Transformers: Retribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Grimlock_13, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    :lol 

I finally have the next chapter finished. I'll post it tomorrow or Saturday.

2. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Well, here's the next chapter....hopefully the next update won't take two months....

Chapter Ten

The Autobot Council did not lose any members with its change of command. On the contrary, it increased drastically with the inclusion of all the Sub-Group leaders now present for briefings and voting on matters of importance. Megatron was also invited to all of the hearings, however he refused to be included in the ‘ridiculous round table of ignorant fools’ and rarely attended. Optimus looked at the empty seat to his right, and his air intake passages sighed heavily.

“This is far from a mutual command…” he thought.

He stood and called the room to silence. “Our first item of business is to discuss our protocol should the Alpha Cybertronian Empire attack the EDC Headquarters or other major targets before we get the call an offensive move has been made by their part.”

On cue, Grimlock slapped his palm on the table in protest. “Why you waste time on this when other matters more important?!” he demanded.

Prime kept calm, although his tolerance for Grimlock had been wearing extremely thin of late. “We must do everything in our power—“

“To protect the humans.” Grimlock said in disgust, adding parenthesis gestures with his fingers. “Me hear the speech already. We all hear the speech already. Me slagging tired of ‘the speech’. What good the humans anyway? They banish us from planet preaching how they no need us, now suddenly they realize they can’t handle new threat alone? Me, Grimlock say to the pit with all of them. Let them get slagged since they don’t need us.”

“Grimlock,” Optimus started in a hushed tone, “We brought the war here. We are the ones who got the humans involved in this war. We are the ones who allowed the Alpha Cybertronian Empire to come here to Earth. It is our responsibility—“

“—To die for weak creatures who think they masters of universe?” Grimlock said, standing.

Just as Grimlock turned to leave Prime slammed a fist on the table. “This is not the time for a temper tantrum Grimlock. We need to be united against the coming onslaught!”

“Me no need this speech, Optimus. I think our ‘Second in Command’ need it more better then us.”

Grimlock walked out of the chamber, leaving the council behind, stewing in the tension left in his wake. The door Grimlock exited from swung inward shortly after he left, revealing the silver sheen and bright red optics of Megatron. Prime looked up and was unable to withhold his surprise. “Megatron! I didn’t—“

“Don’t seem so surprised Prime.” Megatron curtly stated as he walked around the table to take his seat next to his life-long nemesis. “I only come to ensure you aren’t planning to leave the Decepticons alone on this Primus-forsaken rock against the Alpha Cybertronian Empire ourselves.”

“You got the factions switched…” Kup muttered under his breath.

Megatron shot him a quick sideways glance, then took his seat and remained silent for the moment being. As Prime went on about failsafes and protection measures, Megatron stared blankly into the far wall. This was most definitely not where he wanted to be. He knew more of his Decepticons were out there…and he would get to them. He just needed to find the proper time to take advantage of…

Vander listened intently as the one called ‘Spike’ went on to explain how he came in contact with the Autobots on his home planet, how through the years he remained a steadfast friend and ally, of his late wife and son…and why exactly he had lived to the age of Three hundred and forty-eight.

“I did what I had to when I bonded with Cerebros.” He explained, his aged voice comforting to the Nebulan, “I don’t have many regrets. Other then gaining this fountain of youth while I watched my family wither before my eyes.” Tears filled his eyes, but Spike composed himself and shed none of them. Vander felt genuine pity for him. He stared down at the helmet in his lap, and loathed the mechanical monsters who did this to him. He respected Decro, but Vander just got carried away by the tide when he got involved in all of this mess…the guerilla protest team, being a refugee, and most of all being subjugated into being a part of one of Nebulos’ enemies. Spike stood with a great deal of effort and extending a hand to help Vander to his feet.

“Come now. I’ll show you around our home.”

As Spike led Vander down the hall, Radar and Impactor rushed toward them to carry Hotcase’s form to the repair bay. They gave Spike a quick salute and Impactor did a double take when he notices the Nebulan with Spike, but hurriedly joined Radar. Their trek through the cavernous halls of Fortress Maximus did not take them as long as Vander initially thought, for Spike led him through many human-sized doorways no doubt installed in order to lessen the travel time for his host. Finally Spike opened a door and the sight that met Vander’s eyes took his breath away. Obviously this was Spike’s living quarters, pictures adorned the walls of his past life…several were of him as a young to middle age kid, with an Autobot with a yellow hue. A massive portrait was hung above a decorative mantle of an elderly man, Spike, his beautiful woman and a very young boy-a toddler at best. Spike had sat down and urged his guest to do the same.

“Please, make yourself at home…”

Vander quietly took a seat, still amazed by his surroundings. “So you live here…with these robots?”

Spike nodded. “It isn’t the first time. I’ve lived with…’these robots’…for the better part of my life. I actually don’t exactly remember what it’s like to live without them.”

Vander looked up to the portrait above the mantle. “I take it that is your family?”

“Yes.” Spike sighed. “When we were whole.”

“I’m sorry you lost them.” Vander said genuinely.

“Thank you. But I can’t dwell on it. I want to be with them more then anything else in this world, but my destiny is to live this way…bonded to Fortress Maximus as a peace-keeping guardian.”

Vander nodded. He felt a great deal of admiration for this man who lost so much yet persevered. It made his plight back on Nebulos seem pithy and insignificant.

“Now…” Spike continued, “Tell me how you got mixed up with the Decepticons…”

Vander started in on the lengthy tale of rebellion and servitude, Spike listening intently, hanging on his every word.

The city of Atros was nothing more then a dilapidated hunk of rent metal and scrap. Xenotron ordered his platoon forward, onto Pentrax. The gleaming city ahead of them was a great contrast to the scene at Atros, and it was apparent life squirmed through the crushing blow that struck the planet. Pausing long enough to transform from his armored tank mode, Xenotron called a small team of Decepticons to his side.

“Spaz! Make yourself useful and lead your team back to New Iacon. Convene with Junkyard and inform him to meet us here at Pentrax once he is satisfied with the outcome of his search.”

“Yes sir.” Spaz answered less then enthusiastically.

Xenotron glared down at the smaller Decepticon and maintained his glowering until the team had transformed and sped off in the direction they just came. Klaptrap slunk up to his commander’s side.
    “Xenotron? Wouldn’t it be faster to radio Junkyard?”

“Most assuredly.”

“Then—“

“Do me a favor, Klaptrap…and shut off your vocal net!”

As Xenotron strode forward, Klaptrap hung his head and slowly retreated back into the large group of Decepticons.

“If there are no more questions, we can begin!”

When none dared to raise his voice, Xenotron looked into the unsuspecting city ahead and raised his hand. “For the glory of the Decepticons!”

3. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Eleven

Elita-1 perked up as she felt a strange feeling come into her data processor. She shook her head, as if to clear cobwebs from her brain unit. Her actions did not go unnoticed. Spire sat next to her, and quietly got her leader’s attention without drawing others into the subject.

“Elita are you alright?” she asked softly.

“Yes…just…a feeling…”

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know…I feel as if something is entirely wrong on Cybertron.”

“Do you think the Alpha Cybertronians have returned?”

“No…but it is as if a thousand voices just cried out in unison…for help.”

“Should we turn back?”

“Negative. Our mission at hand is more important.”

