Transformers - Robots In Disguise #12 Discussion Thread - Spoilers within

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Napalm, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No doubt it's a game changer, and it's all coming to a head, I hope.

Megatron turning up sparks yet another shoot first, ask questions later response from the lost little idiot in charge.

Prowls machinations (which purposely put him on the recovery table) coupled with the big guy showing up gives us directionless rioting 'Cons to whom Starscream turns in a blinder of a rallying call and promptly gets rebuffed. A shame, I know he's been playing games with Prowl but you'd have to to survive, and Starscream genuinely comes across as the one who can steer this ship to shore.

Metalhawk puts two and two together regarding the deaths and disappearances of the most proficient Decepticons and Autobots and winds up with Starscream. Again, gutted for Screamer who is genuinely hurt by this, but at least Wheeljack has his back due to his actions from issue 3 onwards. However..

Wheeljack smells a rat regarding Prowls disappearance from his CR chamber and runs into the (rather beefed up) man with the plan and I'm pretty sure those arm cannons are not just for decoration. That leads into issue 13's cover, yes? Oh dear..

Megatron honestly came across as a lost little lamb. What he represents/represented doesn't exist anymore, certainly not the thug element with the torches that are about to be extinguished anyway.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Back off, man. I'm a scientist. :lol 

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who's this beefed up man you speak of?

4. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prowl
    . He's definitely had his tits done.

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    ? Not quite following.

6. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    You will have to read the comic and see the last panel to understand.

7. Jetstream

Jetstream Autobot Seeker

I was really looking forward to this issue but found it disappointing and didn't live up to its full potential.

The discussion about the 'strategic' deaths and disappearances on both sides confused me, how could Metalhawk possibly think Starscream was behind it all? He wasn't involved in any of them unless there is some serious retconning or flashbacks later on. Metalhawk seemed to forget Prowl was behind all of the Decepticon losses.
    I really liked Starscream in this issue, is he genuine about keeping peace on Cybertron? I think he really is, although his chat with Megatron might undo all of that.
    What really annoyed me with this issue is the ending, so much potential lost in my opinion, Wheeljack could have found some dark secret in Prowls quarters, Prowls methods and morals have been getting ever darker, it would be nice to have some consequences of his actions rather than him getting away with everything. Instead Wheeljack is saved by a mystery character, I was really hoping it was Starscream coming to the aid of the one character who trusts him. When I saw who did save Wheeljack I rolled my eyes and sighed in disappointment, of course it would be Prowl, heaven forbid Prowl isn't the centre of something big. Prowl also in what looks like Apex Armour, so not only is he back and recovered in less than one issue but also upgraded. Arcee makes her mandatory appearance too, she'll no doubt kill the entire Decepticon mob single handed.

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Armor eh.

9. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Great issue. Just what is Megatron's current mental state? He said veeeery little, and looked pretty damn distressed when he tried calling out for Bumblebee.

Also, I really like how guys like Octane and Squawkbox aren't too interested in joining the other Cons in rioting. Nice to see some are happy with the way things are.

10. Nope

Nope board man gets paid

News Credits:
    Can someone tell me what happens to Needlenose and Dirge (if Dirge appears, of course)? I'd like to know before I pick this up.

11. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Dirge doesn't appear, but Needlenose joins the mob of Decepticons storming through Iacon. It's worth noting that his heart doesn't seem to be in it, though--he's just going along with it.

12. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only complaint is that I wish more happened. The next couple issues really need to start explaining things and wrapping up some plot points. The book has been out a year and hasn't had much in the way of resolution of major plots.

13. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I think RID has bee fine in it's pacing. Now MTMTE, that book is starting to bore me. They cram a ton of stuff in it and then bounce around.

14. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I thought the book was starting to pick up after that low point with Pax and Bludgeon, but there are still waayyy too many '87-whenever Genericons in it for me. I guess all the known Autobots and Decepticons are being scrapped so Psychobot Prowl can become Prime.

15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

This sucks. My comic store had received their shipment of #12 damaged. No comic for me...

16. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The issue I bought had some of the pages stuck together on the very edge like it was bound while the ink was still wet. No ripping, though. I wonder how your shipment was damaged?

You know,
    with all the wall-crawling Arcee has been doing, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up becoming this universe's Blackarachnia.

17. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Boy, I think Metalhawk will say/do anything that just gets rid of anyone who ever wore a badge. he seem to have no motivation beyond 'Grr. Autobots/Decepticons BAAAD' and no plan beyond annoying and sabotaging anyone who ever was one that contributes anything to society.

18. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Transformers comic with Prowl as the main villain and Starscream a good guy? Completely sold. Megatron's return is being done way better than I was expecting, looks like things aren't going to be anything like as simple as 'Megatron's back, the war resumes'.

It's nice to see variety in the Decepticons' mindsets too, from Starscream actively trying to stop the violence, Needlenose just kind of going along with it, and Tankor and Sqawkbox hiding away from it. With this, and MTMTE's Scavengers, I'm really liking the way we're seeing that all Decepticons aren't violent psychopaths, and even having some being played sympathetically.

End of last issue, I was worried about the direction things might go. End of this issue? I eagerly await what happens next.

19. tull

tull Thrillhouse

Ebay:
    "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian"

Prowl is becoming that villian. And I'm interested.

Wheeljack will end up being the hero Iacon needs, but not the hero it deserves.

(And if he says no, then Sky-Byte better stand up then)

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure how I feel that role being filled by Prowl, but it's interesting to see him develop a sort of Sentinel Prime complex.