Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If I can remember correctly, there were seven Autobots coming down to Earth at the end of Bumblebee. So, it'd make sense if there are around nine Autobots (those seven plus Bee and Optimus), in the movie, right? Well, that's if they actually remember that scene exists.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not all those Bots have to necessarily be from the Cybertron scene. Prime told them to gather the others who are scattered across the galaxy. So the ones we see at the end of Bumblebee are the ones who were able to find others and make it to Earth. The rest may still be in space searching for others or just simply got killed.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh it's like if you insisted that Venom from Spiderman 3 was carried forward into all the new Spiderman Movies or if Deadpool from the Wolverine Movie (the one with no mouth and baraka claws) should be carried over into the next installment and when Spiderman fans and Deadpool fans complain you call them comic nerds.

• Like Like x 3
  4. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fully know that this is going to be mediocre at best, but I can't help but be excited about it. The little kid in me is completely overriding logic here. I know we didn't get any BW Masterpieces this year, but it has been/will be a damn good few years for Beast Wars. 3rd party companies starting shitting out figures like hot cakes, we got to share an official toy line, a tv show, a comic series, and now we're getting a movie with beasts.

giphy.gif

• Like Like x 3
  5. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    And Ehren Krueger

• Like Like x 1
  6. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

News Credits:
    Bro, first, are those 2 versions liked by anyone? I mean if someone likes them it's a huge minority. And the problem in those movies isn't design. You can't compare Peterbilt Optimus, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Ironhide and the 2 characters you mentioned. And we are not talking about putting them in every continuity, btw it's exacly what G1 does. Don't you see around there every new cartoon recycling those G1 designs with nothing new unlike every 2010 continuity (not only movies) used to do? I'm not talking to use some hated design like Starscream or Que here, it's about Bee being a badass Chevrolet Camaro which is way cooler than a Beetle

Exacly. You couldn't have said better

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Of course Lorenzo goes for the safe answer, probably the only one character he actually remembers and only because there's a movie named after him.

Can't see it? There's literally entire sequences of the villain MURDERING PEOPLE in that film! Please, tell me how much humor is going on during Hela making absolutely short work of the three heroes who, in the previous Thor film, had an entire sequence showing off how badass they were.

You're acting like because the film had humor period that it somehow suddenly made the extremely dark plot be watered down. You point to the Marvel films in general because that's the kind of thing you want, but I don't think you can actually articulate what about that humor it is you like and why Ragnarok somehow goes too far.

It's because Bonaventura is a hack who really just seems to want to ride any trend he sees and wants to ride the bandwagon. King Arthur? Super hyped up film which is why he rode that one, simply because of the possibility that the whole stupid knights thing was going to work (keep in mind Game of Thrones was still also a thing because nobody knew Season 8 was going to happen). TLK itself is full of such knockoffs, it's no mistake that you have this girl character being hyped and her pal is this comical little robot buddy...because Star Wars was pushing Rey and BB-8 at the same time.

All Bonaventura knows is fad chasing at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Take it from someone who hates the Michael Bay Transformers, there is plenty of room for all of us in this movie. I'm willing to accept some Michael Bay Concepts if it means we can get G1 and Beast Wars concepts as well. So long as the story is not limited by the Michael Bay movies.

• Like Like x 10
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there is no Bayverse, great. Problem is, that's playing games with the audience and they won't take kindly to it. They need to make a clean break and just be honest with people. This pussyfooting around the story is just ridiculous at this point. There's nothing wrong with admitting TLK was an outright disaster and learning from it. I don't understand how people sell their souls and integrity, as well as their sense, over a buck. After a while of the lies, they themselves start to believe their own garbage. I honestly don't mind Bumblebee being a Camaro, that part doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Worst things?
    -Extended battle sequences that go on forever while pummeling your eyes and ears.
    -Nonsensical story elements that have loose ends that never, ever get tied up anywhere.
    -Human focus taking up 90% of the film.
    -Sexuality and the female form being half-dressed in a lot of scenes.
    -Stupid as stupid can be when it comes to the characters and the story.
    -No quiet moments, yet somehow incredibly BORING.

Successful Bumblebee things?
    -Just the right size battle scenes and slick sequences.
    -While parts of it were nonsensical because you could tell it was originally a prequel to Bayverse, other 98% of the film made sense and told a story properly.
    -There was still too much human focus in some scenes, but the Transformers were at least present in some way, not just taking a backseat in their own film.
    -ZERO sexuality in the film. It's not needed, it made the film classier and elevated the franchise to a new height because of it being removed.
    -Ended up being a simple, but absolutely sensible film. No stupidity, no bad writing to connect a bunch of action scenes, but an actual story.
    -Quiet, contemplative moments, yet not outright boring. (Admittedly, a little draggy in the end of the second act/beginning of the third) Still plenty of room for action and adventure.

