Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You woukd argue in aoe that when prime breaks out of the barn shouting here I am he takes out a few humans.

But maybe that's not confirmed.

2. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No he aimed at the ground near them and knocked them off their feet.

3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't find it odd because I recall doing the exact same when a movie I liked was getting dragged online
    With the flip-side being that I did that when I was literally 14, so I presume a lot of that weird defensiveness over media are either kids or adults on the spectrum

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    A lot of it has to do with a combination of young people being exposed to opinions of others which are strongly defended and in an environment devoid of most visual communication. Talking with somebody in person, which can have vocal inflections, body language, etc. can be significantly different than interacting with a person online, where all we are on this message board are images attached to boxes of words.

Reminds me of the time a user got incredibly mad over somebody saying teenagers were stupid in a non TF GD thread, because they misinterpreted it as being called stupid directly because they were a teenager, when they hadn't even been part of the conversation until they snapped back.

5. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Give me a movie beast wars optimus primal masterpiece figure with fur or a beast wars dinobot masterpiece with rubbery skin and or feathers.

6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

These movies and these toys are gonna be geared towards a younger audience- but who cares. Do you really think TF media will ever tackle serious themes about war and morality like we got in Star Trek Deep Space Nine or the rebooted Battlestar Galactica? No, it's not appropriate and it would either traumatize kids or bore them to death. Talking about this stuff reminds me of the Fast and Furious movies and all of the dead police and civilians that would realistically pile up if the stunt sequences were real. But you super duper rarely see a dead body in FF movies (if at all).

7. pipelong1138

pipelong1138 Member

nice

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Serious themes used to be tackled all the time in kids shows that still entertained kids. The issue is people came around with this mentality that children are stupid, and so we should treat them as such.

and then people wonder why the new generation is so.... iffy....

• Like Like x 1
  9. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope there's a scene where Optimus Primal puts a human in his mouth and chews on them before dropping them on the ground and stomping them into the dirt.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I mean, you're quoting me but not giving any examples about any of the generalizations you're making. It's basically grumpy old man "we had it better in my day, new stuff sucks" talk.

I was specifically speaking about super dark themes related to war. Stuff that you'd see in DS9 or BSG. Stuff that you'd never see on any mainstream American children's cartoon or movie from any era. If you want to watch some really dark, serious, depressing stuff, go watch Japanese anime. Spend an afternoon with Grave of the Fireflies and then try to enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    BB had PTSD in his movie, so that was a bit of a serious topic. It wasn't named as such, but it was obvious and he overcame it.
    That's at least something.

Oooo-kay...?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    He's supposed to be making a joke, hence the 'blue text' - which I don't know why it ever became a thing and literally nobody who uses it seems to do, either.

Your reaction is precisely why I think blue text shouldn't be tolerated because people who don't know what it is will get the wrong impression and it could lead to...bad situations.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know the blue text thing, just didn't think it made sense or recognized if it was a reference.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

You saw a lot of those themes in Exosquad, though.

15. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

Are you for real? :D 

The brand has always been for kids and has always had one goal: to sell toys.

• Like Like x 16
  16. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

What, the sarcasm switch wasn't good enough? ...wow, this blue text shit is such a fantastic idea. /s

• Like Like x 1
  17. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a King Kong reference (assuming Primal and the Maximals will be giant-scaled) and the previous flow of conversation about Optimus Prime in the movie "heroicly" brutally murders his enemies.

18. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

I understand wanting to limit a design, make it more similar with this or that, more or less complex, but limiting the car this much? Bro, as long as it's in the same or a near category of vehicle it should be more than ok. And what people don't understand, G1 was a thing made for 84, a beetle nowadays isn't that thing it was in the old times. Now, THIS:
    IMG_20210623_164422.jpg
    Only the fact of being a sport car makes people like it it doesn't matter if it's old. But a beetle? Besides geewunners every other fan would find that nothing interesting. When it was about alt mode in BBM it was Shatter and Dropkick who rocked it, with those damn beautiful cars

19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    What's funny is I don't think you understand they chose the 1970s Camaro for the original film because it was THE WORST Camaro production model according to Bay himself.

The Type 1 Volkswagen Beetle is an iconic vehicle, your additude is like Hasbro in how they thought modern kids wouldn't know what a cassette tape was in 2008.

• Like Like x 4
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not entirely true. That said, that's part of the reason they ended up failing in the end. They weren't really for kids and it's just unending bad jokes, half-dressed people, and a bunch of filth.

That ain't Transformers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 7