Transformers ROTF Novelization Spoilers [ Junior, Official, etc ]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cth, May 14, 2009.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Read too much, couldn't resist temptation to know more. All sounds very exciting so far though, especially the Prime backstory. Here's to ROTF people! *Raises glass*

2. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LMFAO, honored the Source material eh?
    Wolverine was a piece of crap, end of story.

However....I do agree with you about Batman Forever ;) 

3. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^This

4. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

Introducing the idea of the Seekers leaves a nice plot point open for TF3. If there are 10 seekers, minus Jetfire, that could leave Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge, and 4 Aerialbots. OR, all 5 Aerialbots to make Superion, and leave off one of the Decepticon jets.

5. Bystander

Bystander Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyway, here are some more major spoiler posted by someone on donmurphy.net on May 4th, about a couple of weeks before this one. The author has claimed he had already seen the movie (not final cut version).

Apparently there has been a lot of similarities to what have been leaked from this novel.

Empire's trailer commentary... - Page 3 - Don Murphy Message Board

6. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He says he didnt see the movie but was outside the auditorium or something, and he overheard things due to how loud the movie is

Could be possible he was at a test screening I suppose.

He says this in another thread

He also said according to audiences, the movie was still missing special effects. Im sure it was missing Bot dialog too, since there is obviously a Prime opening narration and he said this cut didn't have one.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That info barely tells more than what we heard, except for the ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FACT THAT SKIDS AS A PIMP AND RAPPER IS CANON! :D D

8. Bystander

Bystander Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Is that so? No wonder information he given seemed so limited in term of amount.

I guess the information came out of the junior novel are mostly true and would be made into the movie.

9. Ominous Red

Ominous Red Member

This thread is awesome...

I have been killing myself looking for spoilers. I am a spoiler junkie and this was a serious fix. Kinda bummed about not hearing anything about Superion. I just knew that bastard was gonna show up and kick some ass. But a damn rail Cannon? Booooooooooooooooooo.

Future Weapons is an awesome show BTW.

Optimus combining with Jetfire is awesome but the idea of him possible combining with other Autobots, like the Twins maybe, is awesome. Maybe that will be good enough for a Superion fix.

All in all, I can't wait to see this film. It sounds like it is going to be the best movie to come out this year.

Thanks for posting this!

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Thanks for the extra tidbits.

11. Walley1701

Walley1701 Member

WOW

Spoiled a lot for me but it could change, it my fault for looking lol. But tortured I can not see this yet. GOD June 24th hurry the hell up. I wanna see Sideswipe in action.

Attached Files:

12. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:

No, it wasnt.

13. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I Found the official novel at Walmart!

I picked up the official novel at WM today and thought the best place to post spoilers would be on this thread.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...official-novel-found-walmart-layton-utah.html

I think I will just post things that are different or add onto the Junior novel spoilers as I go along.

Prolouge 17,000 B.C.:

An alien Transformer God (probably the Fallen) lands on Earth to some surprised hunters. He does not hurt them as he does not see them as a threat. The men follow the alien and see many other aliens building what they think is a large metallic "basket" as the men describe it.

Chapter 1: Same as the Junior novel. One thing to add is that Arcee is not one of the three bikes but all three combined.

More to come...

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Does she actually do anything Starkenator or is she just hanging out, being a lady?

15. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    You mean they literally combine in the book, or do you mean that all three of them are Arcee?

16. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

17. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

The Answer, my friend, is yes, to both.

18. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She is chasing down Sideways, shoots at him (as in the trailer), jumps on him, then combines still firing at Sideways until Sideswipe steps in.

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quoted for truth! :thumb 

Indeed, I have been a huge Batman fan, but I always disliked the Burton/Schumacher movies (Batman going around killing people in them was just one thing of the many that put me off).

And I feel the same way about Bay's TFs - the plot and even the characters seems to be written to suit the action scenes. Bay wants an attack of a copter on a military base - enter Blackout, a totally minor Micromaster character with no further relevance to the whole movie, by the way. He wants a car chase - let's have a police car Decepticon (who conviniently disappears when not needed).

Star Trek, while also suffering from action>plot (for example, Spock totally not in character dumping Kirk onto a barren planet instead of confining him to the brig just so we can have scary monster chase scene, or Scotty transporting people to many light years away just so Kirk can get to the next scene without delay) had a much more well-thought out plot the TF - also, the whole movie stayed much truer to the roots and gave the fans more nods then Bayformers. Of course, this was due to a Trek writer assissting Orci and co.

Let's hope whoever does the next TF movie triology in 10 or more years will do better.

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    No similarity to the comics you say???? hmmmmmm....

Lessee.. in Wolverine: Origins (the comic) James Howlett was a sick kid who found out the gardener was his dad, went nuts, grew claws, and killed his dad.
    He ran into the woods to live with his 1/2 brother for a while (who may or may not be Sabretooth in the comics, the author leaves it open).

In the 90's issues of "Wolverine", Logan joins an elite team of mutants fighting communists for the US government. He defects due to Creed's savageness and moves to the canadian rockies. He lives with an indian girl who is "killed" by Creed, so he wants revenge, and every year, Sabretooth attacks Wolverine but wolverine can never definitively beat him.

Wolverine is put into the Weapon X program, where they combine him with adamantium, study his healing factor, and reprogram his mind, in an attempt to create a perfect killer who will follow orders without question, without conscience.

Wolverine gets loose, kills everyone in the facility, and runs about naked in the woods until he is discovered by a kind couple (Alpha Flight in the comics, geezers in the movie), who take him in and "tame" him.

Wolverine goes on a quest to recover his past, and discovers that Silver Fox is still alive and was manipulated by the Weapon X program. Wolverine and Sabretooth temporarily team up to bring the Weapon X program down.

Hmmm... I'd say that is pretty darn faithful to the source. In fact, it's the most faithful of all the X-Men movies, and one of the most faithful of all comic book movies. Dark Knight is a fantastic film, and far better than Wolverine, but no where near as faithful to the comics.

Do they change a few things around? Sure. But the core of the story is taken purely from canon comic events. But you can't say Wolverine is crap for diverging from the source and then turn around and praise Michael Bay's Transformers. Wolverine's story is 10X stronger than the first Transformers film. Wolverine's story is about revenge, not finding a McGuffin cube. Wolverine isn't taken down by a wet-nosed little kid.