Transformers Rise of The Dark Spark multiplayer Petition

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by optimaldan, Jun 23, 2014.

1. optimaldan

optimaldan Active Member

I know they wont add anything to this game but this is to protect TF multiplayer as a whole just in case Activision don't think there is any money in it we need to prove that there is we need to show them how many people do play it because I don't think they realise.

2. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

Considering the game is a strict cash in, you and i both know that nothing more will be added to the game. The only thing we will probably get after release is the option to purchase the pre order characters. Also, adding such a big feature would require a lot of effort, time, and money. Sure GTA online was added later on, but only because it was originally promised from the get go AND rockstar has the budget for it. So i honestly believe you should not waste your time.

3. optimaldan

optimaldan Active Member

You are very rite but we know that it is already built in so not as much work is needed as first thought it is FOC but re skinned so the maps are there and the game modes even to customization they just need to unlock it and edit it yes its a lot of work and wont happen but may as well try it is what keeps me playing FOC and it is do able so whats the harm in at least trying to persuade them.

4. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

Just because they are using the same engine and the same framework doesn't necessarily mean that the multiplayer is already there and built in. Edge of reality took every safe route they could during development. Fall of cybertron's development cycle and Rise of the dark sparks development cycle are entirely different from one another. For one, FOC was handled by a developer with pure passion, where as ROTDS is rushed out the door to add a game to the movie's hype. Rise of the dark spark is just a filler. Just like the amazing spider man 2 game. The only reason i'm getting it, is because i get to experience fall of cybertrons gameplay on my xbox one. So, keep your expectations low. We won't get something magical and proper until high moon can get back on its feet. If they can ever return to their former glory that is.

5. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not really how it works dan, I know they're lazy but I doubt they would keep all the multiplayer data and not use it.

6. optimaldan

optimaldan Active Member

guys you dont fully understand what im trying to do here so there could be a reason why they didnt bother such as they dont thinkit is worth it FOC may have a descent online community but its not a patch on games such as battlefield or call of duty the 0roblem is that activision may not think theres money in TF multiplayer meaning that they may stop supporting servers for future games my idea is to let them know that there are plenty of people behind multiplayer more than they realise what i dont want is for the community to accept a TF game without and competative multiplayer because if we dont say or do anything about it they may continue without it sure ROTDS wont get multiplayer but at least they will know how much it is wanted for future games do you get what im saying now?

7. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Your intentions are good optimaldan, but wasted on this game.

As others have said this game was slapped together with hardly any new content and pushed out the door, there's no way in hell they will add a new game mode or anything else to it. It's done.

8. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good idea and intentions, I wouldn't mind multiplayer myself but although they are using the FOC game engine it doesn't necessarily mean all the content is there. They are importing older assets but I seriously doubt that they would import everything and then leave all that additional information on the final product unused.

When the game comes out and if it happens to magically have that content (and if it's there someone will find it), naturally people would/should complain but I doubt anything would be done anyway considering how much we've seen of the game from them (as official gameplay/trailers not the recently leaked game)

It is kinda a wasted opportunity too. Like the halo masterchief collection they could have had all maps from both WFC and FOC in multiplayer which would/could have sold the game for some people

Besides if high moon doesn't come back which I personally don't think will be for a while if not at all. Edge of reality or someone else may take over and make something better (shouldn't be too hard(meaning ROTDS)) and if it is edge of reality which seems most likely, it means they don't have to worry about fixing MP bugs, exploits, patches, balancing and etc for this game and spend more time on a better one.

9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Just because ROTDS re-uses some FOC assets doesn't mean the multiplayer assets are lurking somewhere on the disc waiting to be unlocked. That's a ridiculous notion.

And there's not really anything anyone can do about this. Nobody will take any notice of some tiny little petition, and if people don't buy ROTDS out of protest, Activision will just say 'oh, well, guess people don't buy Transformers games anymore'.

(Also, please try and use sentences.)

10. Dillatron

Dillatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just let it go.

11. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    The temptation to use a Frozen gif right now is really strong :redface2: 

But yeah nothing will come of a petition and as ComfyDeathshot said it's best to just let it go and in my opinion enjoy what you can in the game we're getting, which at least looks better than the DOTM game so far.

12. GaussGunner

GaussGunner Ukrainian Convoy

News Credits:
    Nope, Escalation and Co-op is enough.

13. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess people don't like to read, or only like to read what they want to hear. I understand what you're getting at, and I too believe the fans really need to let activision know that there are people who still enjoy multiplayer, and I agree that if something isn't said and that isn't brought to their attention, they may continue on without it for future games. Dunno about a petition but you certainly have the right idea. You just rarely see anything come out of a petition.

14. Dillatron

Dillatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the TF3 game, in my opinion this look's worse.

15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I hate to be a downer but Activision don't give a shit. 2007 movie, ROTF, and DOTM all had fully fleshed out games...but AoE has a half assed game that is half reused assets from FoC, and then reskinned stuff to go with AoE. Do you really think Activision really gives a damn about Transformers fans?

This game isn't CoD and it appears Activision really wants to push CoD pretty hard this year, considering there's going to be two whole console releases for the franchise.

16. Grim Muk

Grim Muk Sub-Tonal Thumper

Unfortunately I think this is bang on the money. They lucked out with High Moon, the Cybertron games were full of nods to fans, a game made by, and for the fans. I don't think Activision counted on any major success that would warrant a sequel let alone a third in an ever improving series. Which is surprising given the COD production-line mentality.

Hopefully with the sheer blind-buying of the next thrilling installment of 'COD-Clancy-FIFA-Field XXXVII'("Must .. buy .. same .. game .. every .. year" [/ZOMBIE-DRONE]), there will be a possibility of some of the profits going towards funding a third Cybertron Game ... I mean, it's not as if the previous two games didn't make money, and the multiplayer is still going strong for FoC ... think I might go for a few rounds of escalation right now! :rock 

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    First, internet petitions rarely, if ever, work. Unless it's paid disc-locked content (which would be absolute bullshit), I doubt PVP multi is just sitting there waiting to be unlocked or something.

Second, Activision couldn't care less about Transformers games. They don't make enough money for them to care. WFC and FOC sold "just enough", and FOC had a lower budget than WFC. IIRC, the reason more DLC wasn't made for DOTM was because it wouldn't have been profitable.

It was pretty clear that all of the ridiculous DLC nonsense they peddled in FOC was just a cheap, desperate cash-grab.

There was no effort put into this game, because they didn't want to invest in it. High Moon is almost definitely not coming back, so unless they switch devs (or pubs), I kinda feel like TF games may fizzle out after this.

You have good intentions OP, but... unfortunately I don't think it's gonna pan out the way you're hoping.

18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Remember when someone tried to petition for Bay to change the ending of DOTM?

Remember when people petitioned to make DLC free on FOC?

Remember when it worked?

It didn't.