Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

Isn’t it funny that the bestial and monstrous characterizations of Bay Decepticons have essentially been given their own faction in the form of Terrorcons? In my eyes it’s pretty much a confession as to how ridiculously feral the Decepticons were portrayed in those films.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ultra magnus13

Ultra magnus13 Well-Known Member

I'd love for this to be good, but it's pretty clearly telegraphing that it's just going to "bay up" Beast Wars characters. Everyone will finally get to see rusty steam punk Rhinox who wants to horn things, and ratty fur PTSD Primal, just like they where in Beast Wars. look no further than "mirage" the charter that uses one characters name, another's look, another's personality, and then a new made up power.

I am glad that the guy who has been leading the Autobots in the war for millions of years, will grow into the trash version from the bay films over the course of a single film.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

That’s the issue though. Bumblebee’s not supposed to be the “big totally epic badass super dude!!!” He’s supposed to be the little cute character. He doesn’t even have to be a Beetle, just any small, compact car would do.
    Same here. I hate nameslaps, so this at least based on other versions. In fact, the fact that they seem to be tying all the others together into one guy sounds really cool.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Aside from these, stale plots that repeat the exact same beats every damn time. The Autobots must team up with their human allies to race against the Decepticons to find an ancient Cybertronian artifact that has been on Earth for a long time, dealing with an ancient and powerful Transformer, and learn a shocking secret of how Transformers have shaped human history. I have just described all six bayformers movies plots.

Now formulaic isn't automatically a bad thing, look at the MCU, but coming across purely repetative is. Bayformers increasingly became a tale of sound and fury, as told by an idiot signifying nothing. And Bay came back, sure, but each movie it felt less like he wanted to be there, and more like "Well I guess they drove a truck full of money to my house, maybe they'll let me make something I want in between."

Of course we can talk Bayformers design choices. And that's gonna depend on individual people. For me they are a cluttered, overdesigned and detailed mess that just looks like someone threw a bunch of scrap metal together, and I just can't follow them well. That does not mean an exact recreation of the G1 looks is the right choice, since we're working in a different format here. But you want to retain the iconic parts of the characters, and have them recognizable. Imagine if we had a Star Wars movie where R2-D2 looked more modern, and was identical to BB-8's design?

Finally TLK FLOPPED. It was the point where suddenly all the things the doomsayers said came true. If Bumblebee hadn't been where it was in production, the movies at least could end up done. Bumblebee by contrast did well and saved the movies. And it did it by not being a Bayformers. It wasn't just that it was a smaller more heartfelt story. It really wasn't the G1 stuff, as nice as that was. It was because it didn't fall into the same issues that were plaguing Bayformers, and it refreshed the franchise.

Big epic Badass is increadibly shallow too. While they didn't always portary it, the G1 concept was he's the little guy who worries he's holding everyone back because he's not that big and strong, but in fact he inspires them because hes brave and his heart is so big.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee at this point has been a superhero type in far more media than he's been "the runt of litter" though. If someone likes Bumblebee there is a higher chance of them being someone that grew up on the 2007 movie than they are of being a 40 to 50 year old who had him as their childhood favorite. "Supposed to be the little cute guy" is not a safe statement to make.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So long as this follows on from the success of Bumblebee, and doesn\'t go down the rut that the bayverse ended up in, I\'ll gladly watch this.

Kinda wish maximals and preds had there own film but maybe this is to test the movie waters for these chaeactwrs before giving them there own film.

Kinda hope to see Abominus seen as though the 5th faction is the Terrocons. Will be interesting to see how they fit 5 factions in this film.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TBH, I didn't mind the movie designs... my main gripe would be how bland the decos were, rarely matching their classic schemes at all... Admittedly, they were also needlessly complex at times. AOE even said **** it and created Transformium that let bots go from bot to vehicle mode by means of a cloud of the stuff.

That said... Bee made nice designs that were a bit simpler despite keeping with the aesthetic once they all hit Earth... But I would love if they use the Cybertron designs moving forward, since it harkens to G1 while still having a bit of the movie verse in it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Personally, even if Bumblebee flopped, it wouldn't have been the end of the films. Delayed them a couple of years, sure, but the cat was out of the bag. Brian Goldner's entire career in relation to Hasbro was founded upon the first film, pretty much his entire plan as being the CEO was to turn Hasbro into effectively his own miniature version of Disney with Transformers leading the forefront.

Just look at how many times Hasbro has tried to get a cinematic franchise, a multiversal crossover, or both simultaneously going. Unit-E, the TFCU, the Hasbro Cinematic Universe, hell even the abysmal Jem film which reportedly torpedoed five years worth of merchandising and brand support because the film had to be pulled after only two weeks in theatres.

