Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Yeah no one will care about a sequel to tlk after 6 or 7 years.They probably just want to see how this one does.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me, I'm hoping they'll eventually be able to pretend the Bayverse never existed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

My impressions after reading the summary thing:

-Sounds like an exciting movie. I will watch it if only just to see the 4x4 Z28 Camaro lol.

-The Incas are one of the coolest ancient civilizations, masters of using their geography. I wonder if they will tie that into the movie (Machu Pichu is the Axalon?) seems like something they'd do in the bay movies at least.

-The only thing I am not sure about is the transformations. Bumblebee in his movie looked less realistic than the bayformers because of the random curved armour pieces coming from nowhere at all. I hope they have figured out better transformations or robot designs with better kibble placement. Not that big of a problem though. The whole concept of the movie is at least interesting sounding.

-The name acronym is very similar to ROTF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I think what they're doing is trying not to contradict the Michael Bay movies, but the major problem with that is Megatron. Megatron is the single most significant opposition in the Transformers Universe. They can get away with this for a little bit but eventually if Megatron remains on ice, this will become a problem.

They can't just leave him uninvolved forever. At some point they're going to have to pull that Band-Aid off.

My hope Is we will see him either either show up on Cybertron radically disregarding the Bay movies or breaking out of the ice early in 1994. Obviously I would prefer the former, but I recognize that there is a huge chunk of Michael Bay fans, so maybe by paying tribute to him being frozen you don't alienate that section of the fandom.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it makes no sense. They will have to admit this a reboot at some point unless they want to make a sequel to TLK which is obviously not a good idea at all. Also, they've already admitted this was a "new storytelling universe". Backtracking on that would make it way more confusing than it should. Like, imagine trying to explain to your friends and family (who aren't Transformers fans) where this movie stands.
    They just need to make a comic that wraps up the TLK's Unicron thread for the Bay fans. This rodeo of trying to appeal to both sides isn't helping anyone.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The overwhelming majority of Bay fans here (myself included) would be 100% OK with this happening, I might add.

We are very aware of the misstep that was TLK and why it doesn't make sense to put $200M+ into continuing that. A comic would be a nice bone-throw to us and, given the strong track record of IDW Movieverse comics, might even turn out better than whatever an actual TF6 movie would have given us.

• Like Like x 8
  7. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doesn't even have to be good.
    Any ending is better than a cliffhanger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A while back I mentioned an idea for a Bumblebee sequel which was a quest for the long lost Ark type of road movie, which explained why Optimus chose Earth in the first place. If this is actually a Quest for the Axalon type of movie, it would make the eventual encounter between the Autobots and the Beastformers less random. And who knows, Axalon might get a new (and old) name by the end of the movie .

I may regret giving Paramount ideas - This Primal turns out to be Bayverse Optimus from the future who went back in time to change history after Unicron Woke Up (they tried blowing him up) . Of course, he ended up being followed by the future Predacons.

Obviously all sorts of complications arise, Cybertronian and Earth history changes radically as a result, Bayverse Optimus learns from past mistakes and grows a bit wiser, but they've still got that Unicron Problem and the Terrorcon Fanclub to deal with.

Enter Knightverse Optimus and gang.
    Don't kill me.

• Like Like x 5
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Only if you can't think outside G1. There are plenty of villains in the Transformers universe that can carry a single movie worth of plot. What makes it tricky is that since these are movies you have to pace them as such. Having Megatron as a regular presence in the films would make sense...but he can't always be the villain. It'd be easier to treat him more like Magneto in the X-Men films. A rival presence, who's antagonistic to the main heroes, and can play off the villain in any one movie in different ways that can drive the conflict between he and Prime without seeming like a jobber.

As for Megatron being the single most significant opposition? Meh. You've got a planet sized robot in Unicron who works far better as a long term antagonist. Because once he shows up the Autobot/Decepticon rivalry takes second fiddle and drives unlikely alliances.

It's also going to be very tricky introducing Megatron once you've involved the beast era, because you're not likely to see *two* Megatrons unless there's time travel or alternate dimensions involved. So it's smart if they're slow playing his arrival to give them time to figure out how to tackle that. There are plenty plenty plenty of villains, though. Especially since the movies can take any particular character from the decades of lore and modify them to seem like a bigger threat. Look at how Shatter and Dropkick came outta nowhere but carried an entire movie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

Can you imagine if they just have the beasts featured for the last ten minutes of the film like what they did with the Dinobots in Age of Extinction?

