Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    It honestly doesn't really matter all that much, it's just more of a tool to get us where we need to be.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say the Bayverse and the Knightverse diverged a long time back. And I'm hoping it was a really long time. I don't ever want to meet the Twins again.......

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Lorenzo be like: “China please give us money again”

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Dude if you spent $200 million on a movie and saw the recent returns being what they were you too would be focusing on the cinema money pit that is China let’s be honest. They rereleased avatar there and it over threw avengers for Pete sake

people can throw shade at China all they want but it’s a smart move especially since transformers has a huge fandom there

• Like Like x 4
  5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its hoenstly just laughable how stubbornly unwilling paramonut/hasbro are to just embrace a reboot

• Like Like x 7
  6. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

Laughable if it weren’t so worrying.
    Now this has got me feeling a bit more optimistic. It really seems like he cares about making this movie, rather than seeing it as a paycheck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's also funny to rip Paramount for pandering to China for what they feel is "ethical reasons" while ignoring that the US hasn't exactly been a bastion of ethics on the global stage of late. Like, people want to concern troll that their complaints are driven by wanting the brand to survive...but don't realize that to survive the brand needs to make money.

What we're seeing, in part, is the US Transformers fandom slowly learning they're not the financial powerhouse they think they are.

So you're saying they're an accurate reflection of the Transformers fandom itself.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The bizarre thing is, it seems like there's only one guy who can't embrace it. Hasbro has already called Bumblebee a "new storytelling universe" and Travis Knight admitted they had to make Bumblebee into a reboot to do the things he wanted to do in an interview. Also, in the Production Weekly audition call before this film was called Beast Alliance, they called the film "UNTITLED TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE UNIVERSE PROJECT" and they wouldn't have made that distinction if it was in the Bayverse. This recent event was the first time this had come into question and from what I'm reading, most of the whole confusion was from Lorenzo's mouth. The dude just can't let go of the Bayverse.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    considering how much a joke everyone treated the spider-man franchise for having 3 new cinematic attempts in under 15 years it’s understandable to an extent

• Like Like x 1
  10. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

11. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    So after going through a few of the major outlet's comment section who reported on this coming out, it now has me worried, as most of the replys were who are the Maximals/Predacons/Terrorcons or they're introducing how many factions??? Or it was just straight up hate/distrust for the franchise after TLK (which is understandable) and a few of the die hards like us, but mostly concerned people.

Either way, it seems like the general audience has the same concerns as we do which is that they are biting off more than they can chew, and putting together way too many elements in one movie. I would be lying saying that I wasn't intrigued by it, but I am definitely concerned. If the movie plays out like the first part of BB then we are looking at a godlike movie, but if it plays out more like TLK then the whole franchise is gonna sink hard like the last jedi.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's Caple showing his director's chair which states "Transformers 7" and his name while the TFTM theme is playing in the background.

• Like Like x 2
  13. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed, every time this issue comes up again its always because of him

• Like Like x 1
  14. OptimusPrime10

OptimusPrime10 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. I want them to be able to explore the studio space and invent new things, but those are risks. If the movieverse wasn't a running joke to mainstream fans, we could do whatever we wanted, but that's not where we are at. There's a reason wilder concepts like Guardians of the Galaxy and the multiverse weren't in the first phase of the MCU. With respect to the other guy, I want him to get what he wants, but for the sake of mass appeal/recognition and the war chest "G1 The Movie" would bring to fund the other projects, I'm just arguing the order of movies not whether or not they should all be G1.

• Like Like x 2
  15. OptimusPrime10

OptimusPrime10 Well-Known Member

Is no Abominus confirmed?

16. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I'm really curious who will be voicing the characters?

Despite having recognizable voice actors for Transformers (Leonard Nimoy, John Goodman, Ken Watanabe, Omar Sy and so on), they were rarely if at all used in the promotion and interviews. The audience didn't get the chance to "meet" the characters before their on-screen appearance. How were they supposed to get attached or know who they are?

I wonder if this will be different this time around? If Vin Diesel can give an interview, because he's voicing a tree, why nobody sat down Peter Cullen for an iterview yet?

I'd love if we got something like this for the new movie:

• Like Like x 5
  17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really agree that a "G1 movie" is the answer here. The hardcore G1 fans here are an incredibly small subset of the moviegoing public. I'm not sure how a straight up G1 movie brings any more mass appeal than TF07 did 14 years ago. That movie absolutely achieved mass appeal and people enjoyed it and showed up in spades for its sequels.

Now obviously the series trailed off and some major retooling was needed, which is what we got with BB and what we seem to be getting here, and that's fine. But I don't really get the notion that we need some straight up G1 adaptation to set things on the right path, we just need a good / enjoyable movie, which is not dependent on it being G1, except that it might please some people here.

This is not really directed at you, it's just that I don't see G1-ness as a prerequisite for any Transformers project being good, successful, or enjoyable. So for me personally the stuff about this bounty hunter version of Scourge, duplicitous Nightbird, and Prime and Primal meeting on screen is far more exciting and that doesn't have a basis in anything previously.

I don’t think it really matters either way, the Transformers movies have always been very good about casting professional voice actors in the roles and sometimes those just happened to be famous screen actors like Goodman. And they do a great job in the movie regardless of any outside promotional material that isn't part of the movie proper. I really hope this strong VA streak continues here.

Now that said, if they do feature voice actors in more material it could be a further sign of continued focus on the robot characters, which they already started strong on with this initial reveal of the movie.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The term you're looking for is "soft reboot"

19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think that's true. China doesn't give a shit if it's a reboot or not as long as Optimus (their favorite character) has enough screen time.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Gotta cash in on 90s nostalgia and BW hype while you can
    A53F85F0-B5F0-4CB0-A1E3-7FD1DFDE7F0C.jpeg

Love BW and I’m totally fine with Hollywood pushing it to mainstream. I enjoyed BB and hope that whatever follows is just as entertaining but there 90% chance this movie will be total train wreck. Lol.

• Like Like x 2