Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

I’m actually glad. There shouldn’t be any of that inaccurate concept art BS in a line that strives for screen accuracy. It’s what made figures like Heli Dropkick and Car Shatter even worse for me than they already were.

2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely wrong. I love the art style of the Bay movie characters and I'd call them garbage anyway, because they are garbage. They just are. I'm not going to stop calling them garbage even though I genuinely feel like they are garbage because someone on the internet might be upset that a stranger dislikes something they like and neither should anyone else.

And for the matter, I think the G1 cartoon is mostly bad too, but a bad 22 minute episode of a cartoon will always be less of a chore than a bad 2 hour movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    also if you take someone insulting a movie as a personal insult your issues are probably something more... deep-set.

• Like Like x 5
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FIRST... For the love of all that is... USE THE MULTI-QUOTE FUNCTION! I've gotten nothing but notifications about YOUR posts, one right after the other. There's a multiquote button, please use it! (It's also considered spamming to post as you are, careful with the rules there...)

Second...

One is more than welcome to call a movie garbage if they didn't like it. You're not allowed to call a person garbage because they didn't like it. That's what you and Rated X are doing and have done for a long time. Not just you, either. The personal attacks over a movie are ridiculous and need to stop. If you have to have it explained to you that there's a difference between hating on a movie and hating on a person, then you need help and not the kind you can get here. That's not a dig, a personal slight, a personal attack, but an actual piece of advice before it gets out of hand. You hate over a movie today, what will it be tomorrow? Where will that hate lead?

No one should be berated for liking or disliking the movies. Agree to disagree on them and move on. Getting angry that someone doesn't like what you like and vice versa is not only ridiculous, it's silly and dehumanizing. Not just of the person in your target, but of yourself. I got so tired of hating people over stupid stuff, that I actually got tired of hating, and I stopped it. No one's worth my sanity or my soul, and certainly not over these toys and their movies. People have no impulse control these days and they don't even care to try anymore.

Going after the movies is NOT a kneejerk reaction. It's a widely shared feeling/reaction by a lot of people, the world over. I'm not saying the movies didn't do anything positive. I'm not saying the critics are always right. (I barely agree with them in most cases.) BUT... Audience members have walked out. Critics do have valid criticisms over the films. Bay walked away when the story was only pseudo-finished. Paramount got rid of their CEO, and the final film was so bad... that Paramount owes the Chinese government BILLIONS of dollars for all of the movies they made that crashed and burned, including TLK. The movies aren't good, period. The G1 toon isn't good, period. They're important to *US* because we grew up with them, but if we're honest with ourselves and each other, they're all badly made vehicles for the express purpose of selling toys. Entertainment is second place, at best, when these are coming together. (Shame, isn't it?) If we can't honestly address the flaws and say "You know? They're right. These do suck as films go, but I love them regardless and I fully understand why that person doesn't like them" then this will never end and it's going to just get worse and worse.

BINGO.

• Like Like x 8
  5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    For some people I don't think it's the fact that they get uptight about what they like is criticized many times as it could be that they may have gotten flak for even liking one thing about it regardless if it's for a good reason or not for many years which at one point may into them finally snapping and going off the deep end. I'm not saying that's always the case I'm just thinking that it may be better to take certain other factors into account about why certain people may get defensive over certain media they like and if it's for other reasons as opposed to just putting all fans of any TF media be it G1 or the Bay verse in the same label of being unreasonable, and immature jerks who have too much of an attachment to what they like. Because the latter is unfair to anyone be it be the G1 or Bayverse fans who just love their respective media for different valid reasons and aren't trying to bother people about it.

At this point I just pray that Rise of the Beasts does enough financially and critically for not only the G1 fans who want a live action TF movie that caters more to their nostalgia and love for the era they grew up with that the Bay films didn't provide much if at all, but also for the BW fans who want to see the characters we grew up with get more love again along with getting a live action movie treatment that does them justice. As much as I'm frustrated with how Hasbro loves to play it safe with the G1 train to a massive level I also appreciate that they ARE also trying hard to reach out to their other TF fans if Rise of the Beasts and Kingdom are any indication along with how through Studio Series they aren't forgetting the people who grew up with the Bay movies.