“Yes commander. However, would it hurt to send a small scouting team back to Pentrax in an auxiliary shuttle…just to put your mind at ease?”

Elita-1 pondered the conundrum at hand. The feeling could not be ignored. Something was most assuredly amiss on Cybertron. Yet…she needed to find Optimus Prime. A part of her died when he did, and though that emptiness caused her a great deal of pain and sorrow, she lived on. Lead her Autobots to different worlds and eventually back to Cybertron seeking succor. Recently, as though a light switch was activated, the part of her that dies with her Orion came back. Elita knew he had miraculously returned from the dead. She had to return to his side. As she stewed over the problem, the young Autobot she had taken under her wing spoke up.

“Elita-1 if you have need, I will return to Cybertron and make sure everything is alright.” Kickstart said.

“Very well.” Elita answered, “This s a very brave thing you volunteer for…but it will help immensely.”

“I will make sure he stays out of trouble.” Spire smiled.

“Thank you. Voodoo…if you would accompany them as well?”

The deep blue and white fembot manning the navigation controls looked up and nodded. “Of course Elita. Anything you ask.”

“Excellent. Spire, prepare these two and Stratica for the trip back to Cybertron.”

“There is a third faction of Cybertronians?” Spike asked in disbelief after Vander informed him of the information he gained while acting as Hotcase’s head.

“Yes.” He nodded. “Hotcase didn’t know much on the subject…he was still stationed on Charr when the Alphas attacked Cybertron…but based on stories others told him, it was quite the slaughter. If the Autobot leader hadn’t sacrificed himself, they would have won.”

Spike lurched forward as his stomach clenched. “The Autobot commander sacrificed himself?” he old man said, choking back emotion.

“Yes…” Vander answered. “It was said he unleashed the power of the Autobot Matrix and was aboard the Alpha Cybertronian War World when it exploded.”

Spike hung his head. He wiped tears from his eyes and looked up at his guest. “I have secluded myself on this planet for too long.” He said as he stood up. “Rodimus Prime needed us…and now he’s gone.”

“You can’t blame yourself…” Vander started.

“But it is my fault. I, like Cerebros, grew tired of the conflict that never ended on Cybertron. We left Cybertron, taking those with us who shared our vision of peace, and never looked back.”

Spike stood up and walked to the exit as quickly as his old legs could carry him.

“Where are you going?” Vander asked.

“To rectify a decision I made too long ago.”

Spike’s sentence ended with the door hissing shut. Vander furrowed his brow. He wondered why Spike had gotten upset. He stood up, but was brought to his knees by a debilitating migraine. He clutched his temples and gritted his teeth. The pain went away as suddenly as it came, and he held his position as his eyes came into focus again. He could have sworn he heard a voice in his head…not actual words…more feelings. Twisted feelings. He didn’t like it one bit. He shakily stood up and stumbled for the door.

Xenotron strolled through the city rubble in high spirits. A raging fire off to his left glinted on his unscathed armor. A smile crept across his face. Such destruction had not been wrought upon the Autobots by the Decepticons in hundreds of years. The thought lifted his spirits even further…until he remembered the Alpha Cybertronian Empire. They were still a threat to his supremacy of the Cybertronian race. A structure directly in front of him crumbled. Cornerstone erupted from the remains and let out a primal roar. Klaptrap slid up beside him.

“Xenotron? Are then any further orders?”

“Have all the directives been carried out?”

“Of courssssse…with fervor.”

“Excellent. It is time to—“

Xenotron spun his head around as he saw a flash of red in the corner of his eye. “A survivor…” He growled. “You miserable little cog! You said everything had been carried out!”

Klaptrap covered his head with his talons and hunched lower to the ground in defense. “I’m sorry lord Xenotron!”

“Rectify your failure, Klaptrap! Dispose of that survivor!”

Klaptrap transformed into his dragon mode and bounded off in the direction the red blur was headed.

Xenotron watched him until he disappeared around a corner. He called Cornerstone to his side. “Excellent work, my weapon of destruction. Now follow me, your job is not complete yet.”

On Charr, the small group of Decepticons left behind gathered around the mass of bare soil where Trypticon had been stationed. Onslaught shook his head as he took in the view of the gigantic sauropod footsteps Trypticon left embedded in the planet as he transformed. He turned and sent a powerful blow into the face of Battletrap, held in place by Brawl and Vortex.

“You ignorant fool! Xenotron will no doubt slag the lot of us for your failure!”

Battletrap glared at Onlaught but knew he was powerless to retaliate with Brawl and Vortex holding him in place. Vortex could easily be out matched by his own strength, but Brawl would be a challenge. Not to mention if he moved a servo, Onslaught would more then likely dispose of him himself. Onslaught turned around to regard Blast Off.

“I go to inform Xenotron of what has transpired. If Battletrap so much as twitches, leave nothing but scorch marks on the soil.”

Blast Off saluted and proceeded to level his ionic blaster at Battletrap, optics unwavering. Brawl leaned in close. “Just give him a reason.”

Brawl and Vortex shoved the Duocon hard onto the ground and pointed their weapons at him as well. “We’re not going to take the fall for you.” Vortex snarled.

“But—Starscream!” Battletrap burst out.

Blast Off fired his weapon, connecting with Battletrap’s left arm. The energy crackled as the armor gave way, and a small explosion was audible mingled with a yelp of pain as his arm was reduced to nothingness.

“That was a warning.” Blast Off coolly stated, “Next time you will not be so lucky.”

As Brawl kicked their prisoner in the side to add his two cents to Blast Off’s decree, Swindle ran to meet his fellow Combaticons.

“Onslaught says to pack him up and high tail it to Cybertron. Xenotron orders us to rejoin the others for the next step in his plans.”

4. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Yes, I have completed the next chapter already...hooray for slow work days:) 

The next chapter introduces a couple well-known characters from the TF mythos into the story...one of them is slightly renamed, but I'm sure you'll know who they are;) 

Chapter Twelve

On the tiny cramped shuttle heading back to Cybertron, Kickstart felt uneasy. His instincts told him Elita-1’s feeling was true. There was something indeed wrong on Cybertron. The closer they got, the worse he felt. Spire, the purple and white medic attempted to sooth his frayed nerves.

“Kickstart, I’m sure everything is fine. It’s just a feeling…like you left your living quarters open…Elita gets them often.”

“How many of them turn out to be accurate?” Stratica asked, similarly bothered by the premonition.

Spire didn’t answer, instead she changed the subject by asking Voodoo something trivial about the cabin pressure. Kickstart glanced at Stratica, who nodded. They both knew were about to walk into a world of trouble.

In a short amount of time that seemed like years, the ship finally reached Cybertron. Voodoo cautiously piloted the ship around the large planet’s surface, and set her course for Pentrax. They passed over New Iacon, the damage done by the Alpha Cybertronian Empire still smoldering below, and sped towards their destination. Kickstart’s circuits were aflame the closer they got to the city. When the final structure blocking their view of the normally visually stimulating glow of Pentrax, Kickstart’s burning went away but was replaced by sheer panic.

“Dear Primus…” Voodoo muttered.

“This cannot have happened in the short time we were away!” Spire exclaimed, “What could have possibly happened here?”