Lorenzo wants the success of Bumblebee wrapped in a Bayverse package and those days are dead and gone. Bayverse was destroyed by its own captain when he steered the helm into WTF?! territory. None of the films made sense when strung together, but my gosh, they just got more and more disconnected as they went on and any connective tissue that remained was zombified by the end of that five-movie run.

Can't be sure they'll remember it. Lorenzo and Bay told Knight that it was basically okay not to hold onto continuity and more or less "just do your own thing, kinda" and that's not how this works at all. I don't know why they can't take advice from Paramount and follow the old Star Trek movies method. While it was different visually, it didn't completely piss all over what came before it, it enhanced some of it and looked great along the way. I mean, there was a trilogy inside the entire series of films, while still being a major part of the whole and not just itself. All of the Bayverse films were exactly the opposite and that's how they ultimately failed. Even people got tired of the awe and wow factor of the robots. The CGI wasn't going to save the movies after a certain point and that turned out to be true a lot quicker than we expected.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GrimlockPrime19

News Credits:
    You just have to go around internet and read the criticism about that movie. The negative thing most talked was the ass humor and how much there was. Really, Thor looked more a comedian than a god. There was a joke in every scene or he was playing dumb. I'm not saying that movie is bad bcs that isn't, but the comedy there went way worse than most Marvel movies

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And Deadpool was badass with laser eyes, teleportation, bone claws and just like Bumblebee he had his voice taken away. Is your point still standing?

• Like Like x 3
  12. GrimlockPrime19

News Credits:
    I get it, but are you saying it based on what? I mean it's not possible he stated he want all that shit back. The good things like some designs I can understand, but this much doesn't make sense
    He was, but did anyone liked that? And he was badass, for what cost? That ugly thing. The story is totally different with Bumblebee being a camaro. In anyway, what are the arguments to say a Beetle is better than a Camaro here besides "CaMaRo iS bAy sTuFf sO iT's bAd". I'm totally indifferent about him being a Camaro or a Beetle, just like I didn't hate him being a VW in his movie. So what's your problem here?

Again, there is room for everyone here and every continuity has fans and good things. It isn't bcs you don't like that which it doesn't have anything to offer. Remember Blitzwing, Bumblebee Shatter and Dropkick were made aimed at the Bay line of design and were great. Just don't put shitty and incoherent story

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This thread went from page 17 to page 55 overnight. Won't bother reading it all, but it's good to see the passion still there on the boards.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the Fallen falls again?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

I hate how people predict the movie it’s gonna be like this without fucking seeing it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Transformers 2 2: Fall of the Risen Fallen

• Like Like x 6
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yes, the film currently holding a 87% Audience score and a 93% critic score on Rotten Tomatoes was bad because of the humor.

It's actually difficult to find reviews that actually hate this film the way you're describing, the only one I can really find that hates it not only explicitly is focused entirely on the humor but seems more upset about the fact Chris Hemsworth's 'manliness' is getting trashed because Valkyrie is a good character and Tom Hiddleston Loki exists.

Plus, I've actually seen it, and the humor is far more mature than say, GOTG1 where you have entire scenes stop on a dime for the sake of a joke like the 'Who is Star Lord' at the beginning and the fact Ronan is stopped from nuking everything because of Star Lord dancing purely to buy time.

No you don't understand, he likes THAT version of Deadpool, despite being nothing like Deadpool (aside from being the same actor IIRC), because that version WASN'T a constant source of 4th wall breaking jokes and, y'know, the reason everybody actually LIKES the Merc with a Mouth given how he's a pretty rampant and unapologetic asshole to literally everything except his girlfriend.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

So where would I find a thread where people talk about the movie instead of "grr this movie sucks based on a few character details," the other 5 bad movies, and literally everything else aside from the movie

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    At this point, between the announcement and the comments from the director, I think you can get a pretty good idea of what this movie is going to be.

It seems to be a movie that is trying to blend Generation 1, Beast Wars, Michael Bay Transformers and add on top of that characterization of the robots, particularly Optimus Prime. We don't know if it will be successful or not but we know the director is going to try with passion. Quite frankly I hope he is successful.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. It's silly to hate concepts on a base level when the concept itself is not the reason the media was bad. Bay films being bad had nothing to do with Bee being a Camaro.

It would be like inherently hating a new cartoon because you didn't like Armada and the new show features a Megatron with giant horns, even though Megatron's design had absolutely nothing to do with the show's quality.

• Like Like x 2