Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. OptimusPrime10

OptimusPrime10 Well-Known Member

I just truly believe the best way to attract interest is by making the characters highly reminiscent of those that have come before with the same name. If they could have let go of the need to stick with Megatron in the ice, BB would be the perfect place to restart. I was under the impression this movie was going to be the 90s buddy cop movie showing the other half of the how did Prime get off Cybertron question.

I, like many others that make these arguments, was not very clear. I don't want a rehash of G1, I simply want them to do episode 1 correctly to setup the teams, war, and get the players to Earth in a way that doesn't doom the future of the franchise or objectify women when it could be developing robot characters. What got me triggered in this reveal was actually the beasts and Scourge as leader of the Terrorcons. In that one sentence, there is: fuckery with another a- or b-tier character when a new one could be created, Terrorcons being altered to make the first one fit, Beasts coming to Earth despite their original purpose for coming in their series not having happened in this movieverse yet, and all the signs of another bloated mess of a movie. Maybe there are people that want a shot-for-shot G1 remake, but that's not me. I want a "from the lore established in G1 (mostly)" reboot of the franchise that once-and-for-all tells the origin story of Transformers. And in this story, I'd like for them to honor the original BW story as a separate but obviously interrelated series of movies. It was already great, why monkey with it just to rush getting Prime and Primal on the same poster when you've already got plenty to do in the movie to setup the main universe? There are bits of lore from many of the properties over the years, I don't profess to know them all intimately, so I'm open to other ideas, but this brand has the same opportunity as the MCU to make it so people like my mom can tell you who Sam Wilson's sister is. With patience, and by starting with what people already know (Starscream is an evil grey, red, and blue plane), we can get a buttload of movies and series for all of us to enjoy. It just feels like they're gonna DCEU this thing into the ground again.

2. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

So sort of a Days of Future Past approach?
    Where the original series goes back in time, alters history, creating the reboot timeline?

Honestly I could get behind this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The English translation of the Chinese words "The Rise of the Power Warrior", nothing to do with the Beast, would it be another powermaster pretender story?

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That's just how titles work on a global market. Things get reworded because a straight translation doesn't sound as good or make sense.

5. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’ll be cool if this movie was an X men days of the future past type movie. Where the maximals are Descendants of the autobots and they lived in the bayverse future where unicron has destroyed both earth and cybertron.

6. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

They haven’t said anything about Abominus, just that there is a faction called the Terrorcons. But I’m assuming that he’s not involved and that this is just another name reuse like G1 Terrorcons/Energon Terrorcons/Prime Terrorcons and G1 Predacons/Beast Wars Predacons/Prime Predacons. I hope this isn’t the case since I don’t like it when names get reused for characters/concepts that have nothing to do with them. It always pushes the original use of the name into obscurity.

7. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Transformers Rise of The Beast 666.

Seriously tho this sounds wild getting to see Predacons, scourge, Also great to finally have a TF movie to look forward to again.

8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I think that may be a bit convoluted for mainstream audiences. With that said it would be a good way to actually wrap up the Bayverse AND clear the board for future movies.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok, another series of posts has been deleted due to falling foul of the following rule:

3. No Politics, Religion or Abortion
    This includes signatures, user titles and avatars. Political jokes and links to news stories with a political nature are also off limits.

Any further discussion that breaches this rule will result in warnings/infractions, and/or thread bans.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

It's not even that convoluted, no more so than any other time-travel story.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Magnum Dongus

I still would prefer a hard reboot, because if there were a time travel thing involved that still would leave numerous things about the past leading up to 1994, including Megatron having been frozen and Unicron being the Earth, and all the other ancient history stuff. Plus it would just feel like the universe is tainted by being originally the same universe as the bay movies (yes, that sounds incredibly dramatic. That’s just the best way I could think of describing it).

12. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    True.

I gotcha. You are going to know more than I do, I havent watched a Bay Transformers movie in its totality since DOTM. I tried, but I can't do it.

13. Magnum Dongus

Oh boy. There definitely is a ton of ancient history stuff shoved into the later movies, but there is also plenty of it in the first three as well. The Moon landing, Egypt, USSR all having stuff to do with Transformers artifacts, etc. But also AoE and TLK introduced a ton of retcons about the past. I mean, we’ve got like three different origins for the Transformers in the movies alone.

