Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

Bro your reading too much into it calm down.

• Like Like x 3
  2. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    probably, hes said to be a porsche 911 so probably he'll look like jazz in vehicle mode and mirage in robot mode.

3. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

Math was not my friend today :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  4. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    i mean, its called "rise of the beasts" so maybe this movie will set things up for a future beast wars-centric sequel down the line

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    This one?
    [​IMG]

Or this one?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    probably the second one, maybe with some sponsorships along the sides as well

7. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

I don't like it. I grew up an Armada kid here but generally speaking I feel the Beast Wars cast deserves their own movie and not have to share the screen with G1 Optimus whose learnign how to be a leader in this movie? Okay...

Have no idea how they're going to make this work timeline-wise given the Maximals and Predacons were from the future and landed in the past yet the movie takes place in 1994.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Based on the descriptions of all the vehicles and that they're going for a more modified look this time, I'm guessing Mirage is going to be a race car or Safari-style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  9. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

I personally want the top one, but not fussed. Something doesn’t have to be exactly g1 to look cool.

10. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a wasted opportunity, Jazz would've rocked that, assuming the vehicle isn't modified.

11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here are some alternative character descriptions with more detail:

Optimus Prime
    The Autobot Leader returns and will take the center stage in this film (just as Bumblebee was the focus of the Bumblebee movie). In this film we will see Optimus Prime come to adopt Earth as a second home and learn to care for its inhabitants. This film will get beneath his "stoicism" to see what makes him tick a bit more than previous films.

His updated form will be a riff off both G1 Optimus Prime and the model seen in the Bumblebee movie. The concept art appeared a bit sleeker and while he is boxy, director Caple Jr. made it a point to mention that his design allows him to move freely without looking awkward.

Bumblebee
    Bumblebee will appear in the film but not as the lead character as he has in most Transformers films. His alt-mode concept art was revealed as an off-road version of his retro Camaro form. The wheels are much larger, raising the car up quite a bit and they come out to the side more. A cage is attached to the front, leading to the windshield and then on the top of the car. The cage includes extra headlights in front and on the top. Caple Jr. mentioned that like G1 designs, the robot mode would feature bits of the vehicle form but he was not specific how.

Arcee
    Riffing off her appearance in the Bumblebee movie, Arcee's robot form looks like a mash up between her G1 and Energon forms. Her form is curved and lithe, but she features vehicle mode parts such as wheels hanging off the back of her. The wheels (or wheel halves?) are on the back of her lower body. Her head design is very G1 which was a joy to see. She is mostly red and white. Arcee transforms into a Ducati 916 motorcycle.

Caple Jr. indicated he wanted a strong female character in the film and Arcee fit the bill perfectly, and it helps that she was introduced in Bumblebee. Fans who were not happy with her end in Revenge of the Fallen (assuming we're even in the same continuity) will likely prefer this portrayal.

Mirage
    Mirage is an Autobot, but he is also a bit of an outlaw and very "anti-authority". It was mentioned he would stir up trouble for the Autobots. His alt-mode will be a Porsche 911, featuring silver and blue colors. This is an interesting choice as this mode is most often associated with Autobot Jazz. Though I suppose an F-1 race car would not exactly be inconspicuous. It will also be interesting to see if Hasbro managed to get permission to make a toy of the Porsche 911, something the company has denied for years.

Nightbird
    Nightbird is that wild card in war that you cannot fully understand. She has switched sides (presumably from the Decepticons) to the Terrorcons, and now acts as Scourge's second in command.

Nightbird's robot design features some G1 Nightbird elements, most notably the head that looks like she is wearing a hood and a purple/black/dark grey color scheme. Her concept art showed her carrying a Katana sword in one hand and two blades on her other forearm. There are some sharp blade like details on her, but she also definitely features some alt-mode kibble in robot mode. Nightbird transforms into a Nissan GTR.

Scourge
    Scourge is the prideful leader of the Terrorcons. He is also a collector, who hunts Autobots and Maximals alike then rips off their faction symbols and integrates them into his own body. The Terrorcons are their own faction, not aligned with the Decepticons or Predacons. They are a threat to everyone in the universe. The Terrorcons are described as "reptilian" in nature and Caple Jr. mentioned we have seen Transformers like them before in previous films (perhaps the Dreads?).

Scourge's concept art only showed his robot mode in shadow. He has a lot of spikes and angles on his body, very reminiscent of Cybertron Scourge and Beast Hunters Predaking. His left hand is a giant claw hand with four "fingers". The other is also claw-like but smaller. Interestingly, there are smokestacks mounted on his back.

Airazor
    Airazor's personality in the film is influenced from the 90's cartoon. She is described as the "heart" of the Maximals and a caregiver by nature. However when necessary she can also be a fierce warrior. Airazor's concept art only showed her beast mode, which had a very interesting aesthetic. Imagine an organic bird, but with some metallic angles to it. However the color and texture suggests rust and wear with a suggestion of organic feathers. Her eyes however were glowing blue revealing her true nature.

Rhinox
    Rhinox's personality is also influenced from his 90's cartoon portrayal. While he is definitely the "muscle" and power house of the Maximals, he is also a mechanic and smart. The concept art showed his beast mode which looks like a giant rhino with segmented parts running from the head to the tail. The middle section of the body appears to have about 3-5 large armor panels running along the body, with seams in between. While the grey coloring suggests metal, it was said the Maximals also have "fur and hide" on them.

Optimus Primal
    The Maximals are said to be ancient creatures and Optimus Primal is one of the oldest. He is wise and the fatherly figure among the Maximals. He takes care of his own and his personality will offer Optimus Prime a kindred spirit to communicate with. To prevent confusion, Optimus Prime is referred to as "Prime" by the production staff so as not to confuse him with Primal.

Optimus Prime's appearance looks very similar to the gorilla concept art from The Last Knight revealed years ago. However, the more Prime-like aspects of the head design have been toned down and the "skin" of the character now is a mixture of fur and metal, calling back to his techno-organic nature.

Source: Movie News: "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts" Character Descriptions | Ben's World of Transformers

• Like Like x 16
  12. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I\'m a little worried because that sounds like the overstuffed later Bayformers movies to me.  Hopefully I\'ll be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that the Scourge we are going to see in this movie is going to be along the lines of Blackout and Barricade, where it’s essentially a reinvention of the character. I’m pretty excited to see him. Sounds badass carrying insignias as trophies.

• Like Like x 2
  14. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    the key word is in the title: rise of the beasts, this may mean that there's gonna be a beast wars-centric movie somewhere along the line

15. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    i reckon that he's gonna be a mix of animated and bayverse lockdown

• Like Like x 1
  16. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so it sounds like we're exploring the character of Optimus Prime and not a story of how he became leader. People seem to be misinterpreting that.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I still question how they were able to get a Porsche in a Transformers movie in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  18. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

Better not get another mirage with no licensed figure.

• Like Like x 5
  19. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    idk, brand deal maybe? i wonder if theyre gonna do a jazz version of the eventual mirage toy

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    At this point I don't care about Licensing as long as we get a Mirage toy.

• Like Like x 3