Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Set Photos - Possible First Look at Mirage Porsche Alt Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jul 8, 2021.

1. superhomme

superhomme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, i was so next to it when I took the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

God this place is a shitshow.

Mirage's alt mode looks cool, look forwards to seeing the robot mode, though I'm admittingly less interested in seeing the autobots when compared to literally everything else in this movie. Show me some Terrorcons/Predacons/Maximals/Decepticons

• Like Like x 4
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If giving a character a new alt-mode that happens to be the same alt-mode as another character who may or may-not appear in the new universe is enough of offend, no wonder people don't like the Transformers fandom, they've been offended for decades.

Can't wait to see people offended Megatron's alt-mode is a tank and not a gun. That's Brawl's alt-mode damn it!

• Like Like x 5
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    "People" being "fans on this forum."

Because "people" in general consumed the Bayverse in such high numbers that it became a multi-billion dollar franchise spanning 6 films (and counting) and had such an impact on the franchise that several elements have since been integrated in to the general lore of the series. (Bee not talking, the All Spark, Lockdown and Barricade, etc)

Also...
    Jem and the Holograms is right there. Hell, this would be entirely subjective because "going far from the source material" when it comes to Transformers is meaningless when you consider the core concept is converting robots fighting each other and have ranged from G1 to BW to everything in between.

I'm sure you'll find fans of other nostalgic/vintage franchises who view their respective reboots/adaptations as "disrespectful."

Same. I'm excited to see what they come up with for the beast alts. I hated AoE an TLK, but the Dinobots and Dragonstorm made for some cool looking toys.

Even if I don't like the movie, hopefully their take on the Maximals and Preds are the same. And I am absolutely not looking forward to this forum once those are revealed. Regardless how they look.

Like, people are already expecting them to not be fully organic...or even "human sized" right? We're not going to pretend we're shocked when they're the BW names on bots that don't look exactly like the original show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

We sure aren't ever getting a toy of that. So fuck you in advance, Porsche.

• Like Like x 3
  6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can we just appreciate the sexiness of these 911s? Goddamn people!

• Like Like x 1
  7. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I would like to add TMNT as well.

8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I don't think people are saying that because they use the Porsche and not call it Jazz the movie is doomed to fail. I think people are worried that this is a single data point that may be a bad sign in regards to sticking to important parts of the source material.

Jazz is one of the main Autobots and as iconic for his cool attitude and his ultimate mode being a Porsche. In the cast he couldn't be a Porsche due to the inability to acquire the automotive license for the films. But you would think that if you were able to acquire a Porsche license you would give it did the character who is associated with Porsche. Especially when you look at the vehicle design and how much it looks like jazz.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Maybe, but name one other revived 80s franchise that's been anywhere near as successful at the movies let alone is anywhere near having a 7th film.

It's nice when they "respect" the source material and all, but the reality is deviating from that material and doing stuff like having a silver Porsche and calling him Mirage isn't going to make a difference and hasn't had any real impact on the success/failure rate of these films.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Hey, if there's justification for this then maybe it'll work out, but this is exactly the kind of behavior reminiscent of the original films that suggests that not exactly as much has changed behind the scenes as originally thought. The question of 'did Paramount learn the right lessons from Bumblebee' remains and we still don't have a lot of necessary information to make a judgement.

The reason this is such a big deal is because this is in the same context as a fully G1 Optimus Prime. We've SEEN the truck prop and everything. And then to suddenly just arbitrarily have to invent a whole NEW character when it could have been piss easy to just drop in Jazz as-is and call it a day? The new character has a LOT to prove, assuming it isn't just G1 Mirage (a snobby prick) outright.

THANK YOU! Somebody gets it!

Star Wars.

Ghostbusters (sure it doesn't have as many movies or make as much money...but even the bad one didn't nearly destroy its own movie company like TLK did).

And if we're perfectly honest, Fast and Furious is practically the spiritual reincarnation of MASK given the absolutely ridiculous crap that the solution to every problem involves cars and the bus from F7 that totally would have fit into the original MASK toyline. The director was even tapped to MAKE a MASK film though I've heard nothing further on the subject.