In short Hasbro's legit trying to make everyone happy and we should really focus on letting them know what we all want as opposed to going at each other throats over different opinions. I know I am.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed CHUG Collector and #1 Twins Stan

News Credits:
    I didn't call anyone garbage, I said they were a snob which by definition they are.

Like you said all Transformer media is a vehicle to sell toys/merch which is fine. But acting like they're bad because of that when that's what they are meant to be is insane to me. That's like going into a McDonald's and being upset with them for being a McDonald's instead of a Steakhouse.

Upsetting someone because you insulted something they enjoy...yeah that's some deep-seated issues and not like general human reaction.

I'm not gonna act like the Bayverse is a pillar in cinematic history like Citizen Kane but they were never supposed to be. They have merit though and to reduce them to "garbage" because you didn't enjoy them is hyperbolic to say the least. I mean they saved the franchise for crying out loud. They've effected Transformers lore as whole even.

It's just factually incorrect to call them "garbage", say you didn't care for them all you want but much like Beast Wars they saved and forever changed the franchise the effects of which are still seen and felt today.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "General human reaction" is a stretch. I'd wager most adults have already understood that not everyone will like everything and that it's pointless to expect the whole world to express themselves with baby gloves because of a minority of people who take offense to that.

How would you feel if you want to McDonalds and you were served a burger you didn't like and after you said "hey, this burger tastes like crap" someone walked up to you and told you that you shouldn't say that because it's offensive to them and by the way the hamburger does not LITERALLY taste like shit okay so you're objectively wrong when you say it tastes like crap and furthermore how could it be crap when so many people around the world love it?!
    I'd wager you would be baffled and annoyed.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have just as much of a right to think the Bay movies are garbage (not that I think all of them are garbage, 1 and 3 are okay movies imo) as you do to think they're great. And in the end, that's just our individual opinions of them, and has no bearing on fact.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are they waiting till they get final models before trying to make Studio Series, so basically for greater accuracy.

But I really hope we don't get fast action battler quality stuff in the mean time.

My hope is simplified almost CHUG versions of the movie characters to sidestep accuracy.

Since there are headmasters in queue, they will probably have faces this time instead of Matrixes. Would be fun if they went Super Deformed route :) 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Bruh that's literally not what I did.

I said the movie was garbage, I never said anything about the fans who enjoy them. You took a slight against a media as a personal insult. That's your issue.

Now if I had said something more along the lines of "I can't imagine who would EVER like these garbage movies," you'd have more of a leg to stand on, but I didn't because I know exactly what kind of person likes these garbage movies: me.

I'm not a movie snob, though, you just think I am because I recognize they're shittily made movies and well below the accepted standard of quality film making. It doesn't make me a snob, it simply makes me aware.

It is literally how children react.

"I like this movie."
    "That movie's stupid."
    "YOU'RE STUPID!"

I dunno, this sounds like snob talk to me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Definition of SNOB

12. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

I hope scourge looks cool

• Like Like x 2
  13. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    It sounds like they're gonna do an RiD Scourge instead of a G1 Scourge.

It's been interesting seeing RiD popup here and there in more recent TF media considering Hasbro used it as a filler show to gap fill until Armada was finished.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    Re: SS ROTB

My guess is that we're gonna get 1-2 figures around movie release of characters they might've had concept art early for, and the rest come later.
    Considering how it looks like SS 2022 is filling out the BB cast, it's clear that we're gonna end up getting a figure of the Camaro Bee from the very end of the movie, which would be easy to retool/remould into his ROTB looks (normal & off-road), assuming they didn't completely redesign him from scratch.

