Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

^THIS! But, apparently we're still not sure we've even had a reboot! Thanks again Lorenzo!

• Like Like x 10
  2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Nothing in the bayverse fit together as is.

Fitting the bumblebee movie into the Bay continuity isn’t any harder than explaining the things that happened between any of the other films. There simply isn’t an explanation, things just happen - the writers didn’t care about making a cohesive plot and adding Bumblebee to the mix doesn’t change that.

look at galvatron’s return to being megatron, or any of the stuff with Merlin, or the fallen, bumblebee’s voice, or megatron being frozen in the ice. It’s all a mess.

• Like Like x 6
  3. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, STILL no Firebird Trans Am in any Transformers movie.   Could have used a 4th gen too, being that this takes place in the mid 90\'s.

Ah well, maybe the next one...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 ACCESS FLASH

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Meh.

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    To be fair, Bumblebee didn't even know if it was a reboot or not.

• Like Like x 4
  6. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

I'm super on board with GTR Nightbird and whatever this Scourge turns into. Mad Max Bumblebee sounds rad too.
    Excited to see the toys we get both official and 3p

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Di Bonaventura needs to be led far, far away from the franchise...preferably with a hood and noise-cancelling headphones so he can't find his way back.

• Like Like x 16
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    This guy gets it. The "lore" of the Bayverse was about as poorly laid out and full of holes as the Resident Evil movies.

• Like Like x 6
  9. MrLemming

MrLemming Well-Known Member

I would stop thinking in terms of G1 if this movie already hadn’t shown much of its hand in at bare minimum dipped in G1 paint. G1 stylized Optimus, previously G1 Bumblebee, G1-inspired tetrajets…

10. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fingers are well and truly crossed, however I won't hold my breath.

Nope no different at all. It upset me then and it upsets me now... only more so since I always liked the Terrorcons more. Just would have been cool to see those characters in some kind of mainstream media again.

• Like Like x 4
  11. wampa1

wampa1 Well-Known Member

As if they're still putting 'Rise' in movie titles.

• Like Like x 5
  12. octobotimus

octobotimus Please, do tell me how much I hate things

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reading this sounds like a poorly written fanfic. Holy shit is this going to be a horrible mess. People said this director understands transformers? Understands TF my ass.

• Like Like x 11
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Prime, Bee, and the Cybertronian jet modes are elements of several different TF continuities. That doesn't make it "G1" it just means they're playing the hits. It's like how Power Rangers always has a Red Ranger. That doesn't mean they're all MMPR...it just means they're playing around with common elements.

Are we? We haven't seen anything in terms of actual robot designs and we're already lemmings headed for the cliff.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s just hilarious how there are people who STILL defend this garbage after fourteen years.

• Like Like x 7
  15. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

They could have just called it beast wars but it still sounds awesome

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Garbage or not, it made billions of dollars, revitalized the franchise, and produced a lot of really cool toys. As well as a highly successful spinoff line that is now being leveraged to give people really good figures from stuff beyond the Bayverse.

Nah. Same reason they didn't call it "WfC: Beast Wars." They want to save that name for it's own thing. If this movie does well enough you can go for broke with a standalone "Transformers: Beast Wars" film similar to Bumblebee.

And then if that movie does well, you can now run "Transformers" and "Beast Wars" as two separate media brands.

• Like Like x 5
  17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Man, I have some serious concerns about this movie. Let me address the problems first, then I'll say what I like: Way too much going on, it's somehow a Bumblebee sequel AND a prequel to the garbage Bay films, probably the time travel shenanigans they mentioned, waaaaay too many factions, there's going to be no screen time for any of these characters, if they wanted to make a Beast Wars movie, why didn't they just make a Beast Wars movie, it just sounds like they took the 3 movie ideas they were working on and smashed them together instead of making 3 different movies, the main human character is ex military, really?! do we seriously need another Transformers film filled with US military propaganda? Hopefully it won't be as in-your-face as the Bay films. As for the things I like, I'm glad Prime is sticking with a G1 look though I'm not thrilled that it sounds like he's been grey-scaled, hopefully that's not for the whole film. I'm very glad to hear Arcee is a main character it sounds like they're marrying her G1 and TFP designs, hopefully that works but I'd vastly prefer if they stuck with the Bumblebee movie look. Mirage is a nice inclusion and it sounds like he'll be the right colors this time even if his alt-mode isn't right. Primal, Airazor, Rhinox all sound good, Bee is... fine but I preferred his VW Beetle mode but I knew we'd be stuck with the Camaro. Nightbird is a strange choice but I'm intrigued. Also why is she a Terrorcon? Scourge sounds cool but it just sounds like a Lockdown 2.0 with absolutely nothing to do with any past version of characters with that name. Obviously there are going to be way more characters than they've announced, hopefully Wheeljack is among them but I'm definitely worried about what they'll do to him. I gotta be honest, before the announcement I was cautiously optimistic, now I have zero hope for this film to be good. Maybe it'll be fun and maybe they won't screw it up too badly but I really don't see how. Btw, is the animated Cybertron movie still happening? I really need something to look forward to now. This is not at ALL what I had hoped for a Bumblebee sequel and I need SOMETHING to look forward to from this franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  18. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

TF lore is a hot mess though.

• Like Like x 5
  19. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Bumblebee left me wanting more, I always wanted g1 and bw to interact, I'm down

20. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    There was the report from a year or two ago that Hasbro had reworked their deal with Paramount that mentioned that they had more say in the films. But its ambiguous as to how much. This was, I think, when their imprint of Allspark pictures was announced? In the end they want to make money, which means kowtowing to whomever.

21. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    If this winds up being more Garbage like most if the Bay films that only worsens the franchises reputation, I will be mad.

But the one thing that has always been good about the movies, were the figures. I have fond memories of being a kid in 2009, and I eagerly await to see the figures for this movie. Studio Series is gonna be ballin’ by the end of 2022.

• Like Like x 10