Transformers: Robots In Disguise - Updated Show Information

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I like this show, but really? A fourth season? Just because Rescue Bots broke 100 episodes doesn\'t mean RiD has to as well. Frankly I\'d love to see some RiD toy sales numbers considering how much of it clogs up shelf space at my Toys R Uses. 

It\'s kinda funny considering they apparently only planned to do two seasons and a TV film, guess this show is really surpassing their expectations?

• Like Like x 4
  3. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Well this is great news. I'm happy its happening though i'm confused by the end date being 2016 on the post. I can't wait to see what the show does next. Hopefully its just epic. I'm sure the show will truly end next year since the app and toyline will continue til then

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    Personally I think the more RiD the better
    Really enjoyed the show and toys so far
    Although I hope we get more new wacky characters and we don't continue around the G1 inspired stuff season 2.5 and 3 have given us
    Also. PLEASE more toys. I want kickback, chop shop, saberhorn, scowl and so many others

• Like Like x 4
  5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It's only another seven episodes. Just another mini-series that will probably be designed to wrap everything up.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

yeah dude maybe they "clog shelves" in your areas but when I was working at TRU in Colonie last Christmas season the entire RID range sold very steady and we always had a good selection of stuff in stock. That store still does actually.

And RID outperforming sales expectations is the exact stated reason by Hasbro that we got the bigger variety of characters in toy form that we started to and why RID was "uncancelled" after Decepticon Island.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    But that's the exact same episode count that the Hasbro Studios website had last time. Sure, they updated it with Combiner Force info, but it seems like they just left other stuff untouched. I wouldn't get too excited just yet, since that particular bit of information hasn't changed since RID was first put on the Hasbro Studios website.

That's the production date, meaning they finished production of the show last year (supposedly).

• Like Like x 1
  8. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    As long as I see lots of combiners I\'m good.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I think the more RiD the better
    Really enjoyed the show so far
    Although I hope we get more G1 inspired stuff season 2.5 and 3 has given us

Id like to see Grimlock go to his G1 color scheme, have Prowl and Ironhide from the app game come in and have Jazz return.

The only non g1 character I want to return is Windblade

• Like Like x 2
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Except 100 episodes is the magic number for syndication.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    No, 65 is the threshold for syndication.

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Is that weekly syndication? I thought half hour shows sought 100.

13. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Wouldn't be surprised if that gets extended again.

The TF: Prime/RID universe has really gotten a strong foot hold in audiences.
    Plus it'll give them more time to prepare the new series for after if they do another reboot, if they do one. Seems really smart to keep it going though since it's all connected to each other like Rescue Bots.

Kind of makes me wonder what the next series will be, or if they'll do another continuation of this lore. I'm loving how this feels like a Nu-G1 with the branching out and the continuing on from the previous. But eventually they are going to have to do something about how it connects to other new shows for their combined universe stuff. So that means either a reboot, or finding a way to connect it to a 10 years later Renegades co-vert military branch as a cameo. Rom would be an easy cameo for any series. Same to micronauts.

Lots of things they could do, but I'm kind of expecting they'll keep evolving the TF: Prime universe with these 'so & so many years later' type setups. Kind of expecting them to cover Pretenders in the next batch. They've done minicons and power masters already. Combiner wars too. So the human element of Pretenders seems like the only classic gimmick they haven't covered yet besides head masters, and Pretender tech would let them do beast wars cameos easier too to continue to evolve the predacons from TF: Prime. A new Predaking would be awesome too!

• Like Like x 2
  14. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

My biggest hope for this season is that the story has an endgame. They've been directionless for awhile now. This whole combiner thing that they're going for leaves me a bit uninterested considering the comics have dealt with them.

I'm still waiting for Optimus to explain why hes isn't on Cybertron. Same with what he said about doing a mission with friends and that Bumblebee will find it out later.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    theyve done targetmasters more so than powermasters

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deadend

News Credits:
    I'd argue that much of the minicons from last season were power masters in how they upgraded the bots. Like what happened with Prime and Starscream. Target masters fits, but we've seen more towards Armada style minicons with the activators too. So I lean on those more as power masters than target masters since they provided a boost in power. But Target masters were in the mix too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    personally i wouldnt lump them in as powermasters, as powermasters were necessary to transform, not just a power boost. the powerboost is more in line with the armada minicons

• Like Like x 1
  18. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see if the earlier theories fans had (Crown City being a Transformer) is true or not. I'd also like to see the beginnings of the EDC and maybe a little bit more about the council on Cybertron.

jD001

19. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

Darn, I was hoping that shallow garbag- I mean, show would be over and done with so something better can replace it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Deadend

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the lore has to evolve and needing a 'minicon' to transform is complicated and not fun toy-wise.

Though Armada did that with Blurr. Literally right after Aaron Archer made claims that would never be the case with Armada. Then the next character introduced was Blurr that did need one to transform.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.