Transformers Script Review!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, May 17, 2006.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ...GAY.

:p 

2. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I think Rumble as the "boobmbox" or some type of large radio system would make more sense. It may not go along with G1, but he doesn't need to be one of Soundwaves minions.

Come to think of it, if the script mentions that "Soundwave" is on board the plane with the President, who's to say he's a "boombox" in the sense we perceive it. He may be a communication module of some sort that plugs in. That way, he could plug into "Helicopter Soundwave", and still serve as a minion, much like *Scorponok* is.

3. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Ok, that'd be gay.

Prime "Bumblebee, we'll have to leave you here to guard this outpost"

Bumblebee plays "Bye, bye, bye" from N'Sync

Jazz "Wow, that was one crazy batle"

Bumblebee plays "Livin la vida loca" by Ricky Martin

Rumbe talking smack to Bumblebee

Bumblebee plays "get back" by Ludacris

That'd be completely stupid. It'd be kinda like that annoying guy on Police Academy who made those weird noises with his mouth.

4. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Seriously, calling him Soundwave would make infinately more sense. That would please the fans, since it goes along with his abilities, and please those that want a TRUE update to the characters.

If the "decapitation" is part of the supposed funny moments in the film, then I pray for this film.

If that part about Bumblebee only communicating through songs on the radio is remotely true, I will pray for this film, then switch my religion and pray to an entirely different diety.

And finally, if most of the Decepticons don't talk at all, then no amount of prayer in this world will help this film....

5. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

some folks really need to take a step back and remember that this is a movie about toy robots sold in 1984, and stop treating it so seriously.

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I would think that honoring Soundwave would be to make him the helicopter not some midget robot that is the comic relief. Soundwave is an elite Decepticon, making him something stupid as a boombox would be a slap in the face. Soundwave is a "Communications Officer" or something. What in that title states he has to be a small music player? This is one instance where I hope they take creative leeway with Soundwave. He is by far my favorite Decepticon. Please bring back that eerie monotone!

7. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thats all it takes? Honestly a Beetle makes for a crappy transformer its only so big and Bumblebee had alot of anime magic to make those big legs and arms come out of nowhere.

"It kinda matters, I mean you couldn't imagine Optimus Prime as a VW Golf. Or Ironhide as a Prius. Cars have characteristics too. The Camaro is a muscle car. Bumblebee is known for his moxie, courage, ad spirit. Not really synonymous with the Camaro as that is known more for power and strength."

I understand that the Camaro isn't as cutesy as a bug but the other examples are too different imo. Bumblebee is still a car. Its more like, if Optimus went from a flat semi to one with a "nose," or if Ironhide went from a big van to an SUV. Who says Bumblebee always has to be a bug, too? He is one of the only classic Transformers to NOT be homaged or redesigned or featured in any of the toylines in years, and it would be cool to finally see a new take on him, perhaps making him a little "cooler."

I dunno

8. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

My pick
    Code = Real

Vortex = Soundwave
    Scorponok in this interview = Ravage
    Soundwave = Rumble
    Devastator = Blitzwing
    Scorponok from previous Bay inteview w/concept art of scorpion = Scorponok

Brawl = Rumamuck, or soon to flip side Prowl.

Bonecrusher = No clue. Useless minion for freebee death?

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree. I could see this as bumblebee.....

[​IMG]

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    If Vortex really is soundwave, that would make scorpinok either Rumble or Frenzy.

Also, if the boombox transforms (and isn't just an easteregg). Maybe it's actually Laserbeak. He was always the one who did that infiltration stuff anyway.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm tempted to read that, but i don't want to ruin anything.

12. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Who said that Bumblebee HAD to be a VW Beetle. I just think the Camaro is a crappy choice for one of the most memorable Transformers. The Audi TT is a good choice. Mini Cooper, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, etc are all good choices. Anyways, teens these days buy the Lancers, Civics, and Sentras as they are cheap, reliable, and good to mod. Sam could even buy a Ford Focus.

To put it another way, it'd be like me making Sunstreaker a Toyota Yaris. Totally doesn't fit his attitude.

13. Jetplague

Jetplague Michael Bay is evil!

I'm betting this is sooooo NOT the script. Come on...you seriously expect me to believe a guy got his hands on the real draft of it? Michael Bay has gone to extreme lengths to keep this film under tight secuirty....and this twit here has his hands on the "real" thing. Hate to break it to you all...but it's a...FAKE! Probably a dummy script they have just incase a moron like this comes to review for the rest of the world to know and ruin. In fact...this sort of thing has happened before. Star Trek Nemesis had a fake script that got reviewed and was completely different then the real movie itself. But the fake script at least sounded better.

I don't buy into the Energon Cube (That is a fake name for it) some how is hurled to Earth buy unknown reasons...cause that just sounds so utterly stupid. And there's not near enough mention on how many Autobots are in the film....did we count the Decepticons compared to the Autobots?? A little one sided don't ya think? Don Murphy said there was going to be the same number on both sides eventhough they're won't be that many.

I'm not buying into this report at all. They wouldn't have gone to all this lenght to keep the project under close wraps only to have this guy discover the script so he could spill the beans. :horse: 

14. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Life=Pain

lol, i am an english teacher and i don't mind it. hell, a big part of being a writer is knowing your audience

ps
    after grading countless student essays, my spelling and grammar are destroyed

15. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Bleh. Doubt it's the final script.

16. Jon Heird

Jon Heird Going broke...

For the above that didn't read everything;

The guy says that this is an earlier draft. Not the final script. There are changes from this one to the script that is the official one that Jon Voigt read the other day with a security guard standing over his shoulder to take it back.

I've read his reviews in the past, and he's pretty spot on. You have to understand that in this industry, no matter how tight of wraps that Bay and Company try and keep things under, something ALWAYS gets leaked. I mean, look at Takara and Hasbro. Huge companies with security and failsafe measures to ensure things don't walk out the door, yet I can look across the room at my prototype collection.

Example:
    One of the script writters has a best friend and BEGS him to let him see the script as he was an avid fan in the 80's. The script writter agrees, only if he swears on his life he won't tell anyone. Perhaps it gets left alone for a few hours and it gets scanned, or the script writter gives an earlier draft he has lying around. It gets passed from one person to another.

Point being, until Murphy or Bay come out and say that the review is garbage and they promise the price of admission that none of those things will appear on our screens next year, I'll treat it as real.

17. Ultimus Prime

Ultimus Prime cows are nice

If that's the early draft, the final one must be amazing!

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

I have serious doubts that its real (or at least not final).

19. ErikB

ErikB TF Master

from what i've seen this is the most believable thing i've read. It fits all the typical movie tricks to apeal to all viewers, and has some nice movie scenes only a movie writer or a scrif junkie could make up. This guys site was more or less dead on on everything else, this, as much as i would like to shoot it down, seems to be a very close deal.

20. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Scorponok/Vortex kinda sounds like Battletrap, but then two robots one vehicle. >.>