Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a plot leak.

the Predacons disappeared millions of years ago, after their leader Megatron, looking for the golden disks vanished into the ice. Now the new Terracons are searching for their leader when he was accidentally awakened by humans beneath the basement of the Hoover Dam, where the previous megatron was kept. :D 

2. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...well if this one explicitly ties into the michael bay films, i'll lose all interest in watching it: what a fumble that would be after bumblebee...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

Where did u get this from?

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Optimus Prime is the lead character and his alt mode is an upgraded version of the G1 look from the Bumblebee movie. Think Bee Movie earth mode, with a gray torso, gray windshield flaps, and grey upper shoulder parts that lead into the smokestacks. Peter Cullen will once again resume his voice acting duties. This will show how Optimus becomes the leader he was in Bay movies. Why does he have connection to Earth, humans."

The bolded doesn't really inspire me with confidence, that someone involved in production keeps trying to push these movies as connected to the bay movies. Other than that, cautiously optimistic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

When I read the quotes from this press release, I found this hilarious: Caple almost seems to know whatever Bonovetura says is like the explosion of a nuclear bomb and tries to mitigate the damage.

Like, Bonovetura says that this movie will be a return to form to Bay-splosions instead of what Bumblebee was doing while Caple instead carefully uses the words "spectacle and character" - almost reminds me of Travis Knight in a way.

Bonaventura then keeps referencing Bayformers while Caple almost seems to actively avoid referencing Bay and keeps the timeline and continuity ambiguous.

Bono then talks about how Optimus is going to transition into what he is in the Bay films while Caple is keeping it vague with stuff like "the Optimus we know".

I feel like there were creative differences between Bonovetura and Knight when I read and watched stuff behind the scenes, but I think this is even more telling. Might be me overthinking things, but I just find this observation funny.

• Like Like x 24
  6. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Yes, seeing "A di Bonaventura Pictures Production" worries the shit out of me. Because I remember the interviews with him during the time that both The Last Knight and Bumblebee came out, and it was quite clear which he liked. Good grief man, the freaking actual King Arthur movie bombed so hard, why do you keep talking like a cameo by the character somehow is a big thing in a Transformers movie? Hopefully his influence will be minimal, cause if it ain't all the shit that went from stale to obnoxious in the Bayformers movies is gonna be front and center, and all the things that saved the movies in Bumblebee is gonna be gone.

• Like Like x 16
  7. TheAirWolf

TheAirWolf Well-Known Member

I really hope the movie is good because I want some Masterpiece figures coming out of this. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not good interpretation of any version of Prime or the long running themes of the character throughout Transformers history.

9. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think theyre trying to do their own cinematic universe of sorts, this is an origin story for the Beast characters, and their sequel will divest of the main Autobot/Decepticon storyline.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I like it. In fact, I love it!

Right out of the bat I see the logo that has been Trans(SYMBOL)Formers all my life is now stupidly changed to TransF(SYMBOL)rmers. I couldn't think of a better way to remind myself that this movie is not for me. Very effective. Fuck it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    TFW in a nutshell.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah definitely. I had a nervous reaction to the press release at first but I have definitely warmed up to it thanks to the director's words and passion. He made a lot of statements that definitely excited me Such as Optimus Prime being an "expat" / refugee from the Bumblebee movie. That was kind of the vibe I got from the Bumblebee movie that the Autobots were refugees escaping a war that they clearly lost on Cybertron.

To me this tells me is not a reluctant custodian like Michael Bay was. Rather someone who respects the core material and is willing to dive deep into it to pull not only great designs but also personality characteristics of the Transformers.

Also it helps a lot that he said one of his favorite characters is Ironhide :D !

13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I'm all in. All the way. Yes please, give it to me.

Here's the deal folks. I have watched Beast Wars now... damn, probably getting pretty close to double digits now. I've watched the full series again and again. I've shown it to friends. I've written long paragraphs analyzing the characters. I've written my own Beast Wars movie proposals (and honestly, my movie pitches would probably be more well received overall).

But none of that matters here. You see, I'm ALWAYS going to have that. No matter what, that show exists and it's mine. My takes, my thoughts, my feelings on the show are all mine. My childhood memories of watching it and playing with the toys are mine. They can never take that away from me.

No matter what they do, I will always have the original show.

This movie is going to be very different. Obviously. We are Maximals and Autobots together. It takes place in the 90s. It has humans.
    They are going to look and probably sound different.

And it's all okay. It's GOOD. The Bumblebee movie did not adapt any plotlines from the original show. It was closer to Iron Giant than G1. And yet, it was a good movie. This film may not be like the Beast Wars show, but that doesn't mean it can't possibly be a good film. It doesn't mean it can't inspire new fans.

You know what this movie WILL bring? New Beast Wars toys. New Beast Wars merchendise. OFFICIAL Maximal t-shirts.

And new fans.

New fans who will want to see where it all came from.

And if this proves popular, we will get new shows. Some may be terrible, but if they try enough times they might hit something special, like Transformers: Animated.

We need to keep an open mind and an open heart.

Personally, I cannot wait to pick up Movie Optimus Primal from the store.

• Like Like x 3
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    That sounds right. Seeing the initial list makes me think they're starting with Primal/Rhinox/Airazor as the core beast cast and will grow from there.

15. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    movie sounds all well and good, but man I'm really tired of movies with the subtitle "Rise of ___"

We have Star Wars Rise of Skywalker, Terminator Rise of the Machines, Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer, Minions Rise of Gru, GI Joe Rise of Cobra and 300 Rise of an Empire. Could throw in Dark Knight Rises and Rise of the Planet of the Apes in there too to be pedantic.

HOLLYWOOD PLEASE STOP RISING

• Like Like x 7
  16. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Exactly. I saw the Japanese title as Beast Awakening and thought that was much better.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    My local collectors group was contacted by our local Paramount representatives to be sure we promote the premiere date in Peru that will be in June 23, 2022 a day before the official world premiere. Yay!

• Like Like x 7
  18. MrBoombastiqueFantastique

MrBoombastiqueFantastique Banned

No.

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    1: Someone call Big Hurt and tell him to stop sending Extenze.
    2: Remix of Phat Planet or go home Paramount.
    3: Cyber udders. That is all.

20. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Not to be an asshole, but could you use commas, points and stuff to separate the sentences?
    It is a form of respect towards the interlocutor.

• Like Like x 3