Transformers ROTF Novelization Spoilers [ Junior, Official, etc ]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cth, May 14, 2009.

1. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    '86 Movie Unicron'D

2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Erm, you just proved my point with that pic.

Both have:

-Large 'googles' eyes
    -Movable 'eyebrows' for expressions
    -three-clawed hands
    -small blocky bodies.
    -long-multi-jointed necks

Only difference is, Wheelie has legs.

Where did you get that pic from, btw?

And yeah, I'm well aware WALL-E himself was ripped off of Johnny-5 from Short Circuit. I'm 31, been there, seen it. :) 

Yeah, and Megs took orders "really well"... NOT! He only obeyed because Uni punished him, and rebelled at the first opportunity.

I do not like how they are turning Megs, who was in 2007 the uber-bad-head-honcho, into Darth Vader (IE: most powerfull warrior of the great emperor).

Trouble is also, the whole thing really contradicts the Defiance Prequel - there, the Fallen is on the Nemesis, but he is trapped inside a stone slab. Megs would need the allspark to free him. Here, Starscream just appears and tells him the Fallen wants to see him?
    Also - it'd be weird if the Autobots have been fighting the Cons for millions of years and did not know about the real power behind Megs.

About Demolishor - strange thing is, IDW put up the preview of RTOF #1 today, and he dies in the comic as well in Shanghai. My guesses are, either he is re-animated somehow for the Giza scene, or there is another con with the same body called Scavanger... WEird case in either case, much more complicated then Devastator/Brawl.

3. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really hope that the military doesn't kill devastator. that's a job for jet prime and the new autobots as a rite of passage ceremony. this movie sounds great. can't wait for the adult novelization

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

This is the kind of statement that really perplexes me. Why do you WANT to lower your standards? Its almost akin to saying its going to be crap so just expect crap. Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Wolverine, X-Men 1, Batman - all these movies show that there CAN be a plot incorporated into the action. No, the plot wasn't on the level of an intense drama or spy espionage movie with subtle twists, but they did have good plots.

To me, IMHO, Transformers is at the stage that Batman 2 and 3 of the 90s or the first Incredible Hulk movie. Lots of action but poor story, characterization, and execution. Here's to hoping that whoever picks up the next retelling of TFs does a better job...

5. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting really tired of this move. I mean, sure, I suppose I hope that the next person to step up and direct the next incarnation of the franchise (whenever that will be) will do a better job, but don't we always hope for that? No one ever says "I hope the next person to come along does a shittier job with the franchise I love."

Odds are, though, it won't happen. Not with Transformers. Sorry to make you cry.

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I didnt read all, just parts. But while i read those bits i had "The Touch" in my mp3 and they so fit! XD I wanna be in June already XD

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not lowering the standards as much as it is we're actualy enjoying the movie for what it is instead of going the whole ride thinking "the grass could've been greenier, michael bay sucks!!1"

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fallen and Megatron's relationship is different in the movie, it's not a YOU'LL WORK FOR ME AND TURN PURPLE OR DIE, it's more like "Hey man, wanna get some ultimate power, cheap and free shipping?"

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh please let Rodimus be one of the Primes!

10. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

So...the novels end as bumblebee beats up the rampage, overload whoever the red constructicon is? the Twins seem much more knowledgeable than I thought they would be. But, I must ask , it doesn't just start out with the new autobots and new decepticons already on earth does it? I was hoping ratchet would inform Prime his message was received by several other autobots. Yeah Ratchet action would be great... :) 

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Do it Autobot Style: Shove it in her chest.

12. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gaaaah!!! This is torture!!!!

I read the first sentence, and saw another spoiler. I can't read any more.

HURRY THE F#*K UP JUNE 24TH!!!!!

13. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    a fair amount of this seems similar to that script thingm leaked about a year back, but with vast improvements. and we should really take the detail here with a grain of salt, as it is just the adaptation, and adaptations are never really that accurate(looking at bookshelf, the men in black, godzilla and star wars prequel trilogy adaptations jump out at me with their wild tangents). fair enough on the throw-away teleportation explanation, there's only so much they would have time to say.
    is it just me, or are herp and derp seeming less ******ed as we get closer to the release?

14. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, it's the legs that make all the difference. Wheelie isn't blocky. He's lean aside from a wide chest (due to the wheels). He tapers to a narrow waist and slender limbs. His mouth (with apparent "teeth") seperate him from Wall-E's "binoculars". It's like me saying a cat looks just like a dog: They have fur, four legs, a tail, a head with triangle shaped ears, and a muzzle. They're practically identical when you say it like that.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Fans decided that they were "******s". The character designs look goofy, but nothing official suggested they were "******s".

16. Brunstar

Brunstar Member

I love the way most of this sounds, but I due have a problem with one thing, or should I say I don't get it?
    I thought in the last/first movie Optimus and Megs were brothers, and now in this movie Optimus is one of the first 13? And is the Fallen one of the 13 to?

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pleeeease don't tell me you just said Wolverine was good! That was a mistake, right? Especially in terms of plot and action!

This makes me a sad panda!

18. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Nope, Optimus is a descendant of one of the 13 that escaped from The Fallen's betrayal of the others.

The Fallen is one of the 13, Optimus isn't. He's the son/grandson/etc of one of the original 13.

19. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    i got pumped after reading the spoils, but kinda dissaponited that...

soundwave dosent come to earth
    no sideswipe or bike sisters after the china town stuff
    no signs of jolt at all

but we'll see what happens when the movie comes out. other than that im pretty satisfied. :) 

-rikkuluverx2

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Wolverine is considered by critics to be considerably worse than Transformers.

Last I heard, people liked and enjoyed Transformers, whereas people did not enjoy the Joel Schumacher Batman films very much.