Transformers Robots In Diguise #19 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Calabask, Jul 3, 2013.

1. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

This issue was a total set-up issue. It suffers from the faults of such an issue. I like what this issue sets up, but overall I was disappointed with this issue.

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Why does the Titan have an Autobot badge?

I liked the art, had a sort of style I'd associate with something like Conan or something like that.

Also, what did Pax mean by 'Did none of you question where I was when you were wandering around?' Was that supposed to be when they arrived on Gorlam?

Poor Wheelie, another arm bites the dust.

3. RatTrap1985

Yea, that didn't make sense. It would've been nice to see him leave the group for a little bit.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Got it, missed it the first time, when he first says to Hardhead 'You lived here?' Hardhead replies 'Nice of you to finally join us, and when you put it like that...'

Makes more sense now that I've noticed that. I must admit to just skimming through a lot of RID these days. I don't pore over every frame like I do a certain other title.

5. RatTrap1985

Yea, I noticed that on the reread as well.

6. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
  7. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I thought it was okay, the art was good but distracting. I find it crazy and implausible that Waspinator could kill/control a Titan.... Unless he was 0.1%. Honestly while I like RID I feel like it's used to sell toys more so than MTMTE.

8. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

i don't think RID's quality comes from the need to sell toys, because that didn't happen until just recently. I think Barber just has a very brusque but unique style, and he's more concerned about the parts as a whole rather than individual parts. Roberts, on the other hand, writes with a certain casual finesse, and he manages to make the whole story fit together and make individual arcs be good as well

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    GAH, my local store's shipment arrived destroyed... need to wait till later in the week, or try elsewhere-but they know me there, will wonder why I wasnt there lol. DAMN

10. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Isn't it apparently the 'First Face' according to Alpha Trion? "the closest our race has to a universal symbol" -or something like that.

I wonder what's under Alpha's shroud?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  11. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this isn't the first time optimus pulled a shuttle out of his ass. he also did it in marvel tf issue 50

12. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    His face? We saw him without the cloth mask in the Ironhide miniseries. It's only recently that it's become something he inexplicably wears all the time.

13. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Perhaps he has the occasional case of scraplets on his lips? Its nicer than the prospect that he can't stand the smell of Optimus/ Pax. Subsequently he has to cover his nose from the stench 'till Pax Cybertronia.

14. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Okay issue.

I wish, knowing its a trap 'n' all, Prime would have a contingency for Monstructor. Last time: Omega Supreme was around, it was a surprise, it was a tight jam. Now, I'd like to see Optimus, sorry Orion who is still a supercop, researched and prepared, and tired of this gimmick - take down the beast with organization and preparation. The overlap of Titans and Shockwave ore is contrived but they are trying to wrap things up, which I understand.

The art was okay, I like the style but I wish the frame to frame consistency was better. The angles were fun, the colours were gorgeous but there was a lack of contrast and space to a lot of the pages. The Hardhead character model needed to be more rigorously defended. Waspinator was a blatent toy cameo... which is okay.... but odd in context to the great TF saga IDW is crafting. Titans are alergic to bee stings, that's all I got out of this. The Autobots need a big epi-pen and it'll all be okay.

15. Phantom84

Phantom84 Banned

I feel that a lot of you wouldn't be complaining about Waspinator's appearance in RiD if a Generations Waspinator wasn't announced. I don't mind Waspinator being shoehorned into the story because mostly all of the IDW characters are interchangeable. It could have been any Decepticon being questioned by Jhiaxus or hunted down by other Decepticons. Anybody could have played Waspinator's role and it wouldn't have taken away from the story.

16. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I agree, it could have been any Decepticon prone to intimidation, or having low courage.

17. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    kinda odd waspy is depicted as 10 times his own size

18. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Are you saying that it's odd that he isn't the same size as in the BW show? Because he has no reason to be in a G1 setting.

19. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    can we call beast wars G1?

20. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    regardless IDW g1 comics are a completely different continuity from g1/BW - so waspinator can be whatever size the creative team decided.

I thought this was a good issue - clearly a setup but if the dark cybertron is going to last 12 issues and span MTMTE AND RID its fine to have a thorough setup. so far so good in my books.

also- waspinator totally played Orion Pax, love it.

i think its the weapons the titan hunters are using that are effective against titans, not the bots themselves. waspinator just happened to be the one to land the killing blow in his flashback story, but i imagine all the titan hunters were similarily equipped.