Transformers Rise of the Beasts Wheeljack & Nightbird figure

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by zark225, Dec 12, 2022.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Okay, and also plenty of characters have shown up with completely brand new designs. Not the least of which were Ironhide, Ratchet, Drift, Hound, etc throughout the Bayverse. Wheeljack is no different. Hell, even Bumblebee was completely redesigned heading in to the first movies. The only character who's really retained any of his original look was Prime and that was mostly for 2007 and then the Bee movie while the films between them drifted further and further away.

Again, it's one thing to not like the design for what it is...but couching it in IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WHEELJACK! as if that's anything new to Bayverse is lazy posting. You are trying to claim some kind of objective truth to your argument where there is none.

2. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    I... don't see how that makes sense as a comparison.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because they still look like the intended characters. Primal is still obviously designed like Primal even if he is given creative liberty. I just wish his robot mode had some color. Wheeljack doesn't look like any previous incarnation of himself. He's just some random guy. You seem to think folks are mad because they don't look 1:1 to the source material. That's not even true. Folks are mad since it retains no resemblance to any of the previous incarnations of the character (especially his look in the Bumblebee movie considering this is supposed be a freaking sequel). If I saw ROTB Primal's design without telling me who it was, I would confidently say that was Primal. I would not be able to do that with Wheeljack or even come close to guessing he was Wheeljack. And simply put, this design is also ugly as fuck.

Okay? I like how you think mistakes of the past seem to justify this mistake too.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  4. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

i want them to double down

give every one wheeljack's head

glasses for everyone :lol 

5. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Imagine not being able to understand the basic concept of design consistency like my god.

• Like Like x 8
  6. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    You don't see how BW fans not throwing the same kind of fit about new designs as the G1 fans mad about Wheeljack is comparable?

Because that's the case. Because the people who entered the fandom via BW are already used to the idea that characters with the same name throughout the franchise can look drastically different. Prowl is a great example, as he's been a police car, a lion, an owl, and a motorcycle....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    And then theres this :oops: 
    Screenshot_20221215-122851_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    "Consistency..."

[​IMG]

Someone early claimed it's not the same because he's still a "big grey bad guy" as if that doesn't describe pretty much every live action Decepticon until Shatter and Dropkick.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Megatron may have changed his face a few times, but he never became a silly caricature of himself.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah are you fucking blind. All 3 of Megatron's first designs share design elements, while Galvatron has a history of being a "brand new look" and was built by humans rather than Megatron scanning a new form and TLK Megatron is both one of the films many continuity issues Quentessa giving him a new body.

That had to be one of the worst fucking examples you could have chosen. Wheeljack shares nothing in common with his BBM design, while Megatron if you want just 1 example has extremely similar heads from 07-DOTM and never devolved to a stupid stereotype.

You also for some reason to subscribe to the notion based on what you tried to show that something done poorly or bad before justifies it forever after.

• Like Like x 16
  11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The first 3 are fairly consistent with one another. The 4th one doesn't even count. :rolleyes:  And the 5th one is a result of going from the 4th one to the 5th one who have an entirely different name from one another. Quintessa was deemed the "Prime of life" so her having the ability to completely reformat a character isn't out of the question.

• Like Like x 1
  12. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This doesn’t support your point though. There are explanations for the change in design for all of these Megatrons except for the jump from 4-5. And from 1-3 many design elements were kept between the Megatrons even though there were changes to alt mode and the like. You could still tell it was Megatron.

Wheeljack in ROTB is the exact opposite. Nothing about his ROTB appearance remotely resembles his prior appearance in this storyline that began with Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 5
  13. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    This does remind me of the fact that Blackarachnia was allegedly modelled after an exotic dancer lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    And you're absolutely certain there won't be an explanation for wheeljacks redesign? Because we literally have a back shot in one scene of the trailer and nothing else

• Like Like x 5
  15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    "There are explanations..."

Right, like they're robots who can change their forms. Similar to how Arcee goes from being the same height as the rest of the Autobots to being a tiny ass motorcycle chick. Also, Megatron's jump from 4-5 that you casually write off is funny because nobody complained about the sudden unexplained redesign because they liked it.

So, again, it's fine to not like the design. But to act like it's a matter of fact and anybody who likes it is some kind of Hasbro shill is hilarious and has no basis in anything other than personal opinion.

I didn't think it was alleged anymore. And even if it's not a specific dancer it's still pretty obvious someone was in their feelings when they modeled her.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

there is that scene in the trailer where arcee is leaning out of his altmode and firing a gun but that it about it so far on wheeljack.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tbh each version does look like Megatron. But I would say the first three designs are the most consistent in appearance. Same (or similar) head sculpt and body proportions. Even then, all Megatrons in the films had an ogre/devil oni face which made each version recognisable as Bayverse Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    Actually yeah, wtf was the explanation for galvatron becoming megatron again
    confused-no.gif

Anyways I doubt there'd be this much of a kerfuffle if it was the opposite way around. If wheeljack's 2 second BBM cameo had this ROTB design, and the new movie used the G1 design, I doubt many would be talking about consistency.

• Like Like x 6
  19. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Well I can just hope his personality will be like Wheeljack at least.

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    The last two look like Megatron because we knew ahead of time they were Megatron. You could probably guess the last one is Megatron because of the fusion cannon on his arm but then if that's the concern then it's very likely this guy will end up having glasses that flip open to form his "iconic" ears.

Looking at the design, this seems more like AoE Hound in that he's got the name but his design is somebody else (AoE Hound felt like Kup in Bulkhead's body). I go back to him reminding me of RB Medix: Smart, but socially awkward.

So more Dexter's Lab:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2