Transformers: Robots in Disguise speculation thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jun 12, 2014.

1. endless_abyss

endless_abyss Decepticon Knight

I have a strong feeling that the villains will be the Star Seekers. What with Thundertron being in the Prime toys and BotCon's focus on pirates this year. I know that Star Seekers aren't deemed Decepticons, but they never had an issue declaring Unicron a Decepticon either lol.

2. sonicwing

sonicwing Well-Known Member

Who knows, right??

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You know I totally forgot about that. I saw the commercial last week. Though according to all the news sources online the show isn't set to air until next year so why are showing the sneak peak... which I think might actually be an airing of the pilot episode, half a year or more before the series is even going to air? Why not wait a couple months before they're getting close to actually airing the series? And if they're advertising it now why are they waiting so freaking long to actually show it. I can't recall ever anticipating a cartoon series 6+ months before it even airs before. Movies sure but a cartoon?

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I meant Lockdown not Leadfoot

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

6. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I admit I am intrigue to who they are voicing. Somehow it would be release on the Fourth

I was thinking that Nautica could show up. I mean she can be engineer and scientific type.

As for the Ted McGinley I am not sure.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well now the quotes are messed up in two posts. TFW10 forgot the [/quote] tag and WilyMech didn't fix it so it looks like I said "Glad to hear that RC will be back somehow someway." when actually TFW10 said it... though I do agree with that statement. I like Arcee. Still, fix your quotes please.

8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    IMBD isn't always a legit source, if the voice actress was returning then there would've been a news article on this site.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Two things wrong with that statement besides the grammar.

This site has a "News and Rumors" section. It's run by fans and half of the news is admittedly speculation. It wouldn't be posted here first before you'd see it anywhere else nor is it anywhere near 100% accurate. In fact every article that's ever been posted here includes a link to the original source somewhere else on the internet.

IMDB is run by professionals. Actors or their agents run their own pages. It's not just posted fan rumors. I know this because several of my friends who are actors have their own IMDB pages. The information isn't always right because some times roles are recast or release dates are changed. In which case it doesn't take them long to correct that information.

Basically if IMDB says something is true, there's only really a 1-10% chance it isn't where as this site, it's more like 25-50%

10. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    a shit hole show like a prime spinoff is def not run by professionals yet, as there isnt really any news on it no one really knows if shes returning to her role its just speculation. i cant tell if you agree with jack or are anti jack or what the fuck did you even say i that post other than open with a pretentious grammar quip??

11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to this new series. I hope that the "preview" that will be shown on July 4th will maybe give us a glimpse of some of the other characters. :) 

If the Star Seekers appeared as antagonists, I'd be happy, I also sorta hope that maybe some of the characters made for the Transformers Universe game may appear in the series at some point.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    1. Hiring a guy to replace a VA just because his name sounds similar and not for an actual reason, like say having a similar vocal range, sounds about as silly as Ed Wood hiring his wife's chiropractor to be the replacement for Bella Lugosi in Plan 9 From Outer Space despite the guy being neither an actor nor even remotely close to resembling the famous horror icon.

2. IMDB is totally trustworthy while Wikipedia should be taken with a grain of salt? Looking at the wikipedia page, its only sources are the Variety article from a few weeks ago, and links to TFW2005...discussing the variety article. With only one real source, the wiki article is just regurgitating the press release with less words. And I also have to ask if you even read the Variety article, because it clearly says this:
    Take it with a grain of salt indeed.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at the IMDB article, and it's telling me that the new cartoon has a connection to "Transformers: Go!" even though that's impossible as "Go!" is a Japansese-only spin-off line Takara came up with because they didn't want to use Beast Hunters. Without any cited information, IMDB really is more sketchy than Wikipedia because without sourced info, anybody can put stuff up there.

Actually, Thundertron's presence in the Prime line might have been part of an aborted tie-in with the planned MMO game, as designs from that game also feature an Ultra Magnus that's a dead-on match for the first version of him (the cab-over with the artillery hammer, not the Optimus retool). As all of that fell through, though, they're just leftovers from an unrealized larger franchise plan.

Botcon also usually tends to stay away from whatever official thing Hasbro is doing for the sake of staying independent in its fiction, and honestly does anybody from this year's set who are labeled pirates actually feel like swashbuckling robots and not just a quickly lumped together collection of homages?

Where are you getting these percentages? Guestimation? They don't mean a thing without the data to back them up, you know.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    :lolol  Name your friends who are actors. I've heard so many "I know a guy" claims it's ridiculous.

I severely doubt that every single actor in Hollywood gives a shit about IMDB. You cannot trust IMDB, especially regarding future projects like this, unless the information has been verified by another source. I really can't believe the number of times someone has to explain this to people here.

14. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly gave up posting a new thread there in the News and Rumors. I am just a fan but any tidbits I have usually are known by me very last. As for IMDB it is information I read other pages. I will post random speculation sometimes it is correct and sometimes it is not.

As for the dates. I am not going hold them to it. Life happens. Actors have other commitments until the show is out then things are being spin to generate interest in it.

15. JCthegreat

JCthegreat Star Seeker

News Credits:
    It sounds like the aligned universe just got slight more less aligned. Sideswipe was the ark's pilot in the books and now he's a rookie/possibly KO? Why?

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That was a joke. Their names do sound similar but no one would ever hire someone for that reason. I thought that kind of made it obvious that I wasn't being serious there.

You do realize that Go! is actually part of the same continuity right? Yeah it's Japanese only but so was Headmaster, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, Beast Wars II, and Beast Wars Neo, doesn't mean they aren't connected to the American shows.

Anybody can put stuff on Wiki. Just because they cite sources at the bottom doesn't mean those sources are any more reliable than the wiki is. And IMDB is actually a reliable source.

IMDB doesn't cite sources because they are the freaking sources. That would be like Hasbro putting up information on their own web site and you looking at it going "I don't know if this Transformer is actually real, they didn't cite a source."

17. ChibiGingi

ChibiGingi Calm Your Circuits, Red!

The whole concept of the aligned continuity is a load of garbage from the very get go, and Hasbro's too derp to even care about how much sense it DOESN'T make. They just want everything to fit in the same universe because the idea of MULTIPLE universes is 'too complicated for their fanbase to follow', even though DC and Marvel comics have been doing it for years...

Honestly, I just pretend that Hasbro has no idea what they're talking about when they say that things are in the 'aligned continuity' and just move on with my life. Makes life less complicated for me, though I pity the writers that are TRYING to make it work.

18. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    I hope this series sheds some light on the fate of Liege Maximo's arm and the Star Saber.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Also Hasbro has been doing it for years. Plus the fact that having multiple universes actually makes it EASIER to follow not harder. The first time they introduced a new universe was RID (the first one after Beast Machines) only at the time I didn't realize it was a different universe. I was still thinking that everything was connected to G1 even when Armada first aired. And I got a major head ache trying to figure out how they all fit together. This is kinda like that only that was never meant to fit together so it made sense that I couldn't understand. Now they actually want it to fit and my head ache is back.

20. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    I think I have an answer: hypertime.
    The basic history of the Aligned continuity is essentially the same, but sometimes continuity flows into a different tributary. The Prime cartoon and the Exodus novels are different tributaries of the main Aligned timeline.

Then again, statements from Hasbro have suggested that the Aligned continuity exists outside of the regular Transformers multiverse, so we could be dealing with alternate universes.