Kickstart and Stratica remained silent as they took in the scene. Voodoo landed the small ship and the four of them exited, standing at the edge of the entrance ramp staring at the broken city. Pentrax was in much worse shape then New Iacon. The city entrance that normally glowed with gorgeous luminescence was crumbled, strewn about the border of the city as if a child had knocked over its tower of building blocks. None of the skyscrapers were left standing. It was a dead city…no sign of life or movement could be seen. Not even a single fire burned on to give any notion of life.

“This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen…” Spire whispered.

“We’re not accomplishing anything by standing here slack jawed.” Voodoo said. “Let’s get a move on.”

Spire was visibly shaken by her broken home city. She just stared on as Voodoo and Stratica started off into the remains. Kickstart noticed the lagging Doctor and returned to her, offering a hand.

“You saved my life…the least I can do is help you through this.”

Spire took his outstretched hand and nodded. They followed their other two companions past the once proud city alcove and into the remains beyond.

Back on Earth, the eerie peace was highly disturbing to the Cybertronians preparing for the Alpha Cybertronian Empire’s arrival. Ultra Magnus exited the Earth Defense Council’s headquarters and proceeded to walk out into a vast meadow, the grass green with springtime lushness. A figure sitting in the midst of the meadow could be seen in the distance, and Magnus recognized him immediately. He took his time reaching the Autobot before he disturbed his privacy.

“Magnus.” The Autobot sitting said in greeting as Ultra Magnus came closer.

“Rodimus.” He reciprocated, “Or would you prefer Hot Rod?”

“Rodimus will do I suppose.”

Ultra Magnus sat down next to Rodimus and stretched out on the cool grass. “Ahhhh….my joints are ready for some maintenance, I’ll tell you what…”

“Yup.” Rodimus responded.

“What’s bothering you Rodimus?” Magnus asked as he leaned up slightly. “I know you’ve been out here for some time…alone. You missed the council meeting.”

“Nothing for me to do, old friend.”

“Rodimus…it’s obvious something is on your mind.”

“It really is nothing, Magnus…it just seems that…well…I just feel useless now.”

“Just because Optimus Prime had returned to us, doesn’t mean you’re obsolete…when the matrix revived you, it reformatted you…gave you the body you had when you possessed the matrix as Rodimus Prime.”

“I know…I’m just frustrated. I spent years wishing all the responsibility given to me would vanish…that I would be able to get back to my life as Hot Rod before I was told I was this high and mighty ‘chosen one’. But now that I have my wish…that Optimus is our leader once again…I just feel…”

“Empty?”

“Yes. Empty.”

“You have to realize that Optimus Prime is not the all-encompassing leader you believe he is. Don’t get me wrong, He is an incredible Autobot, and I believe firmly that he can lead us to victory against the Leige Maximo…but he has weaknesses. He cannot manage this offensive alone. He needs your help. We’re equals, you and I, Rodimus.”

Rodimus sat maintaining his stare into the distance for a few short moments then replied. “Thank you Magnus. Inform Optimus that I will be seeing him shortly.”

“I’m sure he will be happy about that. And remember…keep your chin up.”

Ultra Magnus then slowly stood up, once again complaining about his old joints. He transformed into his trailer transport mode and sped off across the grass leaving the former Autobot commander alone once more to ponder their conversation.

Hotcase groaned as his circuits came back online slowly and shortly realized the room he was in was shaking. He attempted to transform, but found he could not. The Autobots must have yet another accursed inhibitor field in this chamber as well. He used his scanners to ‘look’ about the room. He deduced he was in a large cell, not nearly as comfortable as the one he was captive in recently.

“Hey I think he’s awake!”

The sound of the voice startled him and he let out a gasp.

“You might ‘a scared him so bad he oiled himself!” a voice laughed insanely from the other side.

“Who’s there?” Hotcase demanded.

“It’s alright, buddy.” The first, deeper voice called out, “We’re just fellow prisoners like yourself.”

“Where am I…and why are we moving?”

“You’re inside Fortress Maximus.” The voice continued while the higher pitched voice continued to chortle. “And it seems we’re finally being taken off this hunk of rock.”

“Who are you?” Hotcase continues his demands.

“I’m Demolishor…and he is Cyclone.”

“Hiya!” The higher voice yelled, cracking himself up, chortling louder.

“I’m Hotcase. Why are you here?”

“Actually we were imprisoned on Cybertron before being brought here by Cerebros…I guess it was his first steps in getting Decepticons and Autobot to live peacefully.”

“I take it that it didn’t last.” Hotcase sneered.

“Great observation.” Demolishor sent back at him and continued his story. ”Cyclone here decides one day he’s through helping those green flesh piles that call this planet home with their crops and construction…and takes out a village of them.”

“I’m sure Cerebos appreciated that.”

“Yeah, threw him in the slammer. In my infinite wisdom, I challenged Cerebros…and ended up here myself. He has no tolerance.”

“No tolerance!” Cyclone shouted and returned to his laughing.

“How long have you been here in prison?”

“A few years.” Demolishor answered. “Doesn’t really matter…Cerebros sends his cronies down here to keep us energized. It’s better then bein’ imprisoned under Shockwave, that’s for sure.”

“So where do you think Cerebros would take us?”

“Who knows…when he comes down here once in awhile he blabs about Earth so maybe he’d go there. Or Cybertron maybe. Wherever it is, you can be sure we won’t see it.”

“You’re probably right.”

“Ah, well better make the best of a bad situation. So tell me what’s been happening all of these years in the outside world…”

5. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Thirteen

The nighttime silence surrounding the EDC Headquarters was broken as Grimlock, in one of his typical moods, stormed out of the hangar bay, followed by his Dinobots.

“Autobots can take their precious mission and shove it up their tailpipes!” he fumed.

Slag ran up to his leader and brashly stopped his tirade. “What you, Grimlock, think good this does?”

“Me not care. Autobots too busy protecting worthless humans to worry about their own hide. Me, Grimlock, don’t agree with this.”

“So we just take off on own again? Me, Slag not want to leave…me, Slag want to fight!”

“You, Slag not have any say in matter.” Grimlock said, bridging the gap between he and his soldier. “Me, Grimlock Dinobot Commander…not you, Slag.”

Slag growled in exasperation and leaned around Grimlock to see the other Dinobots. “What you want to do…run…or fight?”

The Dinobots fidgeted nervously save for Snareclaw. The small Dinobot stepped forward and matched Grimlock’s stare. “I’m sure the others are unsure whether or not they want to anger our exalted Commander…they might not agree with the Autobots…like myself…but leaving them solves nothing.”

“Fine then!” Grimlock bellowed back, “Anyone who want to come with me, do so anyone who want to stay here with Autobots can do that too! But Me, Grimlock leaving!”

Grimlock shoved Slag aside and stomped his way into the darkness of the meadow beyond the EDC Compound. None of the Dinobots followed. Sludge whimpered as he fought the urge to obey Grimlock, even though he wanted to stay with the others here with the Autobots. Snareclaw looked about him, sighed and shook his head. “Come on, Dinobots…let’s follow our fearless leader.”

The sight of Pentrax from outside its city barriers belied the true devastation that took place within the city itself. It seemed as though the attackers left nothing standing, and gruesomely thorough. Voodoo led the team of four Autobots slowly and cautiously through the wreckage in case the malcontents were still lurking about. Kickstart stayed close to Spire, who kept wringing her hands with anxiety. They rounded a corner and faced a building that was somewhat intact, though the burn marks on the outside was testament that it too had been part of the brutal attacks. The silence was shattered as Spire cried out loud, and ran to the building.

