Transformers: ROTF News - Details on the Alice Character

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    In real life, that would make sense. Completely agree. In movie life, they're going to keep Sam alive because it's what they do in movie. Doesn't jive in real life, but I wouldn't doubt that's what Alice is doing in the movie.

Hasn't it already been stated that they won't do mass size-changes/shifting? They could always go back on their word, though.

Agree. Anyone can reason anything may happen, but it always brings about more questions. Thankfully. Makes board conversation more interesting.

2. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Was just going to say the same thing. I actually like how they did pretenders in that series, so this is an interesting twist.

3. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    If this rumour is true then we've already seen these 'pretenders' in the first movie in the form of Moustache Man who seems to be the halfrobot/halfhologram pilot/driver of the decepticons.

and if that logic flows she could be a part of or minion of another decepticon.

It also means the three drivers of Arcee could get off the bikes and do some serious arsekicking before becomeing part of arcee again.

Or all the bots could have some drone part of them...could this mean we'd see roller too?

4. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm betting Alice is Ravage...

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know, a while ago I thought that since Alice = apparently evil, she might equal Pretender, in which case Robot on Windshield = AlicePretenderBot? due to its small form and "hair," but I never actually bothered to post that here.
    Which sucks, because otherwise I'd be posting "TOLD YOU SO!!!!" left and right, but oh well...
    Anyways, what I'm concerned with is, will this Pretender have an alt. mode aside from the AliceShell? Because if it's just a Decepticon robot in a human disguise, that's kind of lame, since if it doesn't transform, it's not a Transformer. Unless they want to introduce Action Masters into the movie series, and I really don't think that would be a good idea.
    Overall, I think they might be pushing the limits with this; we've got a gestalt combiner, a single-bot and two-bot combiner, the Fallen, and now a Pretender. That's a lot for the average viewer to have to comprehend. Hopefully they can pull it off.
    As it stands, I'm not a fan of having Pretenders in the movie continuity.

6. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

San Diego is still beautiful as always...I wasn't aware you were away. Did you move?

Even primitive machines are still...Machines. My argument was with respect to using a human disguise. It has been argued before, with respect to your point, that Megatron maintained a cybertronian mode out of pride and because he was too powerful to hide from weak flesh creatures.

In the movie universe I say fine this makes sense, but in the original cartoon I remember the whole point of the Transformers to me at least as "Robots in Disguise" and even Megatron favored strategy and espionage over mere brute force, but oh well.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  7. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

WHOA !!!!!!:eek:  That is awesome !!:drool: :thumbs2: :popcorn 

8. Incesticon

Incesticon Well-Known Member

or just go on ebay...

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope this stuff all works in the film better than it sounds on a message board. I keep hearing more and more about gimmicky stuff in this film (Pretender-style person TF, three cycles into one robot. two robots into one truck, other combinations of combining robots) and it seems overwhelming. It reminds me of when they pour more and more 'major villains' into a superhero film, and end up devoting less thought and screen time to each one. It seems like we're just going from one robot with a new trick/gimmick to the next with a new and different gimmick, all flash and no substance (LOL Michael Bay :)  )Perhaps it won't work out that way here, in fact I hope it doesn't.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's cool. At least that robot isn't Ravage or Frenzy, but a deranged pretender lady. :lol 

11. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never knew about the 'News w/o Movie Spoiler' link. Was it ever announced? I dont remember. Its not an issue with me but it seems like others did not know about this that should have known because they did not want to be spoiled.

I think the robot on the windshield is the pretender/Alice and not Ravage. Its looks like the robot has tenticles like hair. If this is Ravage than why would he have hair.

The pretender needs an alt mode or it would be like a rip off of the Terminator.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    the tank from the first movie? what can he do?

If you're talking about the Constructicon then its more likely all the Decepticons in the movie will combine to form a giant robot called The Constructicon or something rather than there being different construction vehicles combining into one.

13. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

Did anyone else think "Animorphs," then cringe?

14. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Back when I was watching home and away a few years ago with her in I would never have imagined she would one day be a Transformer lol.
    Im looking forward to the new film, this sounds like it could be quite cool. Though it is sounding a bit gimmicky with all the different things they are introducing. I hope this is'nt a replacement for a decent story and characterisations.

15. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

How ******ed. THIS MOVIE WILL BLOW

16. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

So Pretenders are now not only part of IDW Canon, but also Movie Canon? Ugh...Pretenders are the least logical 'upgrade' Transformers can have...aside from Action Masters, which don't even Transform. I really really hope this isn't true, but if it is, maybe it will be cool...Maybe.

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    DUDE SHE IS A QUINTESON not a pretender!

18. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :crazy: 

19. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, being able to walk AMONG HUMANS at any time, gathering data, spying, and be a tactical surprise in battle. Why yes, that has NOTHING to do with Robots In DISGUISE.

:sly2: 

20. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Yes, there were announcements galore, and it has been repeated every time that someone has whined about spoilers. The link is quite apparent, and if you'll just bookmark it and NOT GO TO THE MAIN PAGE when you log on, you'll find it works perfectly.

Of course one would question the wisdom of going to a Transformers website in the first place if you truly didn't want to be spoiled, but that's another subject. The problem is that people come here and can't be bothered to read or do the most minute research (which is the reason why there are almost always 50 versions of the same question or complaint in any given thread.) To expect people to cater to you when you can't be bothered to read is asking too much.

ANYWAY, I'm happy with the Pretender. I'm a huge fan of Masterforce, so I'm really confused why the geewunners would really begrudge us Masterforce fans a token character. I like that it expands the TF mythos and opens it up for even more exploration.

Still, I'm not sure how this will sit with our BOTTZ NOT HUMANNZZ crowd.