Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

So where would I find a thread where people talk about the movie instead of "grr this movie sucks based on a few character details," the other 5 bad movies, and literally everything else aside from the movie

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    At this point, between the announcement and the comments from the director, I think you can get a pretty good idea of what this movie is going to be.

It seems to be a movie that is trying to blend Generation 1, Beast Wars, Michael Bay Transformers and add on top of that characterization of the robots, particularly Optimus Prime. We don't know if it will be successful or not but we know the director is going to try with passion. Quite frankly I hope he is successful.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. It's silly to hate concepts on a base level when the concept itself is not the reason the media was bad. Bay films being bad had nothing to do with Bee being a Camaro.

It would be like inherently hating a new cartoon because you didn't like Armada and the new show features a Megatron with giant horns, even though Megatron's design had absolutely nothing to do with the show's quality.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    SHIT. Was this confirmed that it's the same writing team?? It's bad enough Bonaventura is still involved.

5. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

You're shit out of luck, my friend. This is TFW2005.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not a god, he's a demigod, and their own movies disproved how "godly" they actually are. They're just really old aliens with a lot of power and strength. Period. The humor comes from the darkness, it's a coping mechanism for most and Thor is one of those people who doesn't get it until he's bonked upside the head a couple of times. Plus, humor is one of Taika Waititi's strengths. Thor Ragnorok is considered a favorite by many people because it is so funny and it's a genuinely solid film that focuses on one person to a handful of characters and never loses sight of that. Sure, it was part of the bigger picture, but it was still somewhat self-contained and worked in that container and the humor is top-notch. Thor *is* goofy and arrogance makes people look stupid. Thor learned his lesson, though, he's broken and beaten. Y'all got what you wanted.

It's Lorenzo DiBonaventura... The man doesn't have to come right out and say things, now, because he said them for a decade and stuck to his guns and we got Bayverse because of it. He was still spouting the same garbage during Bumblebee's hype and both Paramount and Hasbro repeatedly contradicted him. Knight outright did where and when he could. No, it wasn't as simple as "Lorenzo's a liar, here's what's actually happening behind the scenes..." but it was more akin to Lorenzo could be expected to say something like... (and this next part never happened, for clarification's sake, but things of this nature did happen when Lorenzo was countered on his bull.) "Bumblebee's going to be purple in this film because we haven't tried it before, so we thought we'd give that a shot. That was my choice!" and the director's all like "Oh, no. Bumblebee will always be yellow. We wouldn't do that." and then Lorenzo would come back and say "Uh, yeah. Bumblebee's a yellow guy, always has been, always will be. Purple's just my favorite color is all."

His words constantly undermine what they're going to do with a film before it's finished. When the finished product isn't what he wanted, we get Bumblebee. When he exerts influence and gets what he wants, we get Bayverse. The way this is shaping up, the things being said, sounds an awful lot like Bayverse has infected it somewhat. Lorenzo wants what he wants when he wants it and if he gets his way at all (which it's starting to sound like he is with the talks of scale and whatnot), it's going to suck.

He never has to come right out and say "I want all that back", he doesn't have to.

We'll see how that goes... I'm cautiously pessimistic.

One out of six movies wasn't what was promised and it surprised us all and it worked. Every time Lorenzo DiBonaventura opens his mouth or we see him attached t it in any way, shape, or form it causes a lot of us to wince and shudder. None of us have high hopes for this movie, not really, when his name or Bay's is heard. Had they just stuck with it being a sequel to Knightverse, flat out, and just stayed the course with that... A lot of us would be a lot more positive about this movie. I hope to be wrong, I really do, but I have zero excitement or desire for this flick.

I just want another good film akin to Bumblebee, is that really so much to ask after all this time? FFS, TFTM is a terrible movie (it's only beloved because of nostalgia and growing up with it, but as films goes, it's awful.), the Bayverse just got worse and worse and added elements that hadn't been there before and others that didn't need to be there (less said about AOE, the better), and Bumblebee was left to carry the series in a new direction they themselves seemingly haven't fully committed to. Is it so terrible for you to see us disappointed because we've been burned in the past and have no faith in their words?

Empathy, man. Try it, sometime.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Thankfully, Krueger does not appear to be involved. He's attached to Top Gun: Maverick but the only other recent writing credit he has before that is for that Dumbo remake.

8. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

What I hate about you is that you don't understand what I say or you change it. It's like you couldn't read
    Really did you read everything!? Did I say the humor made the movie bad!?
    I couldn't find myself saying hating the movie this much. I just said the comedy is exagerated
    The difference is the Guardians of the Galaxy have always been those clowns and Thor not. He makes jokes alright but in Ragnarok he made more than never

The thing is that TF is about it. I mean, look to G1, BW, Unicron Trilogy and the movies. Damm, mainly UT, we had totally new characters. But the thing of Bumblebee is that he's so liked and famous the movie version is even more famous than the OG. I'm not saying it was better I personally prefer G1 Bee bcs movie Bee is totally bland to me, but he isn't like a Deadpool that everyone hates and no one remembers (really I just remember Raimi Venom and Wolv movie Deadpool if you mention the movies)
    Dang I didn't know the guy. Looks terrible. I hope he doesn't do shit here

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Oh, crap... Some of the TLK team does have a hand in this one. "Earlier script" it says, but still... Yikes, I hope it's not true.

10. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

I just don't understand how Scourge and Nightbird are Terrorcons but both turn into vehicles, I thought Terrorcons would be beats here. and when it was said Scourge was like his UT version did they mean what?

11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Were they even thinking about a sequel to Bumblebee back then? I doubt there's much influence from the writers table aside from really broad things like having Optimus Primal in general, etc. From what I can tell, it seems like Joby made the script a year or two ago and there were some rewrites afterwards from additional writers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    "What I hate about you" Great way to start another part of the conversation with someone. If you hate anything about him, just block him, you're never going to get anywhere with one another and there's no point in hating someone over the internet because they like something you don't. And don't use the method of conversation as the reason for hating him (or anything about him), come right out and admit you hate him because he doesn't like what you like and he's poking holes in your argument.

For goodness sake, people... This is a movie about toys, based on toys, and people are hating on one another because of all of this. That's what's really going on at the core of all of this. This is why people walk away from the fandom a lot of the time, these days. Y'all drive people to quit because they're tired of the fighting, the hatred, the discord. (That's equal for both sides of an argument, especially here. Just because we might be Geewunners doesn't mean we're off the hook, here, either.)

If our lives are so pathetic that we can start a discussion like that above... It's time for all of us to stop being that, myself included. This is really sucking the life out of everything.

Uh...

*points to bolded parts* You don't have to come right out and say it made it bad, you make it clear with your words what you thought of it.

I couldn't find myself saying hating the movie this much. I just said the comedy is exagerated

Again...
    Already explained to you in a previous response. Again, don't worry, he's been broken down and beaten. You guys got what you wanted. His joy is pretty much gone, which will take away all of the fun for the audience. Congrats.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are not the G1 Terrorcons, they seem to be a gang of hunters that just happen to reuse the trademarked Terrorcon name.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    You sure are acting like it.

That's like saying 7 is a number higher than another number, then not actually saying what that other number is. You can't simply say vague things and then not give a concrete answer because then there's no frame of reference.

The favored daughter of Thanos is a clown? Actually, both daughters of Thanos are clowns since both have had membership in the movies? Oh, yeah, and you know who ALSO is a member as of Endgame?

THOR. And he wants to be the LEADER. Leader of the clowns apparently going off what you've said.

Yeah...you really are just digging that hole deeper man.

He's the yellow kid appeal character, if you haven't noticed every single major incarnation of this brand has had that.

Hell, the one from UT; Hot Shot, WAS Bumblebee until they ran into trademark issues.

[​IMG]

The Bumblebee film itself originated out of that napalm-fueled dumpster fire that was the TLK Writers room so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, TLK's script was a shitshow because it was even admitted to have been frankenstiened out of what Bay and Lorenzo liked AFTER the Writer's Room was completed, so we don't know how much the secondary players had to do with the final TLK film.

Cybertron Scourge, leader of the Jungle Planet.
    [​IMG]
    Scourge (Cybertron) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 4
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's likely that the Terrorcons will be filled with both Beast formers and vehicle formers from likely every faction from the info we've gotten and would explain why some Terrorcons look reptillain as a result because some of them are beast formers/dragon formers. Scourge himself may possibly be a triple changer in which he can be both a dragon and a truck when needed which does explain his smoke stacks and design elements of Cybertron Scourge and TFP Predaking along with how he can be ay many locations to hunt his pray without drawing in unwanted attention.

It'd also be a great nod to both RID01 Scourge and Cybertron Scourge by doing the triple changer angle.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, from what it sounds like, he'll be a combination from past incarnations: truck mode from RID, dragon mode from Cybertron (and if not an additional mode, just extra dragon-like armor and color), and some elements from G1 like facial hair.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It honestly sounds to me like the movie staff just googled "Scourge Transformers" and grabbed everything they saw and fused it.

Quickly, let's google Mirage and figure out what he'll look like.

• Like Like x 5
  18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It kind of sounds like how they put these movies together, too.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Hey, at least they seem to being researching then. I'll take some researching over than blindly making whatever they want and nameslaping it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh god, I actualy did it and there are more pictures of the DOTM character that was called Dino in the final film than G1 Mirage himself. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since the G1 character wasn't very important, but still took me off guard.
    It reminds me of ROTF Jetfire, who combined with Optimus like Armada and "switched sides" like the G1 one but was also his own thing.

• Like Like x 2