Transformers: Rise Console Game In Trouble After LeYou Walkout?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 26, 2021.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, that's probably why Sideswipe and his brother were such non-entities in the G1 'toon. Their Marvel profiles painted them as brash and violent, and the strict Standards & Practices of 80s children's television would've prevented them from glorifying that sort of behaviour in nominal "hero" characters. There were no shortage of other Autobots to get some moments in the spotlight, so rather than rewrite their characters, they just got sidelined instead. And then that lack of screentime had a ripple effect throughout the rest of the franchise, always a "pretty face", but never being particularly notable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They need to call Netherrealm studios for that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    That's a very different case since FFXV was in development hell and ended up changing names and platforms during development.

4. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking at the news, the TF game about to, or already is, in development hell

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Without a doubt. I'm just saying that FFXV/vXIII's 10 year development isn't the norm for games of that scale.

6. Big Convoy XIII

Big Convoy XIII The One Man Army

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    And once again my hopes & dreams of seeing a decent transformers game are dragged out into the open, thrown roughly to the cold cement floor, and shot in the head. Can't say I'm surprised though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

"...the company’s ambition to assert itself in the gaming business was thwarted by mismanagement and internal infighting..."

Sounds pretty much like every developer I ever worked for - lofty goals and ambitions hamstrung by those at the top trying to run before they could walk, whilst creating absolute chaos with their attitudes towards everyone else.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Not usually but some games have had long dev times almost close to ten years like Ghost of Tsushima. AAA takes a long time now then before.

9. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

I'd much rather they reach the studio responsible for Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (I think they're called nWay?), or ArcSys instead of NRS, frankly

10. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is not canceled

11. Megastar

News Credits:
    The reason I prefer NRS is, because they will have a decent story with good graphics and voice acting. I also think they could incorporate the transforming into the combat system and gave everyone a unique super move.

12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy shit these comments I swear the good fans can't get what they want because of this side of the fandom. How many of you actually looked for the domain before coming here and bashing the game that none of you guys have even seen.

13. TheTornSideswipeFan

I dunno, I'd rather not see Bumblebee make giants like Astrotrain and Bludgeon into jobbers like NRS does with powerhouse characters like the Bi-Han Sub-Zero in MK9 and Goro ESPECIALLY, along with most other decisions they make to overpower other characters and waste so much plot potential (Especially with their creator's pet D'Vorrah and their AU Sindel that overtook and overwrote everything likable about the original Sindel) and use ancillary media to justify why their decision is okay, alongside underutilizing what characters they did make, like Kotal Kahn in every form and reducing Shao Kahn as basically a power-hungry male concubine to Sindel. And honestly with the story they attempted with MK11, MK11 Aftermath and how certain characterizations (Dare I say, character assassinations) and design choices were made, I REALLY don't want NRS to touch the franchise with a 10-foot pole, personally.

More power to you if you can enjoy NRS' writings, but honestly if someone held me at gunpoint and told me to either sit through all of the Prime Wars Trilogy, War for Cybertron Trilogy and read all of the Kiss Players or play through any NRS Story in their games, I would have already gone through three chapters and had Windblade's whining from Combiner Wars and Optimus' staccato delivery in Siege blasting on loudspeakers.

Honestly with how ArcSys handled Guilty Gear as a story, I'd prefer they write it, or heck, have ArcSys find the Writers from WFC/FoC and let them handle the story while ArcSys handles the fighting.

14. Megastar

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but I'm just looking for a good TF fighting game and I believe NRS can do it.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Developers have all this technology on their hands, and yet despite the fun I had playing WfC and FoC, no TF game has bested RotF in terms of gameplay and character variety. Literally just import those assets and add new characters and I'll be happy even if the graphics are dated, because that game was so good and the DLC characters were amazing.

Imagine if the future movie games had the same gameplay? Sniping as Lockdown, hunting as the Dreads or triple-changing as Shatter would have felt great. The G1 characters too were fleshed out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How so?

17. TheTornSideswipeFan

And I believe ArcSys could do it instead. That's just my main statement at the end of the day, and I only elaborated on why I would rather not after seeing you made a claim of why you want it. I just personally think ArcSys has better balancing, mechanics, and can do more unique style fighters than NRS could.

18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    While I'm not debating the quality of the game, IGN is a terrible site. It used to be better.

19. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My kid is 5 and loves Devastation. The characters look close enough to G1 for him to recognize and he gets to fight a lot of the Decepticons he knows from the show. He did say he would like to play as Soundwave and some of the others.

20. TheTornSideswipeFan

Honestly the thing I felt holding Devastation back was that it could have been more if it actually played into the original story aspects it tried to hold. I would have loved to see a sequel where Nova Prime reawakens, takes over the Decepticons and what few who follow Megatron and the Decepticon Leader himself could have worked in a nonaggression fashion where we could have had playable Megatron, Soundwave and even Starscream (Though the vehicle sections would likely have to incorporate something extra to make sure the flight isn't overpowered and nulls the need for Ground Vehicles), and it all culminates in a fight against a Dark Prime that Optimus needs to face to accept the darker past of Cybertron before moving ahead in the future. Of course, Activision rights are fizzled out rights and any likely attempt for the company to go back to the franchise, let alone be a decent game company, is very low.