Same goes for OP, especially after finding out that they've basically had that truck model in a toy from the BB gimmick line, but I'm mostly curious about Arcee, if her BB toy will end up being a pre-tool of her bike mode or she'll have 2 completely different moulds.

15. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    you think people are snobs because they call the movies garbage, but you're acting like popcorn flicks or their effect on the corresponding toy franchise have any long term impact on society... "changing the franchise" is pretty relative when transformers is a top priority for like... 50,000 people tops.

• Like Like x 3
  16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I'm gonna guess you just didn't read that link you posted? Here, let me quote it for you, so you can look extra foolish as you dig that hole deeper:

2: I don't see anywhere where I've sough association with social superiors. I said these movies that suck sucked. Have you never thought a movie sucked?

3a: I'm not rebuffing, avoiding, or ignoring those regarded as inferior. If I did, mentioning that I myself am a movie fan would be a pretty bad attempt at it.

3b: I don't see what I've said as offensive, unless again you choose to take insults against an unfeeling piece of media as personal. Now calling someone a name just because you disagree with them? That could be construed as offensive, or at the very least immature.

As for 1: I have repaired my own shoes in the past so fuck I think you got me there.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    3b: one who has an offensive air of superiority in matters of knowledge or taste
    BRUH

18. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

If anything, Transformers (2007) was a massive leap forward in terms of the use of CGI in movies. The work done by ILM is incredible and groundbreaking. Transformers paved the way for various other franchises including the MCU - Jon Favreau stated that the CGI work in Transformers convinced him that an Iron Man movie could be made.

The Transformers movies do have merit on that alone, so to reduce them to the word "Garbage" seems quite narrow-minded. That's fine if it's your opinion but I would suggest widening your perspective a little bit.

• Like Like x 10
  19. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I feel like the CGI and the art crew doing their best is their credit and work, but it doesn't stop the movie from being a bad movie. If a movie is bad, I'll see it and I'll walk out of it feeling like I wasted my time regardless of "well, atleast the camera guy did a good work". It's the equivalent of an anime with really good animation but very bad script to me, and while a good script can carry bad visuals I don't think the opposite works unless it's a very short thing like a 11 minute short film or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    “Widening your perspective” sounds pretty snobby, dude. ;) 

I’m kidding of course, but as great as the CGI is, effects are not a replacement for a good story, and the movies don’t have a good story. They are extremely poorly written, dismissive, and tasteless films, and even as action movies they often fail to impress. So much of the action is just mindless shooting and headache-inducing nonsense that you rarely even get much gratification from them. Over five films I can really only point to two or three action scenes that were worthwhile, with everything else being a meaningless blur. Even the effects are hit or miss, and again if the effects are in service to such an empty story, what good are they?

And then of course there’s the fact that over tens years and gives films only two or three robots got any sort of character development. The Transformers were second fiddle in their own series, and eventually new characters would just come and go off screen because they mattered so little. Half of them were never even named in the films, themselves, or had incorrect names.

Which is also another knock against them. They are extremely poorly made on a technical level. Yeah the CGI is good, but a lot of shot composition, editing, and continuity is just a mess. Especially AOE and TLK, where the editing seems nearly inhumanly bad. And the effects aren’t even that great in those, despite being the more recent ones.

So yeah, “garbage” seems fitting when even the director himself admits to not caring. A movie is not just pretty images, it’s story and characters and an engaging experience, things the Bay films utterly fail to deliver on. Their critical reception speaks for itself, and to me writing off any and all criticism as snobbery is the real snobbish behaviour. It’s still just as dismissive and reductive, except while I call the movies garbage because I think they’re garbage, Nova Maximus calls other people snobs because he refuses to engage in actual dialogue about the films. Instead he shifts focus away from the target of criticism rather than meet it head on, either because he can’t refute it or simply wants to respond in vitriolic manner. Like I said, that is literal childish behaviour, and is far more damaging to discussion than any dismissive remark towards a movie series that ended four years ago.

You still can’t see the difference between accepting something’s faults and having an impartial opinion of it?

• Like Like x 4