Transformers Robots In Disguise 2015: (S2Ep18/S3Ep5)Mini-Con Madness Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Huzair23, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he feels more entitled after defeating the Predacons and he must've collected some wisdom along the way.

2. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Already watched that video, good thing I kept the page open and had let the video load while I was busy doing other things earlier today. That way I was still able to watch it in its entirety despite the video being unwatchable at the time I was watching it.

So onto the review for this episode.

The story was alright but kind of dull a bit. We finally got an answer for what happened to Starscream after his encounter with the Predacons. Admittedly at first I was shocked when Starscream revealed he had upgraded his body to match how powerful he was feeling after he killed the Predacons. But when it was shown how Starscream killed the Predacons, I began to burst into laughter. The fact Starscream fled in terror and accidentally tripped on a button which led to the two Predacons demise was so pathetic that I couldn't help but laugh. That pathetic nature of Starscream is one of my favorite aspects of my most two loved versions of Starscream and that would be G1 Starscream and Animated Starscream. I actually found it so amusing that it did distract me from the fact at my slight annoyance that two powerful Predacons, were killed by a simple accident which is a pretty embarrassing way to go out.
    Onto a more serious note, it's interesting the origins that were revealed about the minicons. Despite the show not flat out saying it, you know that when Starscream said that minicons were taken from a young age and experimented on, that the one that obviously experimented and altered them was Shockwave. I mean it's pretty obvious, he pretty much experimented on anything he could get his hands on. Though I don't know why the writers tired to make it seem like Megatron was the one who performed the experiments. Even if you ignore all the rest of the Aligned Continuity, I believe the Prime series never did establish Megatron to be one of the scientific mind. If it did then it's clear I might need to rewatch the series again to refresh my memory. The plot with the trust issues between the Autobots and the minicons seemed a bit bland though.

Okay onto the characters, I find it interesting how Optimus is against using the minicons. I assume they'll explore this more in the next episode but the fact Optimus seems wary of their power is very intriguing. It was obvious that he's having trust issues but the question is about what, is it power that he fears. I really hope we get something interesting, the show did surprise by giving an explanation for what happened to Starscream when I thought they wouldn't. Sideswipe continues to feel guilty about his comment toward the minicons and is worried he might not get the chance to take back his words. I honestly like this character dilemma but my problem is I wished that they didn't make Sideswipe flip-flop so much when it comes to his personality, it seems the writers struggle to find the correct balance. I like how Drift continues to show concern for Jetstorm and Slipstream, it really shows how much he has grown as a character and his bond with his minicons. I absolutely loved the interactions between Starscream and Bumblebee, I couldn't help but laugh when Bumblebee distract Starscream by making a few jabs toward him and of course Starscream's response. I really want them to bring back Starscream just so I can see him and Steeljaw many times, I stated many times that it's just too perfect to imagine what kind of interactions you would get from the two.

Finally I would like on the power merge, oh man its way better than the Decpeticon Hunter armor. Though I do feel like it was a bit lacking with Strongarm's design, then again they don't want to over do it, we don't need a repeat of Powered Up Steeljaw. I think they might need to find a good balance, a design that doesn't feel lacking yet also not so crazy that it causes immense framerate slowdown. As for the weapons, I would like to quote one of my reactions...
    "Wait what's happeni... is that a bubble gun?! It is, it's a bubble gun! Oh my god, ha ha ha, I can't believe they have a freaking bubble gun!"
    Yeah I was amused by the Cybertronian relics, especially since Optimus was getting beaten by bubbles of all things. I would like to see my brother try to point out a moment where Rodimus experienced something more embarrassing, but I think he's going to have a hard time. :lol  This totally beats Laserbeak somehow managing to beat Optimus all by himself in G1. As for the fighting, it was alright and seemed to flow nicely. But seriously that bubble gun, I can't stop laughing.

So over all I give this episode a 7.0, and alright episode but the plot got a bit dull.

Season 2.5 Scores
    Episode 1 - 7/10
    Episode 2 - 8/10
    Episode 3 - 10/10
    Episode 4 - 8/10
    Episode 5 - 7/10

Season 2.5 Average So Far - 8.0

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

The funniest moment for me with this episode was when Starscream put his arm around Bumblebee and waved his hand through the air while looking into the distance.

"Allow me to set the scene"

What a fucking douchebag. Good Lord I loved it.

The animation of his body language and SB's voice acting in that little bit made my day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That'll replace the toy story picture of "Transformers, Transformers everywhere." signature I've been seeing lately. :lol 

jD001

5. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wasnt me ... I just found it

6. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny how iStarscream's design change has been brought up twice in as many episodes, as if the writers want us to know they're well aware that he looked differently in Prime, yet they've never acknowledged that Bumblebee or Optimus has changed too, almost like they're thinking "two seasons in and nobody's noticed yet" lol. Surprised Starscream didn't say something back to Bumblebee about it.

Also, Optimus flew! So no idea where they're going with this whole "flies for the first time thing", cos honestly, thats the second time he's done it this season and I'm sure they're referring to some big thing that happens when Aerobolt powers him up, which is a bit of a waste of time on Aerobolt's part if it just gives him an ability he's already got lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
  7. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    Thanks Arian!
    Just watched the episode.
    Starscream you bastard!!!!!!!!!
    I do love hearing Bee laughing

8. Arian

Arian Member

Ebay:
    iPads are incapable of downloading files (unless they're jailbroken). Is there any way you can access a PC?

If not, try this: https://content-na.drive.amazonaws....n470O_QDUseBGSqan6mSQxf64NxXYUA8_XcK1JMeJxFPc

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because he has minions to back him up.

I'm sure he'll revert to his cowardice ways just as soon as things start going south for him. :lol 

10. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really complaining about Starscream killing the Predacons, since I hated them. It does suck for people who are fans of those characters though. I'd be pissed too if my fave character was killed off screen :thumbdown 

• Like Like x 1
  11. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Team Bumblebee for the win!!! :D 

12. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We all know Starscream is gonna mess it up, matter of fact he already did, by talling Bumblebee his plan, what kinda stupid asshole would do that?

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also being Megatron obsessed. I mean he has an awesome ship and a crew the first thing he does create a plan with weapon minis just to take out Megatron. Really does Starscream ever going realize he is better off without Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh he does, that's why he wants to power up and destroy Megatron, since he blamed him for abandoning him.

jD001

15. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically. I mean Starscream greatest accomplishments getting the Omega Lock pieces were without Megatron. Starscream is acting more like a spurn lover than a tyrant.

16. kittycatusername123

kittycatusername123 Well-Known Member

17. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poor Predacons :( 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

Plus, he got easily distracted by Bee and he is still egoistic shows he's still a dumbass from TFP. I swear he's gonna get his arse whooped by Megatron if Megs decides to show up. No one takes Starscream seriously. "I'm not afraid of you Starscream...you're no Megatron"

• Like Like x 1
  19. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
  20. kittycatusername123

kittycatusername123 Well-Known Member

Yeah I already created one^^^^^