TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by xd Accrocate, Jun 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Fjall

Fjall Well-Known Member

Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    ew, clickbait. literally just potp clips labeled as rise of the beasts news lol

4. CorePrime

CorePrime Well-Known Member

But it's not. Thumbnail literal says "HOW" they would sound together in a scene.

• Like Like x 5
  5. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

I won't call it a big scale TF movie until a trailer drops. This could still be a movie about preventing the Decepticons from discovering the Earth. I think that expectation is from how the Bay films kept overusing the whole clusterfuck "end of the world" type of setting in the wrong hands.

6. Lord Person

Lord Person housequake!

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't get the idea that this is gonna be an "extinction-level event" or a "hostile-takeover of Earth" kind of movie. I think the whole crux of this being a "Big-Scale TF Film" is based on the mere fact of their being more Transformers in this than there were in Bumblebee, and there being more set pieces as well

I see a lot of the worry is centered around that there is gonna be too much going on in this film, too many characters, too much plot, which isn't completely irrational given previous installments, but I do think part of it is because of the initial Press Event/Announcement being sort of a all-over-the-place info dump.

Realistically I see this movie being Autobots and Maximals teaming up to face off against the Terrorcons, with Predacons showing us in the 3rd act as minor secondary fodder, and the Decepticons getting at best a small cameo appearance.

What I get from everything so far is that they want this movie to be Revenge of the Fallen meets Bumblebee: A Character-driven Globetrotting Adventure type of affair, and I guess in my head I don't see that as an entirely impossible feet to pull off.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I actually really like Perlman's voice in this one. It's not too old, and not too young. I especially like how "not tired" he sounds. Optimus, on the other hand... why did they filter Peter Cullen's voice? I hope they keep the voicework from previous movies, because Optimus sounded much better in them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Movie's Director and Producer both said this was a big scale and spectacle epic movie in the reveal event. Plus we know its a 200 million budget movie, which is in line with the budget given for the other big movies.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Was that producer Lorenzo?

• Like Like x 1
  10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it was at the digital event, Lorenzo specifically said that with this movie they're trying to achieve a big spectacle movie akin to the Bay movies while at the same time trying to keep the character and heart focus that the Bumblebee movie did, trying to do a middle point between the two approaches. Steve Capler added to that saying that it is not that they are specifically trying to beat Bay at his game or beat Travis at his game but more than if you're gonna do a movie in a franchise you're naturally gonna want to look at what people liked from previous films and try to deliver more of that.

Which, in my opinion, is a good idea, I did feel like the Bee movie lacked in blood pumping action, so hopefully they can manage it.

• Like Like x 7
  11. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are going to have a difficult time making back that money if the previous 2 are any indication. But am looking forward to the ILM version of Rattrap getting punted by a truck robot.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The fact it was Lorenzo is more than enough for me to completely dismiss the claim entirely. The man will spout anything he thinks will get people to see the film.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Lorenzo said it, so it's a lie, even though the director said it too and the movie has the same budget as all of the big spectacle films ones and we know for fact they're going to Machu Pichu for no reason featuring a clusterfuck script that came from the bowels of the Writer's Room" strikes me as a very silly and very doomed-to-be-wrong position.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

My Video BTW... not clickbait, title & thumbnail are clear what it is.

The majority of people who've watched the video seem to enjoy seeing the clips and understood what the purpose of the video is. You're the first person that I know of, who clicked on it thinking it would be something else...

• Like Like x 5
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Best case scenario: Burnout is pleasantly surprised at a film with higher quality than he thought
    Worst case: Burnout is right and isn't losing sleep over high expectations that werent met

• Like Like x 1
  16. Delzord

Why does everyone think they went for Scourge as the Terrorcon leader instead of Hun-Gurrr?

17. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

If they did their homework and looked beyond G1, I like to think some reference was taken from RID 2001 Scourge since that show had some Decepticon and Predacon duo.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably due to the whole Unicron connection.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Delzord

I see the RID version brought up a lot, definitely not the vibe I got from the Rise Of The Beasts Scourge.

Feel like he is really a completely new take on the character. In terms of design, If similar to anything it would be a combo of the G1 and Cybertron Unicron Trilogy Scourge.

20. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID Scourge comes up because of the alt-mode.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.