Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark on 12GB PS3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by daniel 97, Jun 7, 2014.

1. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hi everyone:) ,
    I wanna know something! First I've gotta say I bought a 12 GB PS3 a few months ago cuz I wanted to play ROTF, but instead I decided to wait till RotDS comes out. What I want to know is: Is there any chance the game will be more than 10 GB? Apparently the 12 GB version isn't the most reliable and after installing all the system updates there's only 9.12 GB HDD space left and I know FOC requires 8,4 GB free space to install, so is there any chance this new game will be even bigger than FOC and if yes IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO PLAY IT WITHOUT INSTALLATION?

P.S.Does Fall of Cybertron require install?

2. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally think it should work, I don't know how much space rise of the dark spark will take up it could be a lot especially on the next gen (xb1,ps4) but I don't think it should be a lot on a ps3 or a 360. I don't remember fall of cybertron needing an install for that matter (I played it on xbox 360 so it may be different) and next gen games usually need to be installed.

You should be abel to play both games without install on current gen (ps3,360) as far as I know. They will use some space of course and rise of the dark spark could still require an install but I doubt it would be large.

I think the fall of cybertron install you are thinking of is optional. This install basically helps the game load faster, so missions and other stuff will load faster. It's not necessary and most games do this. So you should be fine for both

3. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Most disc-based PS3 games have a mandatory install that helps reduce loading times and whatnot whilst running the game from the disc.

The mandatory install sizes for WFC, DOTM and FOC are 5GB, 4GB and 2.1GB respectively, so assuming ROTDS is similar, you should be fine with a 12GB system.

The 8.4GB figure you've found is the space that would be required if you were to download a digital copy of FOC from PlayStation Store.

4. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you so much my friend! I hope you're right cuz I really want to play that game and after seeing the FOC on Playstation Store I thought it would be impossible to play it on the 12 GB version, so should I pre-order?

5. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The PS3 has a user upgradable HDD, so I'd just recommend popping in a larger drive. All you really need for the 12gb model is a mounting bracket which is only a couple of bucks and a 2.5" SATA which won't really break the bank either. That way you won't have to worry about running out of memory in the near future.