“Primus…Follow her!” Voodoo ordered.

Kickstart raced ahead of the others and entered the building moments after Spire. The interior of the building was literally pitch black, but Spire knew the halls all too well. Kickstart fumbled clumsily along behind her, using the lessons he retained during his recent army academy training to listen for Spire’s footsteps ahead of him. He called out to her several times to wait, but she did not heed his pleas. Judging by her quickly diminishing footsteps, she was several hallways ahead of him. A small amount of light leaked around a final corner of the labyrinth and Kickstart slowed his pace slightly to peek around the corner. The thought that he hadn’t been following Spire at all crossed his mind, but his instincts informed him otherwise. He quietly peeked around the corner where the two hallways met, and he wasn’t prepared for what the dim light behold to him. The structure was the infirmary where Stratica and himself had been taken after being found by Moonracer and Firestar. This is the place they first met Spire. The doors to the repair chambers were singed and dark. Kickstart felt a surge of anger rise up in his spark when the came to the realization that these helpless Cybertronians had been attacked. He forced himself to walk down the hall, though the macabre setting made him want to run the opposite direction screaming. He looked into the open doors as he passed them, but no signs of life were to be found. He could not bring himself into entering any of the chambers to search out survivors either. As he reached the end of the hall, he saw the outline of Spire, leaning up against a wall. He walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“It will be alright.” He whispered. “They are in a better place…one with the matrix.”

Spire did not reply. Kickstart said nothing more, to give her privacy and space but left his hand on her shoulder to communicate to her that he was there. He looked about the end of the hall and finally recognized exactly where he was. He stared into the eternal blackness of the room directly across from him. He told himself to stop, but he found himself walking through the doorway. Once inside, the suffocating blackness took over. His foot hit something hard. He knelt down and felt around. The ceiling had caved in, burying everything inside. He paused for a moment before standing up. As he placed his hands on the floor to stand up, he felt something familiar. He picked it up, feeling his anger growing even more immense as he turned to leave. In the light, his optics confirmed what he thought it was in his hand. He had seen it too recently--the small orb toy the small child called Proton was playing with the day he visited--it was charred and damaged and almost unrecognizable, but he knew what it was. He placed the toy in a storage compartment on his left arm, and returned to Spire’s side.

“Come on now. I know this is hard for you to see…but we have to leave. Whoever did this could still be here.”

Spire looked up and nodded. Kickstart allowed her to pass in front of him. As he turned to leave, he noticed the armored chamber he had seen the day he visited this wing had been completely torn from the foundation. No part of the camber appeared to have been torn out of place…it was completely missing as a whole. He informed Spire to hold up a moment and inspected the building’s gaping wound. The floor, ceiling and walls were clean, almost as if it has been removed deliberately with care. He stood up confused.

“What would the attackers want with Perceptor?”

“I can’t let them catch me…” He kept on telling himself. “I have to reach Elita-1.”

The red Autobot sprinted through the broken city as fast as his legs could carry him. He neared the outskirts where there were not as many obstacles. He knew the Decepticon in clearing might see him…but he had no choice but to bolt. There were other cities on Cybertron that could be affected.

“The Decepticon was big though…real big.” He repeated in his mind. “There’s no way he can catch me.”

As if the galaxy was laughing at him, he caught his toe on a split piece of the roadway. He hit the ground hard and skidded for a few feet. He cursed as he attempted to get up, but soon felt the weight of another metal body as it slammed into him. He turned his head to meet the gaping maw of a small dragon-like Decepticon. Its horrible laughter grated through his audio receptors.

“Doesn’t look to be your day.” Klaptrap hissed, brandishing a talon menacingly.

“No, it doesn’t…” he agreed out loud.

“Now…what to do with you…” Klaptrap pondered, not taking his gleaming red optics off of his prisoner. “I could take you back to Xenotron alive…or I could say you left me no choice but you rend your spark casing out of your body…he’ll most likely accept either option…so many choices…” Klaptrap chortled, the grating sound offending the Autobot’s audio receptors once again.

“So, you won’t give me a fighting chance?” He asked, his mind still pondering who this ‘Xenotron’ could be.

“You want to fight…me?” Klaptrap asked. “You stand no chance!”

“I would like to die honorably…”

“Very well…what weapons do you have?”

“Only this.” The Autobot answered, showing a sword hilt with no blade.

Klaptrap laughed again. “How can I refuse? It’s your funeral after all.”

The Decepticon slowly let his prey get off the ground and poised himself to attack. “Are you ready?”

“Anytime you are.” The Autobot replied coolly.

Klaptrap roared and leapt at the red one in front of him, expecting to feel metal bend and tear by his talons. Instead, a crackling sound was audible, he felt a burning sensation in his abdomen, and he hit the ground gasping. He looked down to see a laser sword jutting out from his midsection, still crackling and sputtering with raw energy. The Autobot knelt down on one knee.

“You Decepticons are all alike. Too overconfident.” He stood up, deactivated his sword and turned. “And for the record, if you want to tell this ‘Xenotron’ who you let escape…the name is Volt.”

Volt took a few steps and transformed into a red earthen car and sped away down the path that would take him through Atros and into the heart of New Iacon.

“Prime! We’ve got a problem!” Red Alert patched through to his leader from the exterior armored wall of the EDC where he was on post.

“Copy, Red…what’s wrong?” Prime’s voice was strained, urgent.

“Grimlock just led the Dinobots out of the headquarters…they appear to be leaving!”

Prime’s heavy sigh was heard through the comm. Link. “Roger. Contact Hot Spot. Send the Protectobots out to bring them back.”

“Right away Prime.” Red Alert patched through and proceeded to send Hot Spot to carry out Prime’s orders.

Inside the massive EDC Headquarters Optimus Prime shook his head and walked toward the chamber set aside for his personal work. Megatron came from an adjacent chamber and leaned against the wall, a smug grin across his face.

“So not even the mightly Optimus Prime can keep his army from falling apart.”

Optimus gave Megatron a fleeting glance, ignored him and continued his way to his chamber.

6. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I wish I could guarantee the rapid-fire chapter updates will continue but it's only a matter of time till I get burnt out and busy again....oh well hope you enjoy!

7. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Fourteen

Xenotron stared down at the prostrate form of Klaptrap near the border of Pentrax. His face was a mixture of anger and pure disgust. Klaptrap weakly turned his reptilian head toward his commander and winced from the pain coursing from the wound Volt inflicted upon him. Xenotron hurriedly turned away with an exasperated grunt of disapproval. Junkyard stood off to one side, his team just having returned from their sweep of New Iacon. Xenotron stopped briefly by him.

“Gather this defective model up and take it to the ship.”

“Immediately Xenotron.”

With no more then another grunt, Xenotron continued his way back into the city. Junkyard bent down to pick up his small comrade. Klaptrap coughed up some energon as the larger Decepticon lifted him from the ground and began to transport him to their newly acquired shuttles.

“It was that…Autobot.” Klaptrap wheezed, “He trixted me.”

“Quiet.” Junkyard abruptly ordered. “You can tell your stories to Xenotron when he deals out your punishment for your incompetence.”

