Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Figures Revealed by Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PloverNutter, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    It's weird to me how the movie franchise's mascot character looks like his mainline toy had less care put into him than Cheetor and Airazor.

On that note I can't believe people are STILL insisting the BB continuity is a prequel to the Bayverse. Almost nothing lines up at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GokaigerSamurai7

GokaigerSamurai7 Banned

News Credits:
    "But Daddy Lorenzo said-"

• Like Like x 6
  3. GokaigerSamurai7

GokaigerSamurai7 Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro should reissue this character in the ROTB mainline as a "ROTB Exclusive Collector's Edition" F57585L00_combo_22_Online_2000SQ.jpg

4. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I dont get it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Okay so while I agree with this argument regarding the change in his character design between movies, I'm not talking about character designs. I'm talking about the toy. Assuming ROTB Wheeljack's face looks like his toy's, Wheeljack having an accurate face doesn't make it a bad figure, and replacing it with whatever head you or I might prefer doesn't make it a better figure, it's just an aesthetic change based on personal preference.

If I really have to repeat myself - I do not like Wheeljack's head design.

• Like Like x 6
  6. mazirahawke

mazirahawke Banned

I'm interested on both 3 packs, I'll use Wheeljack and Nightbird as base for a custom figure.

7. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    The goggles, they do nothing

8. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

I'm not surprised. The Bayverse didn't even line up with itself half the time, but that didn't stop the fans from trying to come up with explanations for those inconsistencies. The fact that Lorenzo continues to insist that Bumblebee is a prequel despite Hasbro calling it the start of a "new storytelling universe" certainly doesn't help.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dictionaryabot8407

Dictionaryabot8407 The man who knew too much

yeah but those designs were actually good.

(note; I actually don't mind the glasses, I just hate the lips. )

• Like Like x 2
  10. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Because you guys blame him for everything you don’t like when maybe it was the directors choice or something else? Some of you treat him like he killed your dog or family. He gets brought up way too much. Feels personal.
    Agreed
    For me it’s always going to be the lack of fins. The lips will probably look better in the film but if he just had fins I’d be down for this. Like Donnie from TMNT has glasses in certain fiction but he still has what makes Donatello, Donatello.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dictionaryabot8407

Dictionaryabot8407 The man who knew too much

some fins would be definitely be nice, especially on such a mainstream interpretation of this character, where you would want more synergy with the classic version of the character; why have a dumb, inaccurate design be what the layman sees when he thinks of the good character design of the OG. but then that rubs up with my argument to Yozora up there; that having characters be different is good. my counter-counter argument(or whatever it would be) is that ROTB wheeljack is too bug a character name, too similar to the OG. for example; Armada smokescreen and cyclonus have absolutely nothing to do with their namesakes, so little that they can be easily separated. but with nerdjack, enough of him is still there that it is harder to distinguish them apart, at least to joe or Josephine schmoe who go to see the movie. While they don't care about transformers, aside from the movie, It would be nice for them to get their version of the property that some hold so dear that has a version of a character that doesn't suck.

that kinda went off the rails. still, good points, yes?

12. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    It would and not just being G1 isn’t my only problem with it, it’s just that everyone returing from BB is the same or consistent yet Jackie isn’t.

I’d feel the same way if Ironhide went from G1 looking in tf1 then in rotf he’s G1 looking.

But this horse has beaten to death already so I’ll stop.

13. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Don’t know if this was pointed out but if you notice Bee’s right hand seems detachable so I think it’s going to come with a blaster arm.
    D58C886F-2AFA-451F-BD17-DD14CB66EE0C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was a brain fart on my end. I completely forgot about the Weaponizers and thought that Sandspear was one of the Battle Masters like Cheetor and Rhinox.

15. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Would really suck if these are the only ROTB exclusives. Was looking forward to seeing exclusives that use older molds like what they did in AOE or the Cybertron Primus reissue in TLK. Also seems to be a lack of any Beast War related exclusives beyond vintage reissues.

16. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I wish we could get non-movie repaints. Like a G1 deco and head WJ, a Stealth Force Bumblebee or just wacky colored repaints.

17. Scornstream

Scornstream Dinobot Seeker

Non-argument. They change their alt mode, not their entire appearance (and voice) or height. The only Cybertronians capable of doing what you're trying to say they do are shifters (and even that doesn't work for the inconsistencies with Arcee), which are extremely rare and I highly highly doubt that Wheeljack is going to be revealed as a shifter in RotB.

18. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My guess isn’t a detachable arm blaster, but that has arm spins around to form the blaster.

19. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    It really baffles me when I see how far people will defend the "poor" company.

I mean,

Yeah, the robots always change from movie to movie.

But no one changes as drastic as Wheeljack, which, is a sequel to BB movie before.

Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, everyone and their mother changes between movies, but you can still tell that it's them, whether by color scheme or similar design. Not the case with this... thing. If he's not named, no one will be able to idenfity him as Wheeljack. Heck, his color scheme has more similarity with Seaspray (movie toys), with the only difference being one is land vehicle, and one is sea vehicle.

Also, if the leaks are true, this... thing won't be a 5 second cameo ala Daytrader since it'll also join the final battle.

By the way, this thing is not ruining my childhood, but it sure ruins the movie for me. Definitely won't pay to watch the movie now :D 

• Like Like x 1
  20. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I don’t like the head either but if that keeps you from seeing the movie, then yikes that’s definitely a take.

• Like Like x 2