Oh my god. These forums would erupt. I can just see the rant posts now.

• Like Like x 7
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I keep reading how this is a prequel to Bay's Transformers and how this one takes place about a decade before the first Bayverse flick... Caple doesn't really dispel those rumors in his answers. He doesn't directly answer them and is clearly sidestepping to appease, it seems, but I'm really not liking the direction this is going.

IF it's a prequel to Bayverse, I'm definitely out. IF it's not, then I'll be cautiously... meh on the whole thing. Not optimistic, but not outright pessimistic.

I know, a lot of people will say "Oh, Bumblebee changed everything, they won't be able to tie it back to Bayverse." to which I'd say... They already had an entire franchise where none of the sequels directly connected to the first film, except in terms of characters and all of them sharing the same DNA, which is "completely counter everything told to us that came before". If people think they can't force Bumblebee and ROTB into Bayverse, you apparently haven't been watching these movies all these years.

I'm hoping, really hoping, that this is just mental/verbal gymnastics to appease the audience and suck up to them with lies rather than it actually being a Bayverse prequel. It's bad enough that there was no consistency before, it'll be even worse if it goes down the same path with a more competent director and writer. Shame on them if they do that.

• Like Like x 6
  12. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

My personal theory for continuity is that this is a prequel that changes the timeline, which would end up erasing the bayverse in canon (and make it like an alt timeline). I think the X-Man movies did something like this if I remember correctly.

One thing that has confused me is how Megatron got frozen in ice but who cares anyway.

I think it would be cool if the decepticons retain the bay aesthetic and the autobots get the new Don Figueroa styled ones.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That just sounds like a reboot with extra steps.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So we are kind of saying the same thing, that's my fault I don't think I was clear. Megatron should be built up to a major villain. But if we just keep ignoring his existence just so we don't upset the Bay universe connection it's going to feel very strained over time.

As for Unicron I disagree 100%, nearly every time Unicron shows up in a Transformers Universe it pretty much marks the end of that universe or era either intentionally or because of a lack of financial viability. Generation 1, Armada, Energon, IDW, Bay Universe, Transformers Prime, and Netflix Transformers. Unicron's arrival as the main villain usually marks the finishing of a Transformers era, So no I don't really want to see Unicron as a major bad guy for a while.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

It’s a reboot there’s no other way.Being in the same universe as bayformers is pointless.

• Like Like x 5
  16. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    just noticed this, I think it's pretty neat. Definitely appreciate the subtly of the design, which is something I feel the Mercenary and Quintesson insignias for ER really dropped the ball on (especially the quint logo, though sadly with SS86 gnaw it seems Hasbro is determined to keep using that one despite us already having a much simpler and appealing one, at least in my opinion)

Would have liked it to be orange or yellow or something though, but that's a non-issue.

17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    More importantly it's harmful. I'm not saying to leave the Michael Bay Transformer fans behind. Give them their Camaro. Give them their non-stop action, Give them their super cool cars. Give them ambiguous references, such as Sector 7 and the battle of Chicago but to keep it tied to the Michael Bay movies directly and omitting things like Megatron is a mistake in the long-term.

100% agree but may be they can do this without time travel. Why not just have a huge event that changes everything in the 90s or 2000s (Megatron gets free early). And then have one of the characters say something like" this will have consequences that will alter our future".

• Like Like x 6
  18. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

It is, but it's a way for Paramount to have its cake and eat it too. That way, they can have both a reboot and keep it tied in with the Bayverse at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Exactly. Believe me this is not what I want, I would much prefer a clean break from the Bay Universe, but that's kind of selfish and not fair to all of our brothers, sisters, and others who have jumped on the fandom since 2007.

Doing a compromise like this would allow for everyone to find something they love. Whether that be Generation 1, Beast Wars, or Michael Bay Transformers.

• Like Like x 3
  20. JKL1984

JKL1984 Banned

Yeah just like J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, it can definitely work like this.

• Like Like x 3