The only way we're going to see the movies stop is if Goldner steps down from being CEO and his replacement is rabidly against the films. Or a revolt from the shareholders.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

At this point and after the latest announcements, it seems like that's just about the only possible event that might lead to some drastic change in the live action movie front. If TLK wasn't enough to do it...

• Like Like x 1
  10. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But does Bumblebee always have to be that cute little character? Can he grow and become something more. Like 13 year old Naruto Uzamaki in the first series vs 15 year old Naruto maturing a bit in Shippuden to Naruto as a father in the Boruto series.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Nah, Lorenzo getting the boot would be far more effective in the short term with absolutely zero drawbacks.

Seriously, he is literally the only one who absolutely refuses to let bayverse die and embrace the new continuity.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Maybe if this movie turns out to be another TLK or worse, then... But, apparently, people seem hyped to see their favourites crammed together at random and in name only... :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

I mean, we’ve gotten that for the past 14 years

14. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Really, REALLY iffy on this.

It sounds too good to be true, but to me it just sounds like they are biting off more than they chew and I don't think it will do well honestly. They are introducing WAY TOO MANY new elements that most average viewers won't know shit about except for us die hards and that has me concerned that they will either dumb it down or rush it horribly to fit it all in.

They are definitely going into an interesting direction that actually has me back interested in the mainline movies again, but it just feels like too much. I honestly think this movie will make or break the mainline series as it will either rejuvenate the franchise or completely sink it. I think a lot of people are in the fence after TLK and Bumblebee and it really feels like they are throwing in everything they got to try and please everyone.

Some characters sound good so far while others are... iffy. The fact they have Optimus and Optimus Primal in the same series means they got a lot of explaining to do because I know the casual fans will be lost as shit when they introduce them and like three new factions and how they play in with the Autobots and Decepticons.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i miss when transformers was about actual war and not the cybertronians somehow finding out they're not just 5 people, fighting for the cosmic thing, meeting a new and distinct group of bad and/or good guys, and then rinse and repeat. we've been going in the same circle since prime, but it started with... energon, maybe? armada had the minicons but there was still an overarching bigger plot to them, but energon jumped from macguffin to macguffin. so did prime. and every movie except for bumblebee.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

And? It doesn't change the versions are different and many people hate bcs "tHeY aRe dIfFeReNt"
    A triple changer? Or his toys will be amazing or they'll be a nightmare, or we'll never get a damn triple changer toy of him bcs until today Hasbro didn't even try to make ones of Shatter and Dropkick
    I miss too. I just don't remember when it happened besides cybertron games and comics. Most continuities are about a group of bots and cons fighting and when there are many bots it doesn't feel like war
    To begin with it'd be good if they explained those camouflage tech which allow them to turn into biological stuff
    Unless they aren't going for this route, and they put something like tf can scan and turn into any shit they want even animals
    Or they do like they always did just putting a different transformer without any explication. Like, BOOOM GORILLA, BOOM DRAGOON, BOOM BANANA
    And imagine the movie having story enough to tell why Optimus Primal has a similar name and face to Optimus Prime and where tf he comes from
    And why he's monke

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  17. OptimusPrime10

OptimusPrime10 Well-Known Member

He's always undersized relative to the powerful warriors and more recently is handicapped with an inability to speak. He might have been more undersized before, but to say he's somehow gone from underdog to overdog is madness. He was crippled in one movie, basically cheapshotted Megatron in Prime, survived Blitzwing because he monologued, and got lucky to not die at the end of Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

What's he doing to not let Bayverse die tho? I see very little Bayverse stuff in this movie besides they trying to make 3 movies in one
    So, in the movies he's still the cute, yellow character that appeals to kids smh. I mean people around there say he's cute but I don't find it much. I mean, he was more brutal than Optimus. In anyway people still liked him in tfp being way less violent but still different of G1. It's like UT Megatrons and any other, smh they still are Megatron, play this hole very well but they are totally different. And it happens everywhere tho, see MCU Mandarim and Yellow Jacket

19. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a subset of people in this board that choose to believe Lorenzo is some kind of conniving egomaniac bent on ruining the movies because now that Michael Bay is gone they needed a new "guy that is the reason the movies are bad" to shake a stick at, since it is more comforting to have a readily villain instead of accepting the scary truth behind "no one in Paramount understands how to make a good movie and Hasbro doesn't either, they just get lucky sometimes".

• Like Like x 13
  20. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

On a related note, can we stop using "Rise of the ... " in movie titles after this one? Like, all movies, not just Transformers movies. Like, just name the whatevers you're going to introduce in this one and move on.

Please and thank you.

• Like Like x 2