• Like Like x 3
  14. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i hope we get a good composer

• Like Like x 4
  16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I get what you're asking for, and I think the Aligned Continuity tried to do what you're asking for, although obviously that didn't turn out all that well at the end of the day.

I would very much like a cohesive story and the live action movies definitely took things one movie at a time, but I still don't think that story necessarily needs to be rooted in G1 beyond the base story that nearly all continuities follow, which is transforming alien robots Autobots and Decepticons (usually, but not always, led by Optimus Prime and Megatron) bring their war from their home planet of Cybertron to Earth. If you have that, I think any given continuity can be whatever it wants and bring something new to the table. I personally don't think G1 contributed all that much in terms of definitive lore beyond the core premise, but what it did deliver was create the basis for a lot of the core characters. The comics went deeper but those had a much smaller footprint than the cartoon.

Even then, I still don't have a problem with names of B-tier or lower names being used in other contexts. The franchise has done this long, long before the first live action movie, you had countless characters with the name Ironhide or Ratchet who had nothing to do with each other. Heck, prior to this movie you had three different well-known characters named Scourge from different series that all have their fans. I think we're moving to a place where there are a good deal of names that can only be used for their most famous iterations, and even then there are cases where the original bearer is not that. Take Barricade who was a movie creation and has become a beloved character franchise-wide.

I totally get not wanting to rush the story and there's absolutely a chance this movie ends up overstuffed like TLK, but I also think the core concept and premise of Transformers is ingrained enough and widely accepted enough by the general public, that we don't need to start from square one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    "Transformers always had a very special relationship with China"

Always?!?

As in "Since Forever" ?!?!?

Where?

More like it NEVER had a special relationship with China other than pander to their audience by filming some Bayverse stuff there.

Did G1 had a special relationship with China? NOPE

Did Beast Wars had a special relationship with China? NOPE

Jeez... What a load of crap.

Transformers Rise of the Hollow Toys.

P.S. Empty TFs boxes weigh more than the toys.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Fun thought! I was thinking about the Off Road Bumblebee design and got to thinking how it would be cool if the alternate modes were less static than previous iterations.

Like Bumblebee needs to go off road so he just adjusts his alternative mode accordingly on the fly. Of course this will be cool and expensive at the same time for us tpy collectors :lol .

• Like Like x 4
  19. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the introduction of the new Terrorcons and them being a seperate "tribe" I'm now questioning different subgroups that appeared in the previous films, other parts of the franchise yet to jump to live action, and those future teams that could still appear in the movies. For instance, could the Dinobots and Constructicons be considered separate tribes from the Autobots and Decepticons, but then we saw, at the least the Dinobots consolidation and joining the Autobots' tribe, through assimilating, like when a foreigner now consider themselves a member of their new nation, or when someone changes religion or political affiliation joining that "tribe".

And would future appearances from the Stunticons and Aerialbots be considered seperates tribes that joined the Autobots or Decepticons. Like the four Dinobots joined the Autobots, but would a Dinobot, say a Live Action Scowl (RID 2015), join the Decepticons. Like would flying Autobots like Powerglide be considered a member of the tribe, Aerialbots, like his Combiner Wars toy I think made him an Aerialbot, but then becomes an Autobot? Or if a new original character like Blackjack, a member of the Stunticon tribe, then join the Decepticons' tribe.
    CW_Aerialbots_packaged.jpg
    Generationstoy-Blackjack.jpg RIDScowl.jpg
    It should be noted in the Live Action Universe most of the Transformers (Autobots and Decepticons) were only considered Autobots, confirmed when Optimus first introduces himself to Sam, as Autonomous Robotic Organisms or Autobots for short and possibly Shockwave having an Autobots symbol that may be intentional, I don't know maybe we'll see in the Cybertron prequel, but then The Fallen created the two sects and passed that ideal to Megatron to carry the legacy of that separate tribe to branch away from The Autobots (Dynasty of Primes in particular) idealogue in the modern age of Cybertronians. I do wonder if the Terrorcons came after The Decepticons, like how The Decepticons branched off of the Autobots, the Terrorcons branched off from The Decepticons?

20. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, we need to start making noise for Gary Chalk. I remember it was fan voices that got us Peter Cullen back in 2007. We need to do the same for Chalk! Unless you want another tragedy like the Kingdom Primal.

• Like Like x 12