Transformers: ROTF News - Details on the Alice Character

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Really, how hard is it for you spoiler babies to BOOKMARK the no-spoiler page and go straight from THERE instead of robotically pulling up the main page?

Tough love time: if you don't want spoilers, maybe you shouldn't visit a site where you're likely to see one. I avoided Harry Potter sites during the release of Book 7. Not one plot point got spoiled for me.

2. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I have to say, the idea of the Pretender may be interesting. It explains a bit of the other info of her character and being rejected by BB and whatnot.

Also, alanyap, the average woman can be between 5 ft and about 5'10". So, in theory, the bot on the hood can be her. Maybe the limbs stretch out for the appropriate length of legs, arms, etc...

Now, why does everyone think the more they cram into this the worse it is gonna be? We can't even confirm all of the stuff that will be in the movie. Even so, we can, forgive the pun in this thread, pretend that we have a bit in here. It doesn't take an hour in a movie to explain certain things, like the pretender for instance: let's say that it goes from the scene where BB kicks her out of the car, Sam asks BB why he did that, and BB replies, something about a bad vibe from her, goes to her and have a transmission from a decepticon about infiltrating or capturing Sam(something along those lines), next day, he encounters her again, she sheds the fake skin and jumps on the hood of the car where Sam may be in. Time basis, that can be done in a few 2 minute scenes. They don't have to go into an in depth explination like: "Ok, we need to create a way to infiltrate to the humans...maybe if we can hide a bot in fake skin and have them befriend the humans, we can get the job done...who can we have do this, ah you..." enter a 10 minute scene of how they do it, and than show them working on getting to befriend them...

Point being, we just need to stop looking at what may be ruining the movie, or turning every piece of news we hear that may or may not be true, into nothing more than a "This is a stupid idea, it shouldn't be added into the movie, blah blah blah..." Be positive gang! Be glad we even have a live action movie.

3. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually think this isn't a bad idea--in fact, I think it is a good idea. Given that we've already seen holograph technology in the first one (Blackout and Starscream), why couldn't a smaller one use the same technology to cover its entire self?

To those of you who are complaining about how pretenders are such a bad idea: you are latching onto the label too much, and you're not thinking deeper about it. This is not a case of some shitty shell with a toy inside. Why the hell would anyone consider using *that*? Don't straw-man Michael Bay & co. If you've got a beef with the films, find something that is at least plausibly legitimate. Well, hey, we don't even know for sure what's in this movie yet, so there's no reason to get all pissed anyway. But in the meantime, don't assume that the shittiest possible version of a gimmick is making its way into the movie: remember that Bay et al. have to appease very greedy money-grubbing exec. types: they're all in this to win, so your shitty picture of "Pretenders" classics Grimlock or Bludgeon or whatever isn't the same as what's actually going on with Alice. Chill.

4. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Point is, a lot of fans won't be pleased until EVERY LITTLE DETAIL is sussed out within the movie. They want constant monologuing by the Decepticons, a la G1, when the movie Deceps didn't talk, they just got to thrashing. They want Megatron and Starscream to sip tea and bitch at each other homoerotically. They want to spend 30 minutes on each character's motivation, back-story, and character traits. I get the feeling that a lot of fans expected long sequences (a la the first issue of the Marvel comics) where the characters just stood around characterizing the living hell out of themselves. Remember, these are the same people who can't grasp the concept of the Allspark without having a feature length documentary about it, even though it's clearly derived from Vector Sigma and the Matrix.

The one advantage that the Haters have this year is that they can go into this particular movie with an armload of gripes already in hand. Whereas with the first movie, they had to figure out why it was they hated it, this time they will be prepared and the self-fulfilling prophecy of their griping will come to fruition. I fear that the amount of people who say "see I told you it would suck" will be even more innumerable this time, simply because fans have their hopes too high and have already made the decision to hate it before they even see the first frame. So help me, I hope these fans aren't in the theater with me.

