TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by xd Accrocate, Jun 22, 2021.

1. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah well if he said so, it must be true.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

What situation?

Genuinely asking cause I have no idea.

3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He have the Jazz alt-mode.

Make some fans pull a non-happy even though no one's seen bot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minibots

Minibots Well-Known Member

Eh. I think the complaints about Mirage’s alt mode are being blown out of proportion and aren’t much of a red flag about the quality of the film. It’s not that big of a deal.

But the whole Lorenzo crap is quite ridiculous and does have me worried. It’s too early to say what the quality of the film will be, but I’m definitely not hyped. Going into this with caution.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm actually pretty scared. But there are some positive signs I can see already:

- The director is a TF fan, just Like Travis Knight.

- For the first time, it seems like other character(s) will have the spotlight other than Bee. (Jazz....I mean Mirage & Prime)

- They promised to focus on the characters.

- They also promised this film will have hearth & Action as well.

6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I'm excited, but I honestly don't know. This could continue the lessons from Bumblebee OR they could be complete idiots, learn nothing about the importance of characters and heart, and try to replicate the Micheal Bay movies.

Essentially the director gets me excited. The producer makes me terrified.

I'll vote after I see the first trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I'd like it to be good, but I'm already seeing warning signs. The trailers might make a difference.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    Worried, not going to sugarcoat it.

• Five factions. Bay could barely grasp two factions. This screams clusterfuck.
    • Five factions means five factions' worth of characters. How many of them will get a half-decent attempt at being properly developed? Bumblebee, Optimus, Primal, Scourge, and maybe one other.
    If it is better than ROTF, AOE, and especially TLK, I will walk out a happy moviegoer. Anyone going into a Transformers movie expecting any Oscar nominations is a clown. That said, I’m entitled to not feeling lobotomized after watching a film

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Maybe, but trailers also can be misleading.

TLK? Isn't like 90% of the Prime/Bumblebee fight in the trailers?

To say nothing about the Snake Eyes trailers. The scene of him actually in the iconic outfit is the both the only time it's seen and is at the very end of the movie from what reviews have been reporting, and one trailer I just saw on Youtube promoted how critics were raving about the film...all three cited review quotes all came from one source; Screen Rant.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Why would he lie about that lmao? It’s not that serious

11. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't you know?
    If you work in Hollywood that means you can't be a fan of any preestablished property you're working
    Duh

12. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I'm going in with VERY LOW expectations. Hopefully, it's better than AOE or TLK... I'm not expecting Bumblebee tier work with this one, given the amount of content they are trying to cram in. Five different factions seem like way too much to attempt for a single fim.

13. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Itll probably be a 4/10 movie, but an 8/10 on the entertainment scale.

14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have so-so expectations for it. I don't think it will be like TLK in terms of incoherence or box-office disaster, but I do worry about it having some of the same problems. I'm concerned that they've possibly merged two scripts into one (meaning it could end up being stuffed with too many ideas). I'm concerned that they're still trying to play both sides in terms of continuity, and don't seem to be committing to a hard reboot or a full prequel.

I agree. The Mirage thing is being blown way out of proportion, and shouldn't even be a concern.

• Like Like x 9
  15. waniel239

waniel239 Monitor of the 15th Galactic Convergence

The "definitive take on Transformers that many of us have been waiting for" does not and will not ever exist. There's too many to please and not enough who will accept necessary compromise.

• Like Like x 12
  16. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To paint the picture that he cares about the source material, lots of media does this type of thing of making it seem like the people making the new version of something are lifelong fans because it looks good and makes it seem like the thing is being made with people with a passion for the property at the helm, even when there is zero evidence to back that claim up most of the time. It's just a marketing tactic, not a sign of quality. Maybe he is genuinely a fan, but I'd need to see some more proof because I'm not taking him at his word, words are cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

I have no high standards and no low standards. Rise of the Beasts can either revive the film series or it can be so bad, that we won't see a new Transformers film for 5-10 years as Hasbro and Paramount would grow hesitant to continue the series. I'm cautiously optimistic, and I just hope it's good.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Well, that's probably what they thought too and that's why they seem to attempt to throw more random things together into a movie than ever before. Maybe there will be something for everyone?

But, come on, you know what I mean by definitive take. The classic myth of the alien race of transforming robots crash-landing down on earth with the ark, 4 million years ago, waking up, assuming disguises as earth vehicles and mechanical objects. A classic roster of characters in their most recognisable forms, acting like themselves. A somewhat particular tone and feel, somewhere between adventurous camp, space opera and war drama. If Marvel material has "definitive takes", despite running for more than half a century across media, then so damn well does Transformers. I think that, even if someone's favourite corner of the franchise is Transformers GO! for example, they'd still be able to recognise what the actual basics are, and how far removed their favourite might be from them.

Let's not kid ourselves. If you exclude the Unicron Trilogy and the movies up until now, Transformers does have some fundamentals across 40 years of storytelling, across media, that are yet to show up in a movie (the first movie kinda came close, but botched a ton of important parts of the myth). Contrary to popular excuses around here, nameslapping and constant disregard for the lore and identity of the franchise are neither healthy traits, nor any form of progress and also not as common practice as many claim it to be, even for Transformers. I think it would be good to have at least one mainstream movie that lays down the basics, before assuming everyone's familiar already, instead of constantly swinging for the fences or trying to take a post-modern/experimental angle on material that mainstream audiences aren't extremely familiar with, like most of us here are.

• Like Like x 5
  19. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    This right here! It has always bugged me when people say that Transformers can't have the same kind of success at adapting for the casuals. Even Marvel has a whole ton of different universes in the comics, with a diversity approaching that of Transformers, and the movies chose what represents the stories and the characters the best to present to the world. All it takes is having the right people on board, which yea, is next to impossible as long as we're stuck with the current people in charge. But it shouldn't be called the unreachable goal so many think it is.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    To play the dreaded Devil's Advocate: If we were given no information on who will be in this film and we were shown this vehicle, most fans would assume it was Jazz because that would be a logical assumption to make, similar to those (like myself) who assumed the "Blitzwing" shit in Bumblebee was just an attempt to hide Starscream's identity. I'm sure most of us would have been comfortable assuming it was Jazz because that makes the most sense, they could've given Mirage any number of blue + white fast cars from the 80s + 90s, they didn't NEED to make him an F-1 racer.

On the surface it looks like an incredibly rookie mistake, it would be like if they have a white and red ambulance Autobot and claim it's Wheeljack, or a giant mechanical T-rex named Jetfire, it just doesn't make sense. And really, is there any good reason why it isn't Jazz? I don't think there is. :lol  It would be just as reasonable to assume the big red and blue truck is Optimus, the big gorilla is Primal and etc. You can keep saying "he was only a Porsche one time tho!" until you're blue in the face but that doesn't change the fact that most fans associate a white Porsche with a blue stripe with one character, and it ain't Mirage.

I'm sure not everyone would have assumed the most logical choice, but it'd be the equivalent of someone showing you an outline of a Squirtle and you respond with "IT'S PIKACHU~!" and somehow being correct.

For the record from what I've seen it was often fans of the Bay films blowing this out of proportion moreso than anyone else, because I think the more the films diverge from what the Bay films were the saltier they'll become, unfortunately.

It's not an issue that will break the film, but it's something to take note of as it might signify they're repeating past mistakes. That doesn't mean all these people who have this one issue aren't still looking forward to how the film turns out and are willing to give it a chance, I really wish the whole black and white mentality around here wasn't so common.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5