Transformers: Rise Console Game In Trouble After LeYou Walkout?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 26, 2021.

1. RedQueen

RedQueen Robo Thot

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oh no, what ever will we do without another terrible licensed game

• Like Like x 9
  2. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Why is everyone talking like the last games have been bad.Did everyone forget how good devastation was?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Oh well, chances are it would've just been another lazy licensed game instead of anything worth a shit.

4. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm talking about Transformers games dude....

• Like Like x 8
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devastation was also, by not any means, "successful".

It was also somewhat divisive within the fandom, in part due to not being of a particularly accessible genre for the older fans.

In which case you never actually specified that. And given your sometimes penchant for hyperbolic statements, the more generalized take on your post wasn't entirely out-of-character.

In that case, see my previous post about licensed games. Nobody wants to touch that anymore. With the exception of Star Wars and Marvel, because those franchises are also typically licenses to print money.

6. Yodoswaginz

Yodoswaginz Well-Known Member

Because of course it is. :banghead: 

7. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw Member

Fuck

• Like Like x 1
  8. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Eh this is hard to swallow. This is the next major console Transformers game after Devastation and that was 7 years ago. I would like to see a new TF console game that is pretty good, but news like this doesn’t aspire confidence in the devs to deliver such a product.

• Like Like x 4
  9. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not surprised transformers games don’t have good record that was before movies where made if this game does get made I be surprised it stays over ten years

10. Megatron Unicronus

Megatron Unicronus Let’s say go!

News Credits:
    LeYou is a stupid name. Can we please get back to consistent game releases in the style of either Devastation (with more content please) or FOC?

• Like Like x 1
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    It was boring, repetitive, button mashing drivel. It was free on PS+ and I didn't make it through half the game.

If you liked it fine. But if it was that successful they would've hopped on a sequel instantly.

• Like Like x 3
  12. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has always blown my mind how major, established, successful IPs struggle to generate successful, popular, polished, mass appeal video game adaptations (or even just unique experiences in video game form set within those IPs.) And it's kind of always been that way, too, which doubly baffles me.

Even the hugest IPs - Star Wars, Marvel, etc. - while they have some awesome games, don't get me wrong, have had shockingly mixed results over the decades when you consider that there are essentially unlimited resources to make them for those IPs assuming their holders want them to exist.

I mean, as I said... don't get me wrong. I loved the first two High Moon Cybertron games. And I loved Devastation (but then, I'm a fan of Platinum character action games.) But those weren't exactly masterpieces with massive appeal, compared to many of their contemporaries.

Star Wars, while I've loved games like KOTOR or Rogue Squadron over the years, has also had a ton of competent, good, fun, but kind of... middling? ... games, too. Same situation with Marvel super hero games. (And don't even get me started on how long we've waited for a proper Superman game.)

Why is it so hard for someone, somewhere, to create the BotW or GTA or (insert game you think is of particularly high acclaim and appeal) of these licensed IPs? I know software development is resource, time, and talent intensive, and far more difficult than people realize. But for these IPs to lead to so few truly acclaimed licensed video games over decades has always felt strange to me. And Transformers is included in that.

Maybe it's as simple as a combination of huge IP = lots of the wrong people overseeing projects precisely because the IPs are so massive, and video game design not always being an intuitively good fit for a given fictional universe and its various facets. And finding the right mechanical fit.

They had to make Back to the Future a point and click style adventure game. And they had to design an intuitive counter-based melee system to finally make widely heralded Batman games (at least the first two were.) So maybe that's the issue. Or maybe they don't think they'll sell enough to warrant the cost of, say, making an open world Cybertron based game with more content and features. (As one hypothetical spit ball idea.)

Or as I mentioned above, maybe some fictional universes just aren't particularly gameplay-friendly. (Think about how hard it was to finally get a half decent Ghostbusters game, just because of everything it needed to do, and how not all those things lend themselves to gameplay one might actually enjoy.) I don't know.

But I refuse to believe it's impossible. Even if this wasn't destined to be that game (though to be fair they lost me at MMO personally, anyway.) But what do I know? I'm just a gamer.

• Like Like x 3
  13. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    Then you played the game wrong.

Why do you think that?

14. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    The business of games creation, design, egaming, and financing are one of the most cutthroat industries in modern times. It's a causality of a created inflationary bubble, and one that has been made artificially by the successes of just a handful of titles. This is literally one example of many where some greedy folks decided to create a thing, slap some paint and lights on it and get people excited so the greedy could get as much money as possible for a nothingburger.

The sad fact is that IP franchises often get shopped around because the owners of that property want to make money as well. And with Transformers, we're the only ones that lose out when that opportunity turns up dust.

• Like Like x 3
  15. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Screenshot_20210826-061719.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Wow, you truly are adding a lot to this conversation by saying "I don't like this company's name"

• Like Like x 5
  17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wooooow.

Sounds like you have never played games before!

:lol 

18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    I’mma be real with you chief. I’ve been to gacha hell, and I’ve seen non-gacha but extremely monetized games before that blew them out of the water.

CE3881AD-E922-4296-A344-0C3BA0B95672.jpeg
    This game doesn’t need any of that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    Anything that keeps the brand further from Chinese control the better :throw 

• Like Like x 6
  20. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The buyout just thrust them even deeper to chinese hands now

• Like Like x 2