Transformers: RID Issue 18 - the worst art in IDW history?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by TheSuperion, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    There's a lot in your initial post that's wrong, but dude you didn't even get the issue number right. That was 19.

2. simpatico

simpatico Intern for Straxus

I enjoyed Livio Ramondelli for anything set millions of years ago, for scenes that were meant to feel like they were from a whole other world. But for anything supposed to be in the present day, his art just never worked with me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nobunagatron

Nobunagatron Well-Known Member

IDW has had its ups and downs when it comes to the art that's been used in the 13-year long run of their first Transformers universe.

Now many often point out Livio Ramondelli as one of the worst, and for good reason. His art was a muddled, murky mess full of weird blocky proportions and indecipherable details that mismatched their intended characters. I personally am not a big fan of Ramondelli's artwork and for the most part have avoided getting issues penned by him.

But as much as I dislike Ramondelli's art, and how prominent he's been in the latter part run of the Transformers IDW-verse. And Dheeraj Verma is certainly not the greatest either, though I do consider his art a step above Ramondelli's. There is one artist I find unequivocally the worst that has ever taken part in IDW's Transformers.

Who is he you may ask? Well if any of you haven't forgotten, there was this big evet in the Transformers comic back in 2011, CHAOS, where the driving force of the Dead Universe attempted to invade and infect Cybertron (btw there was a lot of Ramondelli art in there).

Well, there was a bunch of buildup for this event, and part of this was a 4-issue miniseries with Galvatron as the protagonist, titled Heart of Darkness.

The artist of this miniseries? Ulises Farinas.

Gaze upon his work and despair, ye comic fans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's just... what even?

• Like Like x 4
  4. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

Seriously? I admitted that in my second post.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Edit your original post then.

6. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

Frankly, at this point the thread should just be locked instead. It's clear that it was a mistake for me to make it in the first place, and everyone has already comprehensively explained why. There's really nothing left to talk about.

7. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You say that, but since then, Farinas drew this amazing piece.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.