Transformers Scale for new Story

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by JJohnson, Nov 29, 2012.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to gather up some resources for a new G1-based story, but with updated 2012 alternate modes for all the bots, with as little mass-shifting as possible (aside from maybe Soundwave/Blaster, Megatron, and possibly the Decepticon jets). I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me gather the specs of good alt modes for the bots, their lengths, and thus heights for the bots to get the scale of them all with respect to each other.

My "Year One" bots:

Optimus Prime: Freightliner COE Truck, 32' robot mode
    Jazz - Porsche 991 Turbo GT3
    Prowl/Bluestreak - Nissan 370Z
    Hound - Jeep Wrangler JK
    Ironhide/Ratchet - Toyota Previa
    Sideswipe/Sunstreaker - Lamborghini Aventador, Special Edition for Sunstreaker
    Wheeljack - Fenomenon Stratos
    Bumblebee - VW Beetle A5
    Cliffjumper - Porsche Cayman
    Windcharger - Chevy Camaro (Pontiac Solstice was my original choice, but Pontiac is gone now.)
    Brawn - Land Rover Defender (alt pic)
    Bumper - Mazdaspeed3
    Trailbreaker - Toyota Tacoma with a shell

The cars I'm guessing will give me a bot between 13' and 17' tall, the question is the former 'mini-vehicles' will be roughly the same size as the other guys, if I'm not mistaken, but how tall? I'm not sure of: Mirage, Huffer, Gears

My "Year One" cons:
    Megatron: Walther P99
    Starscream et al: F22 Raptors
    Soundwave: ?
    Barricade - 370Z
    Grindor - CH-53E super stallion helicopter
    Payload - Bulldog II Armored truck
    Incinerator - Osprey
    Dropkick - Chevy Silverado
    Runabout/Over-Run - Lotus Esprit
    Runamuck - Chevy Camaro

If you have any suggestions as to Mirage, Huffer, and Gears' new alt modes, as well as the heights of all the bots, I'd appreciate any input you have. Thanks!

2. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Also in this version, how would the alt-modes work for Bruticus, Superion, Defensor, etc? A motorcycle is definitely out of scale with an Ambulance or Fire Truck, just like a shuttle, helicoptor and jeep are out of scale.

For Swindle and Blast-Off, would using the Humvee/Drone of the third-party knockoffs work?

What would Groove be?

Stunticons?