Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Paperback Book

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Jan 9, 2023.

1. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    I think that the 1 or 2 people who we see constantly in these threads bring up the exact same arguements and derail said threads should understand that it's best to just move on. Don't like something? Then just voice your thoughts and move on with your life.
    Like I myself have generally very low expectations about this movie and I have problems with it but once I voiced them in expectations thread I just moved on. Now I just simply want to take part in the speculation but I can't even do that because the usual individual wants to cause 3 different arguements to happen at the same time.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dark palette swaps existed long before and long after the Sonic franchise. If you really want to be technical, in-universe Scourge is not even a simple palette swap. He's physically unique from his version of Optimus, and the only reason he even exists is because TT only made a single new villain mould for the Car Robots toyline. His take was more inspired because he wasn't an evil Optimus, happenstance was more the result of his appearance in and out of universe, with the more important element of his character being that in addition to scanning Optimus he also scanned a human being. (which played into the ungoing plot of the show's end)

I think it's pretty obvious what her thinking is. ROTB Scourge is simply a highly generic and barebones villain design. His colours, details, and features are all incredibly plain and simplistic.

The only thing I don't agree with are the badges. I think that's an inspired idea let down by the fact that it's the only unique element of his design. If they were a smaller part of the overall visual identity than I think it'd be just fine, but as it is now Scourge's only visual traits of interest are the stolen badges and claw hand. That's IMO pretty pedestrian for the main villain of a movie, especially in Transformers. Compare the Scourge we got to all that fanart based on the early description and it's hard for me to not think the design we got is bland.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Enderstone

Enderstone Banned

I wish it was Jhiaxus leading the Terrorcons, with Scourge as a second leader who follows the orders of Jhiaxus.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

It's hilarious, I have like 2 or 3 people on my ignore list and it feels like I'm missing half the context of every conversation in a movie thread. Those guys really have nothing better to do than be negative all day long.

• Like Like x 8
  5. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    I should've worded things better but I didn't say otherwise. I was specifically talking about same logic could still apply to dumping down RID Scourge to this "super generic baddy". Which he isn't and my point wasn't that he was.

There is nothing wrong wth being negative about something they don't like. They just shouldn't derail threads to express that they don't like it, once is enough. And if they want to discuss that, they should go to the movie forums. The people who are just trying to oppose their thoughts are as much at fault.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Woof, Scourge’s head looks real doofy on that cover. Obviously this is early art but yikes.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    The idea of a guy who swipes badges to serve as either trophies or a kill count is definitely neat, but if it's the only thing that he's got going for him... That's pretty dire.

8. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Being negative is one thing, making it your entire personality on the boards (to the point where it's pretty much all a user is known for) and just doing the exact same diatribes in every single movie thread is something else. Can't really blame people for being tired of their antics.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  9. grindcore138

grindcore138 TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL!

News Credits:
    Control Art Scourge's goofy ahh face looks like something out of Cyber Missions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ractonite

Ractonite Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I closed the ugly mouth, made his eyes orange, and gave him blue lightning.

Picsart_23-01-22_12-24-19-763.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I don’t think any of the problems with scourges design stem from being different from source material or being a dark color palette. For me personally it stems from the design seemingly not looking like a transformer. Like here there’s very little mechanical detailing, with a majority of him being random jagged shapes thrown onto him that don’t look like they form a vehicle or robot. The only things suggesting he’s a transformer are a grill guard and smokestacks that look slapped on. He just doesn’t blend in at all with all the other bots in the movie. At least to me.

It’s pretty weird too because it’s the first time I’ve felt this way about any movie design. (Keep in mind this is purely going off this art, as the movie model which is obviously different, was completely obscured)

• Like Like x 4
  12. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

The more I look at Scourge’s design, the more I’m convinced he should have been called Clench. From the overall head design, to the truck front becoming his shoulders, and the fact he has a massive grabby hand it’s hard for me to ignore. Heck, if/when I get the leader class for a discount I’ll likely just make him a Clench stand-in for my collection.

13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Buddy, I think you forgot we're talking about a movie sequel that has had 4/6 dogshit entries prior in the franchise. Plus, we've seen elements in this that make it seem like they're repeating mistakes of the previous bad films. The pessimism shouldn't be all that surprising. It's just disappointing after the high note of Bumblebee, this is the film we end up getting. I was hoping to see a simple Bots vs Cons movie that doesn't rely on macgaffins to drive the plot, but instead, we get another world ending macgaffin chase with an entirely monotone antagonist leader. I hope they've learned from Bumblebee and the movie turns out good. I'm not holding out hope, but I'm willing to take back my criticism if it can prove me wrong.

