TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by xd Accrocate, Jun 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's a good looking vehicle, but I'd rather see the robot mode before singing any praises. A pretty car with isn't worth much if the robot mode doesn't look good to me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I’m surprised they never used Bluestreak

3. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the chances that Ironhide will be in the movie ?

I mean the director did say it was his favorite character.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would be nice, but I feel like low. I'm sure there's an Autobot or two we don't know about yet, but based on the character description of Rhinox, Ironhide may be a bit redundant right now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Benzene Prime

Benzene Prime Wanted for mayonnaise abuse

So is Scourge gonna be a truck or a beast?

6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Given how apparently according to descriptions he has smokestacks on his body, I think it's a safe bet that he'll be some kind of truck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a triple-changer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some sites have reported that the Terrorcons are "reptilean", but that seems to have been people mishearing, there are more reports of the PREDACONS being a reptile-theme. It looks like Terrorcons all transform into normal vehicles but apparently have spikier, "Bay-ish" robot modes.

9. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    My hope is he will atleast show up. I don't know if they're going to go for epic or episodic in this movie but I feel like episodic would probably work out better, i.e. the movie feels like an episode of a larger story. But in the case of episodic case I can see a situation where Optimus Prime and the Autobots for this movie are leaving to go to Peru and Ironhide comes out right before they leave saying something like "Optimus I should tag along to watch your back" and Optimus politely declines his offer.

Counterpoint to that I can see a situation where Ironhide is in the movie with a bigger role. I don't see why he wouldn't be. His existence does not contradict any universe. He was seen in Bumblebee. The director has called him out by name. And you already have his voice actor (Peter Cullen).

Quite frankly it makes more sense to have Ironhide in the movie then not in the movie. Not only because of his status as a key player in both the Bay universe and the G1 universe, but also he doesn't have to be a main focus. He could have a cameo. While I would prefer him to be a major character in the movie I would gladly settle for a nice cameo with Peter Colin reprising his voice for the first time in 30 plus years.

The only situation that would leave a bad taste in my mouth would be him not showing up for being mentioned at all. Ironhide, ratchet, and Jazz no matter how you look at it all exists in both the Michael Bay universe and the G1 universe. If you don't want to alienate Michael Bay fans? great have those characters show up. If you don't want to alienate Generation 1 fans? Great have those character show up. It seems pretty obvious to me. And if you want to get Beast Wars fans excited have Ironhide show up and get into a fight with Rhinox to some epic stalemate.

10. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m pretty sure that Ironhide was Lorenzo’s favorite character and Steven caple jr said that his favorite character hasn’t been revealed yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently the toy line for the movie leaked ironhide still doesn't confirm if he is in it 100 percent but it's something

12. mn_128875

News Credits:
    But I’m pretty sure that @SilverOptimus confirmed that was fake.

13. snokoan

News Credits:
    Where and what thread did he say this

14. mn_128875

News Credits:
    In the “Rise of the beasts officially announced thread”

84BDEC46-D625-4B46-8E43-D136FCB4C1D5.jpeg 013016DD-DD29-4FFC-9E9D-72C9AD20AB63.jpeg

15. snokoan

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. waniel239

waniel239 Monitor of the 15th Galactic Convergence

To add to what 96megatron said, what I gather from the motivations of the Decepticons as shown throughout the movies is that their core belief is the supremacy of Cybertron and its people above all else, to the point of either cruelly ruling over as much territory as possible, and/or sacrificing any life they deem unworthy of living. This would line up well with Optimus's line from DOTM's opening narration, "Then came the war between the Autobots who fought for freedom, and the Decepticons who dreamt of tyranny". Given that Sentinel was the one who taught Optimus the ideology "freedom is the right of all sentient beings", I don't think his god-complex developed until the war became so terrible for Cybertron and its people that he became desperate in seeking a solution to the conflict and consequential crisis. Ultimately, I'd say the Decepticons value all non-Cybertronian life too little for the Autobots, and the Autobots value life too much for the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah but that's not an overarching belief system. It's a component, but not a belief system. In Bumblebee you get hints in dialogue of fascist tactics with some form of collectivism in there too.

I don't expect the complexities of the comic books, but it would have been nice to have some idea of what they believe in.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I don't really think the films ever bothered going that deep, especially not when you have the first movie where Ironhide straight up primes his guns and asks to kill Mojo, deeming him a rodent infestation after getting pissed on. Despite what he claimed, it was a rather quick escalation, and in the supplemental side material like the video games, it's heavily implied Ironhide's done far worse like be responsible for a planet blowing up.

And it just continuously goes downhill from there.

• Like Like x 6
  19. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

And don’t forget Ratchet egging him on when he asks Prime to kill Sam’s parents. Feels like some autobots don’t really value life in some circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ah, back when psychotic Autobots were treated as a joke and earned reprimand from Optimus because, y'know, they weren't supposed to act that way.

Fast forward to AOE "I've been itchin' to kill somethin'" Hound and "I hope everyone kills each other so I can take over" Crosshairs...

• Like Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.