As already pointed out, this alone isn't going to make or break the movie, but isn't a good initial sign if we start seeing other things that suggest intentional deviation from the source material that isn't as well thought out as some people would want us to believe. Especially given how beloved Jazz is and here we have what would have been the perfect way to use him...and it's not him.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whats going on guys? Jimmy here from Chicago. Man this is bringing back memories heavily in man ways. I have been bugging out heavily ever since they announced 'Rise of the Beasts,' a film where you are going to get G1 and Beast Wars representation???!!! TOTALLY INSANE! Beast Wars has always had such a special place in my childhood! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    What "source material?" Jazz was a Porsche in exactly one place: G1. He wasn't a Porsche when he showed up in Animated or RiD2015 and he wasn't when he showed up in the Bay films back in 2007.

To use another example, these are all Prowl.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    upload_2021-7-8_11-14-22.jpeg [​IMG]

They are all Prowl, but they are not all the same Prowl. This is okay. This is fine. None of them being named Prowl changes anything about the other guys named Prowl.

Just say "it's not G1!" Because, inevitably, that's what it always means.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    So this is my takeaway from the thread: Some people, including myself, thought it was kind of funny that they finally got a Porsche for an alt mode and instead of making the obvious decision they give it the name of another character. It's a bit strange when you think about it, but nothing to really indicate anything major.

That was enough to set off some people who were evidently looking to start an argument (that they were on the losing side of anyways so I'm not really sure what their goal was.)

Then people who come in who have only read a handful of comments, or more likely just glanced over them, going "lawl TF fans r dumb, but not me though" or something along the lines of "thread is mess" while pretending they aren't contributing to the issue.

Just a reminder that this was all because some people made an obvious connection and wondered about it aloud, that's all it took.

• Like Like x 3
  14. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    GI Joe. RoC was a dumpster fire and Retaliation tried it's best. Tentatively optimistic about Snake Eyes and I'm not busted up about Snake Eyes being Asian and not some white saviour like some wanted him to be.

15. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I actually wouldn't be too sure--perhaps this appearing in the film is part of a licensing deal with Porsche that includes finally making an official MP Jazz,
    as well as maybe some kind of marketing boost for them. After all, once Volkswagen bought Lamborghini a while back, we were all sure we'd never get
    official Lamborghini products again, but then we got the Aventador in TF4 and the cheap remold Centenario in TF5.

The main reason we don't get officially licensed products of this or that is because the licensors usually put up a HUGE requirements and stiff royalty rates,
    that bar companies with limited financials (like toy companies) from being able to pay.

If you recall, with "BUMBLEBEE" Hasbro made a huge push for all the official Volkswagen goods starting at SDCC that year with posters, the light-up talking Bee, the MP and Studio Series being announced simultaneously, etc. I think at this point in Hasbro's involvement with these live action films, they aren't interested in putting cars in the film that they can't make. I think Dino was the last painful lesson of that for them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once. Every other appearance that he's been a similar but different car. Bee's a Camaro, Scourge is a Truck, and Arcee's a motorcycle. The only character so far in this movie to have the same alt-mode as from before is Optimus, who has always been a red truck with blue or black attached.

17. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed

18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    With all due respect, he wasn't a 'white savior', he was an outsider in a foreign land and faced prejudice for being a 'gaijin'. If you honestly think that was his deal before then you don't understand the character, and that's pretty disrespectful to Larry Hama, who is Asian himself.

Also this isn't Hisstank.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, Jazz was a Pontiac Solstice in 2007. So lets keep with the Pontiac theming for a hypothetical appearance in a 80s based movie...ROTB is on '84 right? He could be a Pontiac Fiero!

...okay the car kinda sucked ass but it does look good!

1984_pontiac_fiero_se_or_indy-pic-5880702789225356971-1600x1200.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

So it's just like any other typical day here. Nothing new with what you're describing.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1