• Like Like x 5
  14. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Scourge's design & the leaked toy is fine. Ever since '07 I have ZERO expectation that live-action designs will look anything like their cartoon versions. If a figure is cool, I'd get. This Scourge though... I was surprised it's good enough -- in terms of the apparent engineering simplicity -- to be a Studio Series Leader right out of the bat. But hey, The Fallen was a simple SS Leader figure too, and most people love it with a passion (though I found it very meh in the engineering department after I got it in hand, it's no engineering marvel over the old Voyager).

Bumblebee The Movie was my 2nd favorite live-action movie. Yes yes, everyone in the TF fandom LOVE the opening Cybertron scene (me too), but the real reason I rank BB (after the '07 original) far better than the rest is because it gives me the "E.T. The Extraterrestrial" feel when I was a kid. It's the best movie to intro the kids to the TF world then any of the Bay movies, and I can appreciate that.

ROTB, if the script is good enough (i.e. not a total mess) I think it can be good enough to rank as #3, as I think most kids love animals more than an endless parade of supercars & jets, and it's hard to confuse a cheetah to an eagle/gorilla, unlike all the jumbled metallic mess that's Bayverse. I'm not hyped for the movie, but I don't get the early hate either, and I do look forward to bringing the kids to see it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's totally fine to have complaints about Scourge's design, but the whole "Scourge looks like a DeviantArt OC" thing people are parroting is probably one of the goofier things I've seen around here in recent months. Doesn't even feel like a real complaint, it just feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to complain about. Sorry you think the main villain of the movie looks "too edgy", but this brand has never been particularly subtle. Bad guys look scary and good guys look heroic. Does the fact that the main good guy has a superhero color scheme also bug you?

Let's not forget this is a brand that started with:

A black and yellow robot named "Bumblebee" that turned into a VW "bug"
    A giant green and purple robot that talked like the Incredible Hulk
    A robot named "Astrotrain" who turns into both a spaceship and a train
    A water-based robot who talks like he's underwater
    A villain who turns into direct copy of a pistol from The Man from UNCLE (what's more OC than just having your character turn into something from another show?).

Not really sure where people are getting "super edgy" from. "Edgy" is Superman snapping necks. "Overdesigned OC" is Windlade. Everything here is pretty standard villain stuff. We've seen stuff like claw hands and spikes before. He doesn't look any more edgy than Long Haul. About my only complaint is that the transformation scheme and body layout doesn't look particularly interesting or creative. I do like the hollow neck and chainmail, and the badges on the arm. We also have to keep in mind this is a slightly cartoony promo graphic, so obviously he looks a bit silly.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Am wondering what’s at the museum?

17. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 2007 movie along with Dark of the Moon for me are pretty good, Bumblebee was ok, both ROTF and AOE have some cool stuff. TLK is the only one I dislike. ROTB is looking like a TF movie I will enjoy.

Bumblebee was ok at best, its a story done better by E.T and Iron Giant. Otherwise its kind off a boring movie save for a couple scenes. The only reason most here like it is cause of the G1 designs. If it had the Bay designs most here would probably have hated it.

If you and others want to keep complaining or stay critical and overanalyze everything that comes out of this movie stay like that, just don't shame the rest of us who will end up liking the movie and are actually looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Designs are an important aspect when it comes creating a full packaged experience. So yes, if we got an opening like DOTM with dull and gray Cybertron with bland protoforms running around, then I'm sure Bumblebee would have also received criticism there (like it does receive criticism for the iron giant going evil scene) and would have probably lessened their overall rating of the film. I personally enjoyed seeing the variety of designs, color, and Transformers-like things in a Transformers movie. Even if without the Cybertron scene, we also finally got a movie without a MacGuffin, no world ending plot, everything was self contained and explained, likable human companion, Decepticons who are actually threatening and can hold up against a fight, Decepticons who are beyond snarling monsters and have legit dialogue that have a role in the narrative, and we got some badass designs like Seeker style Blitzwing and Optimus Prime. It's not perfect and does have some faults, and was hoping we'd come closer to perfection with the sequel...

I haven't attacked others for liking the movie. I'm just voicing my opinion about the movie and that's about it. It's okay to look forward to this movie and your opinion is just as valid as mine.

• Like Like x 6
  19. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    Probably one of the transwarp keys

• Like Like x 1
  20. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The world along with what was leaft of the autobots in Bumblebee was probably going to end if the decepticon army was going to come to earth. So I would say that is another TF movie will world ending risks.
    Anyway personally for me Bumblebee isn't the TF movie I want to see. But if they can combine some stuff from that with the big action and spectacle that will be cool.

• Like Like x 1