Klaptrap took his cue and remained silent for the remainder of the trek to the shuttles. Once there, Junkyard handed off his cargo to Bombshell and Kickback who carried him into the ship and prepared to repair his massive wound. Junkyard noticed his leader standing a few yards off, focusing on the star-filled black space above them. He walked next to him and joined him staring into the void above.

“Klaptrap is aboard the shuttle.” He reported.

Xenotron remained silent for an uncomfortable long period of time. Junkyard cleared his voice and took a chance at conversation. “What is your next step, commander? There are more cities for us to conquer.”

“No.” Xenotron answered, not taking his gaze away from the stars. “We have made our mark here on Cybertron. We can return and topple the other Autobot colonies with little effort.”

“Yes sir.” Junkyard nodded then allowed a moment of silence before he continued, “What is your plan now then, lord?”

The Decepticon Commander finally broke his stare and looked at Junkyard with cold, unfeeling optics. “They are out there…the last thing that stands between me and the supremacy of our race.”

“Who, commander?” Junkyard asked quizzically.

Xenotron returned to his star watching. “The Alpha Cybertronian Empire.”

Junkard took a step back, shocked. “Commander, you intend to single handedly attack those who swiftly sent this planet into captivity in the recent past?”

“I do.”

“But…how do you hope to accomplish this?”

Xenotron turned his full body toward Junkyard and opened his chest compartment, spilling black glowing light about him as he revealed the Decepticon Matrix. “With this.” He stated tersely.

Junkyard nodded, although he still felt his leader’s plan was folly. Xenotron turned back to the stars a final time. “Now if you’re through questioning your superior…” he berated, “Initiate the takeoff procedure for our shuttles. Onslaught and the rest of our forces on station on Charr should be joining us very shortly.”

Junkyard nodded.

“Ah, and make sure our obtained…cargo…is locked securely in our largest ship. I shall join you momentarily.”

Junkyard saluted and walked back to the ships in silence.

Badune had become a distant speck in the vast cosmos as Fortress Maximus’ transport mode hurdled across space towards Cybertron. Cerebros, once again merged with Spike sat at the helm as Radar and Overload manned the navigation and security boards respectively. Hot Shot, Armorhide, Detour and Impactor were scattered throughout the stronghold’s various sectors observing other duties as required.

“We’ll arrive at Cybertron in roughly three hundred thousand astro seconds.” Radar reported.

“Thank you.” Cerebros replied, and turned to Overload. “How do the scanners look?”

“Everything is spotless thus far, Cerebros. No signs of any Decepticons or other threat at all.”

“Perfect. Now we just have to reach Cybertron and try to make a difference in this new war.”

As the Autobots sped farther and farther away from the planet they called home, all their minds were focused in on the thought of returning to their true home…and not on what they were leaving behind.

On Badune’s surface, chaos ran rampant as cities were ransacked and natives slaughtered mercilessly. Araknyd stood in the center of one of the demolished cities, his arms folded neatly across his chest casing as he took in his surroundings. Nightflier glided in from above and transformed as he hit the ground next to his commander.

“No sign of the Autobots yet…Maybe they haven’t taken any notice yet?”

“No.” Araknyd said, shaking his head. “Move on to the next city. We will destroy this entire planet if that’s what it takes to draw them out to face us! Not even Fortress Maximus will withstand our wrath!”

At his command, the Disgusticons swiftly moved out to wreck havoc on the next defenseless city of Badune.

8. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Fifteen

“Streetwise and Groove: Search in a westerly direction. First Aid, come with me. Blades perform an aerial reconnaissance. The Dinobots could not have gotten too far.”

Hot Spot, Protectobot commander transformed into his fire engine vehicle mode and sped out of the EDC Compound. The other Protectobots quickly followed suit, racing to fulfill the duties their commander ordered. First Aid sped up to match his leader’s speed, both their sirens blaring.

“Who does Grimlock think he is?” First Aid snorted.

“Ah let’s lay off ol’ Mr. Grim. I don’t condone what he’s done, but I’m not going to condemn him either.”

Hot Spot ended his lecture there as his communication link beeped with an incoming transmission from Blades. “You’re right Hot Spot, the Dinos didn’t get too far. They’re over the ridge directly in front of you and First Aid. I’ll radio Streetwise and Groove and the three of us will meet up with you. Good luck…we’ll be there as soon as possible in case anything gets rough. Blades out”

“Don’t sweat it Blades. I’m sure Grimlock can listen to reason.”

“Me, Grimlock need no reason to leave.” Grimlock fumed as he led the Dinobots away. “Optimus Prime too concerned about worthless humans then to set up a true defense against coming enemies. If me, Grimlock had resources at disposal, me, Grimlock do it myself!”

“Optimus Prime listen to more pleasant means then us leaving.” Slag shot back.

Grimlock stopped and turned to face Slag in yet another standoff. “You not think Me, Grimlock already try things his way?”

Snareclaw sighed and got between the other two much larger Dinobots. “If you two will focus on what our plans is instead of fighting over an argument that ended a long time ago, maybe we’d get somewhere.”

“What you, Snareclaw know about what good for Dinobots?” Grimlock bellowed, clenching his fist.

“Wait.” Snareclaw said, putting a hand up to an audio receptor. “Those sirens are coming this way fast. Southeast direction.”

The Dinobots looked up to the ridge above them and in short order First Aid and Hot Spot pulled up and transformed. Grimlock shook his head and pointed up to them.

“You turn around! Me, Grimlock no have use for Autobots following us!”

“Grimlock, Optimus Prime sent us out here to bring you back—“ Hot Spot started but was cut off abruptly.

“If Optimus Prime want Dinobots back in ranks, he need to pull head out of tailpipe!”

First Aid had quickly gotten fed up with the conversation and yelled down to the Dinobot commander. “Grimlock, listen to what you’re saying! You leave the Autobots because you think Optimus Prime is being stubborn in his ways, but what about you?! Work with Prime and maybe we can accomplish something!”

“Maybe we should listen, Grimlock…” Sludge whispered.

“Who’s side you on!?” Grimlock yelled. He turned back to Hot Spot and First Aid, his anger visibly rising. “You go tell Optimus Prime to come out here and get me himself if he want us back to badly!”

Streetwise and Groove pulled up and screeched to a halt as Blades flew in and transformed to land safely next to Hot Spot. The Protectobot commander stepped forward. “Grimlock, we don’t want a confrontation. Our army is not at full power as it is, and if anyone decides they’re better then the rest, we’re doomed. You might not know it but if you leave, any sort of defense Prime has in mind is shattered. It’s not Prime that needs you, it’s Cybertron and Earth!”

“Nice speech.” Grimlock spat back, “You belong with Prime. Now if you excuse us, we have better things to do.”

As Grimlock turned and the Dinobots sullenly turned to follow him, Hot Spot called out one last time.

“Grimlock, if you won’t return voluntarily you will be returned by force.”

Ignoring Hot Spot’s warning, the Dinobots continued on their way down the ravine. Hot Spot shook his head and turned to his Protectobots.

“They were warned…Protectobots merge into Defensor!”

