Transformers: ROTF News - Details on the Alice Character

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I always found the Pretender concept to be an interesting one, so I'll reserve judgment until I see how they pull it off in the movie. I wonder if the robot underneath will have an alt mode like the original toys. Can't be anything real big since it's a human-sized robot.

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I am speechless. I don't know if I should say awesome cause I like the concept and the homage it is. Or if I should be wary cause how it could be pulled off in a live action movie.

Also makes me think, a human thats really a TF isn't outlandish but a DINO is? sorry had to throw that out there

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I don't think "less is more" has ever been Michael Bay's philosophy.

But I know how you feel, I'm starting to think they are trying to cram way too much into this movie. It's like they're trying to please everyone by including lots of things that they'll only do half-right, instead of concentrating on only a few concepts or TFs and getting those right.

The pretender concept is a tough one - there may only be a 10% chance that they pull it off, it seems like a needless risk.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

B-what?

Well, this sounds..interesting. I will save any comments when I see it/her on screen.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So?

Anyways, I've never been to big on pretenders, but it could be interesting, I'll save my judgement until after I've seen the film, since I like..actually learned something from the last one.

6. Lookout

Lookout Allied decepticon

Hoo boy. this'll be fun. sounds like alien mixed with terminator.

7. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    What happened to spoiler alerts?

8. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

If we had some half competent writers, then I'd be more optimistic about introducing the Pretenders concept with the seemingly dozen other plotlines they are throwing into this flick. Pretenders really is the ultimate disguise, and a logical step in a species that has transforming as part of their genetic makeup.

As it stands, this reeks of too much too soon. They barely focused on the main cast of the first movie (that is, the robots) and now they are throwing all these other items into the mix. I feel they are just going to give all these concepts a barely half assed attempt and it's going to look silly and lame. If it doesn't look like a Terminator type robot, I'll be stunned.

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, we have a Terminator film out the same summer as ROTF but it abandons the whole infiltration storyline.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Look elsewhere in this thread for the 'no movie news' link. I can't be bothered digging it out for you, but it's been posted several times by Tim F already.

11. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

Holy crap people do you not understand the idea of posting SPOILER ALERT or something?? Don't you think that no eveyone wants to know everything you have been posting about the movie?? Don't you think that some people are trying to avoid a lot of spoilers??

I like comling to this site for news and info about the toys, comics and whatnot but can we get some SPOILER WARNINGS for crying out loud?!?!?

12. Shipley

Shipley none

News Credits:
    I really, truly, honestly wished TFW didn't post spoilers of this magnitude in the title of a post on the front page. I'm not even safe from spoilers in my damn RSS feed.

I don't want the "no movie news" feed because I'd still like to get news for, ya know, the movie. All I'm asking is to keep the spoilers in the post, not in the titles.

People went F'n nuts over the 3rd spark in Beast Machines, and yet this shit just gets pasted on the front without warning.

Just as an example: I'd have settled for "Major Revelation about Alice" or a plain "Pretenders in TF2"

On the otherhand, this TF2 Insider has been wrong about a bunch of stuff already, so maybe he's just pulled this out of his ass too.

13. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit Prime

News Credits:
    I wish the news section would somehow hide Spoiler info from the news on the front page.

14. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love them front-page spoilers. *shakes head*

15. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I think for non-fans its not going to make any differance people can look at this and go "holly shit thats awesome" without having any idea about the tf universe. After all its science fiction so they should expect weird stuff right?

16. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Huh, interesting concept. Could be cool. Seriously though, I don't think there's quite enough going on in this movie. It's hard to believe, but I'm starting to wonder if the robot character development will be even less than that of the original movie.

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow come on guys if you didnt want to know anything about the movie or spoilers why would you even click on it it says details on the alice character. I mean im sure every TF site you go to is going to have that information. Plus half the information could be false or true you know those bay tricks

18. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I really hope this is false info. I've never liked the Pretenders and I always thought a robot inside of a human was a stupid idea. Transformers are generally huge compared to a human. A frenzy-sized robot is the exception..but still..this is Tranformers..and I don't want some stupid terminator like robot in the movie. ******ed! It's like Robotech yet the exact opposite with the robot being inside the human.

19. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    all they really have to do is take away all the SPOILER type news and put that in another link because we are all so comfortable with going to the standard Transformer World 2005 site. They should create a page called Transformers News as well that way the spoilers aren't on the FRONT page that everybody visits.

At least, people who are just casually visiting the site who DON'T want to be spoiled can have a choice not to be spoiled

20. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

so...ppl just the top post and then hit reply without reading any of the other posts in the thread? cause what im about to post has been posted like 4 times in this thread alone. learn to read ppl!!