Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by xd Accrocate, Jun 22, 2021.
Predacons to form Predaking and Terrorcons to form Abominus.
1. a great soundtrack, Vince DiCola would be a nice choice and is plausible. shiro sagisu would be a dream come true but i don't think that'll happen
2. good cinematography, I feel like it's an important thing that separates a good film from a great one
3. a scene where scourge actually removes a faction symbol from someone he kills and not just part of his bio, and it better be an actual character and not some no name seeker or something
4. bumblebee being voiced by Dylan O'Brien again, they can keep the part where he plays music form his radio but i think they need an actual voice.
5. designs maintain bumblebee aesthetic, to be clear about what i mean about this it seems travis knight played an important role in the character designs in bumblebee so with someone else directing i worry they might be updated in ways that lose what made the bumblebee designs good
6. mutant masks that the bw characters activate when in battles
7. good writing, i felt it was the weakest part of bumblebee and it's something i'm really nervous about rotb. joby harold is a mediocre writer so choosing him as the screenplay writer is concerning however i guess they're now working with 2 writers who worked on "bmf" which isn't even out yet so it's hard to tell how it'll pan out
1-A transformers battle scene, without human.
2-I want to see some of the villains survive.
4-Cameo of Megatron G1 style and Charlie.
5-Russell Crowe ( the voice of Scourge)
I definitely liked the things I've seen so far:
*Main villain (I didn't wanna see megatron again)
Good balance of character focus.
Decent music and cinematography.
Well-done continuity and world-building.
Bee's voice to be fixed mid-film or at least near the end.
Varied heights and scales corresponding to their alt modes.
Perhaps an after-credits scene hinting at a greater universe, not just about Transformers.
I just wanted a back to basics Decepticons Vs Autobots storyline with Megatron and Optimus in a rebooted universe but now we're getting 3 new factions out of nowhere with no real build up. Like how does Bumblebee lead into those 3 factions showing up?
The fact they're not even sure if this is a reboot or part of the Bayverse makes me worried. They should have a years long plan, not WWE style writing.
You do realize Sideswipe's feet are the wheels, right? That's not transforming. Animated Bumblebee does the same thing in Animated because of where the wheels are located on his robot mode heels.
And I'm also noticing that nobody is mentioning any examples from the latter two films. Can't say I'm surprised given how unimportant transformation ended up being treated, almost like it was an observable trend or something.
That's not really "vehicular combat." He just used it to get distance. They should be doing that kind of stuff all the time. Hell, they did it twice in the Bumblebee movie and that only had three fight scenes. (Dropkick rolling into car mode and using it to ramp into the air and into helicopter mode was the coolest transformation of all six films)
That's not vehicular combat, though, because he's in robot mode the whole time.
That wasn't combat, that was just him flipping a few cars before the real fight started.
That's not vehicular combat at all, they were all in robot mode the whole fight.
i think you and them are using 2 different definitions for "vehicular combat" one being combat in vehicle mode vs combat that utilizes elements from their vehicle modes
Lorenzo di Bonaventura whimsically shot out of a cannon into the sea.
And in this context, since it was my comment that originated this whole chain, it's using transformation itself as a tool in combat.
It really is kind of bad when utilizing kibble in robot mode is somehow seen as the same as full transformation, or Bonecrusher's gimmicky minesweeper arm going Diesel 10 on a few cars is even considered combat.
I still feel like that wouldn't fit "vehicular combat."
No, I mean robot wise. Maybe a tank or an alien Jet.
i agree im just pointing at that your talking past each other
Agreed on both counts. I want that deep growl with a G1 looking Megatron in robot node.
Nightbird and scourge to be actual characters with a good amount of screen time and a memorable action scene, I'm fine with them both dying as long as they tick those boxes.
Mirage and Arcee to take the spotlight and have bumblebee pushed into the background to an extent.
The predacons to be a threat instead of ineffective comedic reliefs like the show
A glimpse of unicron in his g1 glory at the end
most likely that or we get another scene on Cybertron either showing Prime escape, a flashback, or just a scene at the end with the Decepticons from BB (Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, and maybe Megatron probably not) maybe learning of the Autobots presence on Earth and possibly as a post-credit scene.
Ok so Barricade would be the other survivor but manages to bail in time. Everything now looking good so far in representation. 4 factions to go.
*Pillar men theme plays*
The human characters dying within the first five seconds of the film.
While Optimus will take on a slightly different lorry mode to keep up appearances, I'm kinda hoping he still has that combat deck trailer to use as a mobile base with stored weaponry, and/or maybe to use as extra bit of armour like the Apex armour.
Separate names with a comma.