The Decepticon entourage blasted out of Cybertron’s airspace. Its speed conveyed the fervor the inhabitants of the ships possessed for their next destination. Xenotron chose not to sit in his captain’s seat, but to stand and pace impatiently about the cabin. Junkyard sat at the ship’s controls. He was quite uncomfortable at his Commander’s erratic behavior, not to mention the fact he was ordered to run the ship’s performance into the red zone. He had no idea how long it would be before the ships simply ran out of power or worse, exploded from the pressure to its systems. He had tried to explain this to Xenotron but was met with hostility. Junkyard had known Xenotron…Xenon…for millennia and had never known him to act in this rash manner. He worried that his friend had succumbed to the power of the Decepticon Matrix. Although the matrix itself was considered legend, the stories that surrounded its mystery contained nothing but tales of greed, power mongering and total lack of control by the wielder. It was said the Matrix was alive…and took over host bodies until it could no longer gain sustenance from its host body. Xenon’s intentions of using the matrix to gain glory for the Decepticon Empire seemed to slowly dissipate with every order the growing overlord gave. Junkyard stole a glance behind him as Xenotron made another pass behind him.

“What in the pit are you gawking at me for, you fool! Your duty is to transport me to the Alpha Cybertronian Empire!”

“Aye Sir.” Junkyard answered, angry.

Xenotron whirled around and tore Junkyard from him seat, causing the ship to shudder without anyone at the helm. Spaz dove over to the controls to steady them as Xenotron brought his former friend up to his eye level.

“Your tone disturbs me, Junkyard. Do not displease me further…or I will take advantage of your weakness…you cannot regenerate your body if your head is floating through space, the lifeless expression of pure, unadulterated horror etched upon your frozen face for eternity!”

He dropped Junkyard on the floor of the cabin with a resonating clank. “Now resume your duty and find those that stand in my way of Decepticon Domination!”

Junkyard climbed back into his seat, and propelled the shuttle to parts unknown in their search for the galactic needle in a haystack.

Optimus Prime sat alone in his personal chambers. He needed the solitude. He pondered the happenings of the last few weeks since he was resurrected by Vector Sigma. His pact with Megatron made him uncomfortable. He worried about the uprising Grimlock had begun. He wondered if he was truly doing what was right for his beloved people and planet. His meditation was cut off abruptly as rapid-fire knuckle strokes tapped on his door. He gave the invitation to enter and a frantic Blurr was in front of him before he could say another word.

“Optimus Optimus Optimus! Ultra Magnus sent me here to deliver the message that Blaster has picked up evidence of the Alpha Cybertronian Empire’s flagship is on its way here and should arrive soon soon soon!”

The message was over in a matter of moments sue to the young warrior’s signature spped, but Optimus picked out what was needed to be said. “Blurr, tell Ultra Magnus to keep this as silent as he can. The last thing we need is panic. I will contact Rodimus and Megatron…we will be there as soon as possible.”

“Yeah yeah yeah no one needs panic it does nothing but make a bad situation worse!”

Blurr saulted and sped down the hall in seconds. Optimus dimmed his optics and looked out the window in the room at the beautiful day beginning outside the compound.

“It has begun.”

More to come soon! :) 

9. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Sixteen

On the second ship in the small fleet under Xenotron’s charge, Archangel sat on the bridge in command. Her relief at the deposing of Starscream had gradually melted away as Xenotron showed signs of lusting over greater power. Though her uprising ad proved successful, she felt as though she still failed. All she wanted was to see a great leader placed in charge of the Decepticons once again to lead the army to greater things. She knew that her dream was a far cry from the wild goose chase the Decepticon Commander has his subordinates leading at the moment. She was startled awake by the Stunticon known as Breakdown’s sudden shouting.

“I think I’ve got it! It’s gotta be the Alpha’s…this ship is huge!”

Archangel got up out of her seat and rushed to him. “Bring it up on the main screen.” She ordered.

In a matter of seconds, the readout on Breakdown’s radar screen replaced the standard scene of space, star’s and Xenotron’s ship ahead of them. The radar results showed millions of microscopic red dots- stars- that lay between their position and the massive blob of red hue that was supposedly the Alpha Cybertronian Empire’s Flagship.

Archangel was still skeptical. “Are you positive that’s it…it could just be a supernova, a black hole…”

“Well that’s the position it held when I first got ahold of it.” Breakdown said as he punched some buttons on the panel in front of him. “Now, this is a broader view of where it is now…and our position as well.”

The screen shifted and Breakdown pointed to their ship’s position, blinking red. The blob that he said was the flagship had indeed moved, quite a distance in the few moments in which Archangel and Breakdown conversed.

“It moves so fast…” Archangel mused aloud.

“That’s our ship.” Breakdown stated, folding his arms across his chest defiantly.

“Fine.” Archangel answered, disgusted, “Ricochet, take us there. And since you’re so sure this is the Alpha’s ship, Breakdown, you contact Xenotron and tell him.”

Breakdown gulped but began to patch through to the other shuttle.

“Oh, and make sure you get all the credit for your find…whether or not it truly is what we’re looking for.” she smirked.

Breakdown nodded and patched through to Xenotron.

“Yessss….” The commander hissed through the comm. link, “Prepare to traverse to those coordinates immediately!”

Voodoo circled around Pentrax in her Cybertronian helicopter mode after the ships had taken off. When she was positive there were no more invaders, she returned to the planet’s surface to reconvene with Spire, Kickstart and Stratica.

“It’s all clear now. The attackers have all taken their leave.”

Spire attempted to access the communication link to Elita-1, but the blanket of radio disruption was still settled across the planet. “Curse them to the Pit!” she cursed.

“Don’t waste your energy on it, Spire.” Voodoo scolded. “You won’t be able to get through to Elita while we’re on Cybertron.”

“Maybe some of the survivors have returned to New Iacon?” Stratica offered.

“It’s worth a shot.” Voodoo answered. “Let’s transform and get there as fast as we can. Seeing Pentrax like this gives me a feeling I don’t enjoy.”

Once again in her Helicopter mode, Voodoo took off skyward in the direction of the road to New Iacon. Stratica took to the air in her jet alternate mode as well, leaving Spire and Kickstart to traverse the distance planet side. Spire did not have access to a great deal of speed while in her medical transport mode, so the going was quite slow. When they reached the remains of the main road that had once spanned the distance between New Iacon and Pentrax, going through Atros, Voodoo and Stratica landed.

“It’ll take too long to backtrack around this mess.” Voodoo said, “Unfortunately, our fastest route is going to be to climb over all this slag.”

The four Autobots proceeded to make the long, arduous journey over the rubble. After they had been traveling for some time, Voodoo perked up and told the other to lay low. “I hear an engine. No telling if it’s friend or foe.”

She squatted low to the metallic rubble beneath them, and armed her handgun in case it was the latter. The sound of the engine got closer and closer. Judging by the jerking and heavy shifting the engine sounds emitted, whoever it was on the other end was having quite a hard time getting over the road. When the front bumper of the vehicle could be seen the fair distance between them, Voodoo fired her weapon, causing it to spin out of control and halt.

“Whoever you are, surrender now or I will be sure to connect next time!” Voodoo yelled out.

She was answered with an electric surge of energy that ricocheted off of the mound of rubble they used as cover.

“No Decepticon can make a prisoner out of Volt, you worthless trash!”

“Decepticon?” Stratica whispered. “Voodoo, wait, he must be an Autobot! He thinks we’re Decepticons!”

Voodoo nodded in realization and called out to him. “If you are an Autobot, we are allies! I’m throwing down my weapon if you throw down yours!”

“Agreed!” the answer came.

“It could be a trap…” Spire said.