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Im love the idea, It's good to see that there will be humans working with the Decepticons (Although she is one). And it would also be a diffrence in the personality of the characters she's played, this would be her first time been a bad guy.
    And aslong as they dont make it to Terminator-ie-ish, Im happy :D  :thumbs2: 

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

If the only thing at all this site reported on was movie news, then you'd have a valid point there. But people come here for toy, Animated, comics news, etc. So just ignoring the site altogether isn't really an option.

Honestly, while it was as a noble attempt by TFW, I just don't think the "No Movie news" option thing is working. Time and time again, people complain about spoilers when something like this is posted. It's there, but you just can't force people to use it.

I also believe, and I mean NO disrespect here, that the TFW staff has been using it as a "safety blanket" and freely posting spoilerly news like this without being careful about it. Is there anything wrong with that? No, of course not. But, I don't think it would hurt for them to start erring on the side of caution.

7. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Soooo, does this mean we're technically gonna have 2 fembots in this movie?

8. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bitter much? I hope your little nasty rant made you feel better.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    cough cough terminator cough cough nuked the fridge cough cough

10. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Excellent idea! I'll just not visit the main page of a site I pay to support for until this movie hits the theaters! :throw :stick: :poop 

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Pure weak sauce.

First off - the whole point of Transformers when it started was that it was robots who disguised themselves as cars, jets, or other cool stuff that boys liked to play with. Say what you will about the robots of Bay's TF1, but every single alternate mode was in that spirit.

Now there's this report of a robot... that "wears a shell" of a human body? And not only that - it's a girl?

So in this movie there's a robot that wears a human suit to avoid detection, but also 7 huge construction vehicles that turn into robots and then merge to form one giant ass robot. Shouldn't the decepticons just show up and stomp asses?

If this is a hologram, then that's one thing. But a shell? Not Transformers. Something else.

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    if I wanted to watch a robot pretend to be human, running around in a human shell, I'd rent a Terminator movie. The Pretenders (transformers, not music group), was a HORRIBLY lame line of figures. All the humans were insanely fat, not skinny blonde bimbos. If they are doing Pretenders in the TF2 movie, they need to employ Rush Limbaugh, Emeril Lagasse, Harry Knowles, etc, not bulimics.

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought that Pretenders were good idea that was poorly executed. It's a sound idea for the movie as the Con's would try to use every trick they can to get what they want. And if Sam has an Autobot guardian (Bumblebee) then any vehicle TF is gonna be spotted before any useful info could be gathered. So the idea of a Pretender going after him works.

It also works with an audience who are not so into TF lore as we all are.
    After the first movie, they will be looking for every car, jet, or cell phone to turn into a robot. A Human TF will be a surprise. Then, they'll not only be looking for vehicles to become bots, but will be expecting other humans to do the same. In a real sense, it ups the fear factor of the film as now "anything" can be a robot.

14. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    So am I. Waaaay to Kiss Players-ish for me.

15. MisterE

MisterE What?

I kinda like the idea. It's a new twist on an old and somewhat silly idea. If it's true, it adds more pressure on the good human characters: now anything, not just vehicles and electronic objects, could potentially be a Decepticon.

16. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Well the dealbreaker for me is going to be if the internal robot has an alt mode if so then yeah she is a Pretender, but if the internal robot cant transform she is like a terminator that once its cover is blown discards its flesh suit which is meh.

God thats a worry ive been going of the premise it cant be much worse.

17. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

Bull-shit

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Things get better over time. Alice doesn't have to be a lame toy. She doesn't have to be fat.

You're applying your worst fears to something you know nothing about and then believing them to be true.

It seems obvious that they want a human to work with the Decepticons and the human actually being a Decepticon in disguise would make the most sense.

19. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've got no problem with the idea - I think it could be quite interesting (the carless spoiler-flinging that has potentially ruined a surprise twist in the movie itself, not so much). The fact that people seem to be applying the literal G1 definition of "Pretender" to this news, and actually expect to see a size-changing robot wearing a fat two-piece girl-shell, is hilarious, though.

20. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    How exactly would a human be a better spy form than frenzy's boom box?

I don't want a lot of screen time for this character anyway. Just have her show up at some meeting of national inteligence and then leave to change and contact starscream.