Transformers returning to theaters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AustinLucas, May 31, 2020.

?

Which Transformers movie should return to theaters?

1. Transformers

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  2. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Transformers: Dark of the Moon

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Transformers: Age of Extinction

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Transformers: The Last Knight

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Bumblebee

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

What are you saying did you like the film Bumblebee or not? What other films would you prefer?

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Critics and fans are a tiny minority.

Yes, Bumblebee was a huge success with the Transformers fandom and critics. It was not as wildly profitable as the first four Bay movies commercially (AKA with general audiences) and was only more profitable than The Last Knight due to its much lower budget.

That's great if Bumblebee is your favorite Transformers movie. To me, it wasn't any closer to an ideal Transformers movie than The Last Knight. I'd say the ideal TF movie would be something halfway in between the two.

My personal favorite is Age of Extinction, but I'm just one person, so that's why I'd say I'd rather theaters show all of the Transformers films or none of them rather than have a fan popularity contest.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that’s a shame you’re really missing out

There’s an extended edition?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2020
  4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Imax edition only aired in theatres I've never seen it but I've read there are some never before seen humans scenes. Like the cop that accuses Sam of being on Drugs makes him watch a "You're brain on Drugs" PSA video.

5. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

And that was in IMAX back in September 2007

Honestly you don't think Bumblebee was that good?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2020
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I didn't hate Bumblebee. I thought it was cute at times. I also didn't think it was as great as many fans make it out to be.

Bumblebee is a flat plain. It's safe and simple and nostalgic and doesn't really offend anyone. If that's what you want Transformers to be, there is nothing wrong with that.

However, that's not what I want. To me, Transformers is, "Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest imagination." I want there to be bizarre moments and elements of insanity. The Last Knight was arguably too much in that direction. Bumblebee was not insane enough. Something with the insanity of the Bay films, but a little more focused and less chaotic would be perfect, as the Transformers brand thrives best on the edge of insanity rather than too insane (TLK) or too simple (Bumblebee).

• Like Like x 5
  7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

That's what I say every time I open a movie forum thread.

• Like Like x 4
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm asking myself just what the heck you said just now.

One heck of a good boy and the best Transformers media in years. It actually remembers that the franchise is about having fun and being cool sci-fi.

It feels like Transformers Animated in movie form with G1 trappings. It's wholesome and entertaining and actually gets Transformers.

• Like Like x 7
  9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really care which movie returns to theatres. If it's there, it's there.

It's your choice if you want to go see it.

10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    In that case, I'll continue to not see it. ;) 

11. mn_128875

News Credits:
    It doesn’t feel like animated at all it feels like an episode of g1 and the bayformers mixed together with a bit of prime and animated sprinkled on top at least imo and I’m not sure if this counts as a spoiler but the cybertron scenes are fucking god tier and they transformers right in only 3 1/2 minutes

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  12. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You don't understand Charlie Watson: The Movie Ft. Bumblebee is the best Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    None of them.

15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I would say it has a lot more going for it that simply being better than the Bay movies. It's a legitimately well-constructed movie that has a solid story, characters, humor, atmosphere, and fun action setpieces. I would definitely advise not going into it expecting some sort of masterpiece, some fans probably have built it up too much. In a way I'd compare it to Star Wars: A New Hope. On paper, it's not really anything too fantastic. The story has been done before. But it's the execution that makes the movie something special. Maybe not as special as A New Hope, but the comparison stands (they're both in my personal top ten, for what it's worth).

What I love about it is that it's a very chill movie. It's not just homaging '80s movies for the sake of nostalgia, like so many other movies do. It actually feels like a lost Amblin movie. There's a lot of time to breathe in the world that the movie creates. The movie spends a lot of time letting you get to know the characters and chill with them. As someone who's getting a bit fatigued on the modern style of action movies (with constant energetic quips and action beats), Bumblebee is refreshingly low-key. I've never seen a modern franchise movie quite like it. I don't just think it's "good for a Transformers movie"...I think it's a legitimately good movie. Certainly one of the more unique franchise movies I've seen in recent years.

Again, don't go in expecting a masterpiece, but you'll almost surely get your money's worth, at least. I've read tons and tons of opinions on the movies, and I've only seen two or three people who downright hate it. I don't think you'll be wasting the two hours it takes to watch it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Before all the rasism, corny jokes, bad acting, huge plotholes and inconsistent plot...there was TRANSFORMERS 2007. We know where it came from and only that it was good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

Do you think Bumblebee was a good film yes or no? Do you think Travis Knight did it better than Michael Bay or did it worse than Michael Bay? did you think Bumblebee deserved critical Acclaim yes or no?

18. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Yes Travis knight got transformers right within the first 3 minutes while Michael bay didn’t even get it right in 10 years

• Like Like x 1
  19. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

you felt the film got lost when Bumblebee arrived on Earth and you felt Charlie was more important than Bumblebee when you watch the film when the film was actually focused on both Charlie and Bumblebee as the main plot of the film?

20. mn_128875

News Credits:
    No I loved the entire movie I’m saying that the first 3 minutes got transformers right more than the Michael bay movies does that make sense

• Like Like x 1