“I don’t think it is. Voodoo answered back. She cautiously came out from her hiding position with her handgun held up. The red Autobot held his weapon, a clear sword, by the blade. When the two were satisfied by the other’s Autobot sigils, they holstered their weapons and walked toward one another.

“I apologize for firing upon you.” Voodoo said first, “But after what we saw at Pentrax, I couldn’t risk taking any chances.”

“You were at Pentrax?” Volt asked.

“Yes…but we came after the attack. We don’t know who or what caused it.”

“It was a force of Decepticons.” Volt sighed. “I was nearly captured but managed to escape. The Decepticon is dispatched mention the commander’s name was Xenotron.”

“Xenotron?” Spire asked as she came from the hiding spot. “Who is Xenotron?”

“I wish I knew. “

“Interesting…”

Kickstart ran from the cover, pointing into space. “I hate to break up the conversation, but I think this is more important!”

A large craft was coming in at high speed, about to pass overhead towards New Iacon. “Is it the Alphas?” he yelled as the sound of the ship grew louder. Voodoo squinted her optics and smiled as she recognized what the craft’s true identity was. “No, Kickstart. We just got reinforcements! Come on, we need to hurry to Iacon and welcome Fortress Maximus back to Cybertron!”

10. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Seventeen

“Don’t make this any harder on yourself then you already have!” Defensor yelled.

The Dinobots obviously were not sold on the plan to desert the Autobots as Grimlock intended, but when provoked by the Protectobot Gestalt, they fought back with vigor. Defensor put up his force field just seconds before Snarl and Slugger lashed out with their tails. He reached up and swatted away Swoop, coming in for a dive bomb attack. Slag came in out of nowhere and toppled the giant with a mighty blow from his battering ram-like head. Not one to give up during an important skirmish, Defensor quickly rolled out of the way as Sludge slammed a foot down into the soil, opening a fissure to envelop him.

“Dinobots, please! Just return with me voluntarily and avoid this senseless waste of energy!”

Grimlock stood ready to attack, flanked by Scar and Slag. “We already tell you we not go back to Autobots! You initiate this fight, you finish it!”

As Grimlock charged, Defensor braced himself and managed to twist around and get the tyrannosaur into a headlock.

“Grimlock this is useless. I understand your frustration, I truly do. But we need to back up Prime in this time of tension. If the roles were reversed, what would Prime do in your place? He needs us right now!”

Grimlock struggled but could not break Defensor’s grip. “Dinobots! Break me, Grimlock free!” He ordered, but none of them moved an inch.

“Defensor’s words make sense…” Scar said quietly. “Maybe we should go back with him.”

“Traitor!” Grimlock bellowed.

As the Dinobot commander continued to struggle in his grasp, Defensor heard his comm. Link chime with a message from Blaster. His usual laid back casual natural persona was deathly serious, conveying the severity of the situation.

“Attention all Autobot units, we just got in word that the Alpha Cybertronian Empire’s Flagship has indeed been sighted on it’s way to Earth. Optimus Prime has ordered all forces be put on the maximum alert status and to be prepared for a strike at any time. Primus be with each of us and good luck. Blaster out.”

Grimlock ceased his struggling for the moment, though Defensor did not loosen his grip. “Grimlock, please return with us.

When Grimlock continued to be calm, Defensor let him go. Grimlock transformed into his robot mode and looked back at the gestalt. For a moment it seemed as though Grimlock conceded and would return with them. However, with the flash of his red optic, he spun around and headed off down the ravine.

“Grimlock, where go?” Sludge called out.

“Don’t.” Defensor said softly. “Grimlock made a choice.”

Defensor separated into his Protectobot components and Hot Spot gave the order for the Dinobots to follow them back to EDC Headquarters. As the Autobot rescue team transformed and started to lead the Dinobots back, Snareclaw took a look over his shoulder at Grimlock, still walking away. He growled, shook his head and started his own walk back with the others.

“Radar, Hot Shot make a perimeter sweep. Whoever left Pentrax and Atros in ruin might still be lurking about. Overload, Armorhide make sure those down below are still functioning and secured. Impactor, Detour stay with me. We’re going to raise someone on the radio.”

“And if we meet resistance?” Radar asked.

“Return back here immediately. If they are still wanting a fight, we are more then capable of granting that wish.”

Radar and Hot Shot saluted and ran out of the cabin. Cerebros watched as Overload and Armorhide rushed out as well to perform their duties. He sat at the main control panel and started pressing buttons and computing different frequencies to try and hail another Autobot on Cybertron. Detour and Impactor attempted the same at consoles at different areas of the cabin. He paused and looked down at Vander who was standing beside him.

“I suggest you retreat to Spike’s living quarters. In case violence breaks out.”

“I can handle myself.” Vander said, folding his arms across his chest.

“Suit yourself…but stay on your toes.”

Cerebros received a blip on his console. “Radar, report.”

“Good news. No sign of any enemies anywhere. Plus, its good news that our radios work again. It must have just been some interference surrounding Cybertron.”

“Excellent to know.” Cerebros responded, “And any bad news?”

“Iacon looks to be completely deserted. It looks like the attackers started with Pentrax and Atros, then started in on Iacon before they took off. There’s damage to the city, but it only appears to be on the outskirts…localized.”

“Good work. You and Hot Shot return to Fortress Maximus. We’ll discuss our next move from there. Cerebros out.”

Cerebros continued to fiddle with his radio controls until he finally received and answer beacon. He immediately responded.

“This is the Autobot Cerebros. What is your location?”

A female voice was barely audible through the crackling of static. “…Name…oodoo…Aut..ot. Coming..your…loa..ion.”

“Repeat your last transmission, we can barely hear you.”

Only static came through the speakers. Detour had made his way next to his commander.

“I think I caught that she was an Autobot…and she was coming to us.”

“Indeed. Meet Hot Shot and Radar. I was able to trace the location of the answer beacon before the signal was lost. Bring them back here.”

Detour wasted no time in running out of the room. Cerebros continued his search for more survivors. Vander listened to the clacking of buttons and sounds of the radio searching out Autobots and stared out a porthole at the metallic landscape of Cybertron. It was a wondrous place straight from the stories from his youth, but he asked himself just what exactly he had gotten himself into. He felt his headache coming back, but thankfully not as strong this time. The feeling was still there, seeping what could only be described as palpable evil into his system. He shook his head and cleared his mind as he heard radio conformation from Hot Shot that they had reached the other Autobots and were returning to Fortress Maximus. Vander quietly slipped out of the cabin and proceeded to find his way to the prison level. He had some questions…and there was only one being whom could give him the answers.

11. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Eighteen

“Thank Primus we found you! We thought the entire planet was barren!” Hot Shot said to Kickstart as he led them up the main ramp to Fortress Maximus.

Volt looked up in awe at the sentient fortress in front of them. “I’d heard legends of the great Fortress Maximus…but this is unreal.” He whispered.

Cerebros greeted them as they entered and led them to a mid-sized chamber set up as a briefing room. There were not enough seats for them all, so Kickstart and Volt stood and let the females have the seats.

“What happened here?” Cerebros questioned, cutting right o the chase.

“It seems as though a faction of Decepticons chose the right time to attack.” Volt answered. “It hasn’t been long since commander Prowl evacuated New Iacon. Elita-1 took a group to search for them—“

“Which we were a part of.” Voodoo interrupted, and turned the floor back to Volt.

