Transformers Rise of the Beasts Wheeljack & Nightbird figure

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by zark225, Dec 12, 2022.

1. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

YOOOO PROTO, WHADDUP? I had no idea you were on the fourms.

2. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

what?

3. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    So in the interest of injecting some kind of positivity and constructive-ness into the conversation, here's a cool design by Hughtail_Creations that would be pretty great if a 3rd party company could make something similar as a replacement head for this figure regardless of wether he actually gets a battle mode like this(and I hope tp Primus he does!)
    credit-to-hightail-creations-on-instagram-for-this-concept-v0-naizcxpjrv5a1.jpg

There's still the matter of the freakin' suspenders and how to make those somehow not completely stupid and the best thing I could come up with is perhaps since he's a TV repair van, maybe they're power cables that he can unhook from his belt and "jack"(get it?) Into different machines and tech in order to hack it or something. It's honestly probably way more thought than Paramount actually put into the design but it's an idea at least.

Regardless, this shit needs to be addressed in the next trailer or something. Given how different the regular mainline deluxe Airazor is from her SS look, I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope Wheeljack looks significantly better in his final form/SS figure.

• Like Like x 8
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Fix for the suspenders would be adding clip on gadgets to go over them. Turns them into straps.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Suspender is fine I think we all can overlook it and just think of it as bot design, as stupid as it is.

The head though, I mean, if it's not named "Wheeljack"... I think this WeakJack will be fine, esp that the alt mode is very unique.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still hope the studio series Wheeljack is better than this one. Just look at Airazor figures.
    upload_2022-12-17_12-50-20.png

• Like Like x 4
  7. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The regular mainline Airazor looks better than the SS one to me (besides the articulation). I think bird mode seems to be more accurate on the mainline figure too when comparing to the trailer.

• Like Like x 6
  8. RATCHET 208

RATCHET 208 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, I like the deluxe Airazor a lot more than the ss one. I don't think there's going to be a major difference between the deluxe "Toy" Wheeljack and the ss one, tho I hope the studio series one has a liscenced alt mode.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    But that’s a case where the regular retail release is superior. Novel transformation, clean head sculpt, and it’s actually a unique mold rather than a Kingdom re-skin.*

If Airazor your example, SS Wheeljack is likely to be an ER Ironhide re-skin. ;) 

*IMO. This post brought to you in mild jest.

• Like Like x 4
  10. DragonWarriorAdrian

DragonWarriorAdrian Banned

I have a feeling the SS one will look the same but without the thick lips.

11. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    From day 1 back in 2001 Transfandom/TFW2005 merger days, the great server loss of 2005 and beyond. It's why I have the Veteran badge.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like you are working overtime to find an excuse, where there is none.

All signs point to Bay and Lorenzo being in the driver seat.

Primes face
    Primes gun
    Primes sword

Destroy the design of a popular characters and make them a stereo type

Tying it back to the Bayverse
    - Avoiding Megatron
    - Avoiding Jazz

These are all Bay decision for sure.
    What is left for Cable to direct?, has he ever directed big robot scenes?, there's very few people in this movie.... and Bay was seen on location filming. I don't think Cable is in the driver's seat anymore despite the words on the screen.

back

• Like Like x 5
  13. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

U can say the same thing about Travis knight at least cable cares about Peter Cullen unlike knight who treated him like crap

14. ProfessionalIcee

ProfessionalIcee I have a fear of places so I want to change shape.

Please, someone else enlighten me about this topic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Elton Jon-tron, shut up and take my money. Man, that would be 10x than this whole Wheeljack fiasco

• Like Like x 4
  16. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    look i don't understand why travis knight's movie could make the transformers more g1y and have that be his decision, but caple jr's movie make the transformers a little more 2007y and that can't be his decision

a director's not allowed to have nostalgia for or at least see value in 2007 movie prime? All proG1 choices are pure but all pro'07 choices are cynical?

• Like Like x 3
  17. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Prob because the direction to be more G1 was hastily taken after the result of TLK bomb? IIRC, even the Cybertron scene itself was added after TLK bombed, so they removed "Transformers" from Bumblebee's title, let Knight basically do whatever he want, and only release the movie because it'll be greater loss to not release it?

(and people like the direction Knight took)

Compared to this one, which going back to random nameslap (Like, the Soyjack name for the nerd bot) and the carricature stereotyping (a wrong stereotype at that, even), etc?

I don't think the 2007 choices in itself are cynical, but it's the "bad" choice that we keep seeing that make people cynical.

What?

• Like Like x 3
  18. Barricade34

Barricade34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jon Bailey did Optimus Prime’s VA work while they brought in Peter Cullen at last minute to voiceover all of it, Cullen has spoken about it before specifically the fact if you notice primes speaking expressions are so delayed compared to the voice work, highlighting Bailey was too fast with his words as prime and didn’t do the character much justice as Peter did, the fact alone a mainstay of the franchise from day 1 was brought on last minute in post says it all
    Edit: I have nothing against Travis nor the bumblebee film, I enjoyed it greatly for the sole fact it brought characterization to the most boring aspect of previous films, the humans and yes I suppose the G1 fans had their time to shine with the designs which ROTB completely ignores aside from Optimus. I firmly believe Paramount chose Steven Caple Jr for the sole reason he’s only directed one actual film and was easily guided through it via paramount executives who wanted to keep the bayverse going apparently? The signs are all there clear as day down to the designs which if we’re honest. Who would’ve expected wheeljack to even be done Justice if the only time he’s every given an accurate design is for just .2 seconds at the very beginning of a movie meant to be a reboot that paramount is just trying to tie into the bayverse based on plot leaks, and rumors.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Cullen, but his voice isn't the same as what I remember as a kid; I'd rather have a new voice and all of the core autobots respected in character and appearance than Cullen be catered to, while Wheeljack gets into suspenders and bifocals....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I dunno, I think it's very cynical to have a film series reboot after 10 years, and then the very next movie which is supposed to be a direct sequel is already altering things to make them look more like the Bayverse. It doesn't exactly scream confidence or commitment to a "new storytelling universe", and I don't doubt that the only reason Optimus and Arcee still have a G1 look to them is because of the Bumblebee movie models. Everyone else looks like they could have come from The Last Knight, with even Optimus Primal being an overhaul of a scrapped Bayverse design.

A lot of the design choices for ROTB feel inconsistent. Like Wheeljack getting turned into RoboUrkel, but Bumblebee is the 70's Camaro yet again, almost certainly still using the radio talk gimmick, really nothing different from Bayverse except a more aesthetically pleasant robot mode. I don't even dislike ROTB Bumblebee per se, but how come the "everything needs to be different because different" never applies to him? How come he doesn't get a new look for what's supposed to be a new continuity?

• Like Like x 9