Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    He also brought up G1 Prime I think he brought up Bay Prime to kind of show how he want to explore a different aspect of the character.

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the characters they’re using, but sounds like it’s going to be absolutely bloated. I hope they can deliver. Please not another TLK.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, he spoke for me. I thought Travis was pretty good but Caple, wow. To be honest, that's all you have to do to guarantee my ticket. I really don't need to see anything else. His heart is in the right place on this.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Sounds like some villains are definitely living through this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I mean, he can think whatever he wants. They aren't the same character, though. They're two completely different continuities.

6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Exactly!

So yes I agree they are VERY different, but they are the same character just two different interpretations. And believe me I hate Bay Optimus, but I understand what he is saying. The essence is the same, which I don’t agree with, but I get it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is on you to consider it a fuck up though. Some of us don't really mind it and consider Transformer's volative existence part of the fun. I genuinely find it amusing to see all the differences between bearers of the same name.

And even ignoring that, I think your worries seem like worries that just flat out do not need to exist, because "Oh no they made this guy a Porsche" doesn't magically mean G1 inspired Jazz will never appear again since in this same film we have a G1 inspired Arcee who is a bike instead of a car, a random seeker being called Blitzwing on his toy box (but NEVER in the movie proper) doesn't mean a tank jet triple changer Blitzwing will never happen, hell we've had two separate robots being called Devastator on-screen and only one of them was actualy a combiner made out of construction machines, these name usages don't really stop characters from appearing properly later on even before the soft reboot, if a director that holds any of those characters dear appears and wants to use the, they will simple use them.

8. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I think this explains why the studio series is making the intro characters from Bumblebee, because this isn't another reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    More like:
    Having a likable character and a design that translates well into a toy will be a critical and commercial success with both the fandom and the general public.
    Reminder that this is what happens when you completely disregard the “transforming” part of transformers
    upload_2021-6-23_14-3-4.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Jacliffh

Jacliffh Well-Known Member

They’ve been really creative with their names recently haven’t they
    CCD015DF-76D5-4680-988B-4AD2F627860E.jpeg

• Like Like x 28
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ah shit....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

So, my initial thoughts:

- This movie does seem like it has a lot of factions in it. Like, assuming the Decepticons are actually in it as well, that's five factions. It feels like the Maximals/Predacons/Terrorcons stuff should be their own movie or at least one or two of them should be cut instead of trying to force Beast Wars and G1 together so soon like this. Like how many 'bots are going to appear for each faction? I thought the cast seemed kind of small but otherwise the cast might become too bloated. Like if it was maybe the Autobots and Decepticons teaming up against the Terrorcons, or the Maximals and the Predacons teaming up against the Terrorcons, that would be one thing. But all together? I feel like a lot is either going to be left undercooked, rushed, or the movie will feel overstuffed. I'd rather just get a Beast Wars movie and a traditional TF movie together.

- If the Predacons are all reptiles...well, then are we getting any of the traditional Preds? It sounds like the Terrorcons are going to come off more like the Predacons so I wonder what they're going to be doing here.

- So the movie is going to be Optimus Prime going from his G1 self to the Decepticon Kill Happy leader from the Bay movies? I hope for something better than that. I also hope Peter Cullen has a better experience recording dialogue than he did for Bumblebee.

- Is Mirage acting like Crosshairs going to make people think he's a traitor? It's too bad they killed Cliffjumper off. I hope he still has his traditional colors and can go invisible.

- So if Arcee is a motorcylce again, does that mean she's going to be smaller or we're getting mass-shifting? I hope they keep Grey Griffin as her voice.

- Isn't Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal in the same movie...kind of redundant? Like, if it was in a crossover sense, sure, but introducing Primal in a movie focused on Prime just seems kind of weird. Like, without that aspect of Primal being a descendant of Prime, why are their names so similar?

- Admittedly the fact that they "smiled" when asked about getting Beast Wars VA's back makes me slightly optimistic they might actually try and get some of them back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    transformers: rise of shareholder faith

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bumblebee was good and solo was bad, does that mean rise of the beasts will be good since the rise of skywalker was bad?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    does that mean the last knight or the last jedi is good?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I really don't care about the movie. I'm just here to say that title art on the main page is AWESOME! I love the font that is highlighted with the yellow/orange color in the title. Very cool!

17. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rise of Skywalker’s terribleness is a very unique cocktail. I don’t think it can be replicated.

18. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Both were absolutely garbage.

• Like Like x 4
  19. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    This is exciting news, perhaps an even more exciting aspect to ponder,.....the toys, imagine Rise of the Beast toys!!!!

20. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like a mix match movie.

• Like Like x 1