fit in with the Marvel Megamorphs line. I think they tried too hard to make Unicron the tank look like Unicron the planet.

Attactix - I really like the pic of Optimus Prime battling Darth Vader. That's all. :) 

Titanium - the little figures look pretty interesting, similar to the old PVCs. If the blue stripes on Titanium Jazz carried over to the re-release of Alternator Meister, I would SO buy more alts. Gotta admit I didn't expect the bigger figures to transform, and now we have a largely metal transforming War Within Prime. Gotta feel sorry for Rabid Squirrel productions, as their upcoming kit is now largely redundant. Megatron tankified looks... interesting.

Alternators - Prime looks the same as he always did (upside-down shins and everything) Mirage looks damn pretty, though I wish for a lighter blue for the body color, similar to that used on the arms. Hope that this Mirage is correctly transformed in the waist area, and the seats hanging out around the crotch like a giant scrotum in other pics was just a fluke.

BWX - Lookout!! Monkey onna surfboard!! Megatron's dino mode looks a bit cobbled together, but that could be the hamfisted Toyfair handlers. Megs' robot mode looks damnably cool, lean and mean. Primal looks... unfortunately lame. Wish they didn't want to try so much new stuff on him. Still looks like Prime in a Primal suit to me. Seems if they were shooting for restyled 'ultimate' versions with the spirit of the originals here, they got one hit, and one wide miss.

All said, there's gonna be a lot of buying going on this fall!

2. JazzLuca

JazzLuca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron deluxe looks good, and I hope in a future Fallen remold... :rolleyes: 

BWX Primal seems like the BM deluxe Op transformation; Armada Prime SUCKS! With a little remold it would a nice WW Optronix.... :( 

Luckly there are the Titanium, but I fear that this Meggie is the Live Movie's one... :redface2: 

3. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I finally figured out what the Hasbro Primus will come with that the Takara will not, transparent packaging so you can see him.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Okay, let's see...

Armada Prime repaint... hrrm... a nice paint scheme, but I don't think the figure was needed. I mean, why would they rerelease Bendy-Prime in Cybertron without remolding his minicon gimmick into a Cyber Key gimmick. That and he certainly doesn't look anything like Cyb Op... similar yes, but... not so much. Still, I noticed that his minicon isn't present and neither are his two arm cannons... maybe he's being released with something extra?

Deluxe Unicron. I love it! I think he's a bit too kibbly here and there, but for some reason... the figure is still awesome to me. The only thing I'm not really keen on is the chomper mouth on the top of the tank... it just seems a little forced.

BWX Megatron is awesome! BWX Primal seems really nice, but I do agree with the others that say it looks less like Primal and more like Prime in a Primal suit. However, I'll still get both and put them in my Cybertron display and use the Takara ones for my BW display.

WW Prime... I can't wait... just awesome!

5. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Not really a fan of any of the paint apps hope they will fix these on all the figs shown gotta love the transforming Warwithin Prime and hey way cheaper then the $200 or is it $400 one from those rabid guys man I bet theirs will tank now

6. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Primal's beastmode stinks, but the bot looks alright.

7. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

Not only that, but if you look at the close-up of Neo Megs's face, it's basically just a purple version of G1 Megatron's face, which is very distinct from BW Megs. Not that big a deal, I'll still buy them. Just kinda bums me out that these figures are paying homage to the G1 namesakes of the BW guys so noticeably.

8. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Pretty excited for the new stuff. Mostly the WWI Prime, beautiful. LOVING IT.