“Yes. As I already said, it was a perfect time for attack. We hadn’t recovered completely from the strike from the Alpha Cybertronian Empire. We were still rebuilding.”

“Yes, I have been told of this Empire.” Cerebros said. He turned to Voodoo. “What was the last status from Elita-1’s team?”

“We hadn’t traveled too far when Elita had this feeling something was wrong back on Cybertron. At first she was going to dismiss it, but she was persuaded to allow a few of us to return here to put her spark at ease. We arrived right after the Deceptcons left Pentrax.”

“Did you see any of the Decepticons?”

Volt nodded. “I was attacked by one named Klaptrap. I barely escaped. I did not get a good look at any of the others, I was too preoccupied with keeping a low profile.”

“Thank Primus you were not deactivated.”

Volt again nodded his thanks. “Klaptrap did let a bit of information slip. It seems as though someone calling themselves Xenotron is commanding the Decepticons who attacked us.”

“Xenotron?” Cerebros asked, very interested. “Could the root of that moniker be Xenon?”

“Possible…I really haven’t the slightest idea who it could be. Why do you ask?”

“Xenon was a Decepticon I had convinced to come with us on our journey away from here. He did not have any respect for Galvatron’s army and had conceded to peace. The day we were to leave, he did not reach the meeting point. I had assumed his cover had been blown and Galvatron had destroyed him.”

“Interesting.”

“Yes, however it will have to be answered at another time.” Cerebros stood and started to walk to the exit. “You are positive there are no survivors of Pentrax?”

“I cannot be positive.” Volt answered. “Many of us scattered. My brother, Electro, had the speed to possibly escape…and I pray he did…but I saw no others when I escaped.”

“Very well. There is nothing else for us here. We must break our vow of peace. The Alpha Cybertronian Empire must be stopped at any cost, and the Decepticons who reduced Pentrax to ash must be brought to justice. Voodoo, if you would assist Radar in computing Elita-1’s possible destinations into the navigation console. We leave immediately.”

Vander’s attempts at opening the huge, heavy reinforced door to the prison chamber failed miserably. He got frustrated and was about to give up entirely until he remembered the smaller, human-sized doors Spike used to traverse the monolith he called a home. He left along the wall on either side of the Autobot sized door, and smiled when he found an indentation. He pulled out forcefully and got the results he needed. The door opened and he walked into the dingy interior. He heard the voices of two transformers in the dim lighted chamber.

“Great.” He thought to himself. “There’s more then one…”

He cautiously stuck his head around the corner and took in his surroundings. There were four cells, and it appeared three of them held occupants. He gathered his courage and boldly walked to the center of the room.

“Alright, Hotcase, we need to have a little discussion.”

The other Cybertronian that was carrying on a conversation with Hotcase looked up. “Who in the pit are you?”

“Name’s Vander. I’m…a part of Hotcase.”

Hotcase couldn’t move in his vehicle mode, but he greeted his partner while he faced away.

“Well if it isn’t my old pal the fleshling! Why don’t you just let me out of this cell so we can escape this dump and find some other Decepticons?”

“No.” Vander said coldly. “And don’t be so surprised to see me. I know you’ve been projecting your thoughts into my head.”

“What are you going on about?” Hotcase demanded. “I ain’t been doing anything like that.”

“Don’t play innocent with me!” Vander shouted. “I can feel you in here!” he pointed to his head.

“Stupid organic pile of filth…If I could do that, don’t you think I’d be doing it right now until you agreed to help me get out of here?”

Vander stopped, bracing himself for the headache to return after Hotcase’s threat. But nothing came. He shook his head, confused. “The tell me what this voice is inside my head!”

“If I knew, I still probably wouldn’t tell you. But believe me, I wish I knew how to control you like that. I’d be on my way back to Cybertron by now.”

“We’re on Cybertron.” Vander said, then realized he made a mistake. The Decepticon talking to Hotcase earlier became animated.

“What?! We’re home?!” in a flash, Demolishor reached out and grabbed Vander. “You have to get us out of here!”

Vander yelped in pain as Demolishor tightened his grip. Cyclone giggled in the corner. “Squish him squish him!” he chortled.

“No!” Hotcase yelled. “ Destroy him and you destroy me.”

“What?”

“Bring that thing closer to me and you’ll understand what I mean.”

Though he was skeptical, Demolishor stuck his hand and Vander thorough the bars closer to Hotcase.

“No! Don’t!” Vander pleaded, but it was too late.

Hotcase’s body transformed into its robotic form, Vander’s own body automatically shifting out of Demolishor’s grasp. Now in his head mode, Vander combined with the body and Hotcase was whole once more.

“You’re a headmaster!” Demolishor gasped.

“No slag. Hmmm…I guess the transformation inhibitor shorted out when Vander was introduced into the equation. Now you two shut up and help me get out of this cell.”

“Don’t you think we’ve tried to escape already?”

“Already tried!” Cyclone chimed in.

“Alright, alright, shut up.” Hotcase said, scratching his head. “I think I have a plan, but we’ll have to wait it out a bit. How’s your acting ability?”

12. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Nineteen

Xenotron gave the order for all ships to cut their engines for the moment. The gigantic flagship of the Alpha Cybertronian Empire was quite daunting, but it seemed to not matter in the least to the Decepticon Warlord.

“Ships three, four and two stay back a bit. Wait for the first wave to strike before entering the fray. Ships five and six follow me. We are about to make history.” Xenotron smirked cruelly. “Advance…Now!”

At his command, three of the shuttles reactivated their engines and bolted toward the flagship. Their ships’ speed was not great, but their distance closed quickly.

“Junkyard, report!” Xenotron barked.

“So far so good—Wait! There are panels opening on the flagship…I’m getting a massive amount of ships coming toward us on the radar!”

Xenotron narrowed his optics and watched the main screen. The ships-the exact same design as those that attacked Cybertron months ago- came toward them at incredible speed. He heard his ship fire the first shots and everything turned into slow motion.

“It begins…and ends”

Elita-1 stood just beyond the entrance ramp to her ship. The team had stopped to refuel their ship on a small planet named Sinak, and she longed to get back into the ship and take off. Not only did she have her never-ending need to find Optimus Prime, she was also concerned about Prowl’s Autobot forced that had been missing since the Alpha Cybertronian Empire returned to Cybertron. That concern coupled with her anxiety of what was happening on Cybertron at the moment, as well as the safety of Voodoo, Kickstart, Stratica and Spire…Elita was quite the uncomfortable Autobot. The sound of fast footsteps running down the ramp brought her to attention. Moonracer stumbled to a halt in front of her leader and saluted.

“Elita, good news! Recon has finally been able to reach Blaster!”

Elita-1 grasped onto Moonracer’s shoulders in excitement. “Where are they? Are they alright?”

“Yes, yes they’re fine…they are on Earth!”

“Earth? But how did they manage that?”

“There’s no time to explain now! Blaster told me the Alpha Cybertronian Empire followed them…they are on their way to Earth as we speak!”

Elita’s expression of horror soon melted away with a look of determination. She yelled to the workers refueling their ship that speed was of the essence. She began to walk up the ramp, followed by Moonracer.

“Elita, what can we do?”

“There’s not much we can do Moonracer. But we must join them and help where needed.”

“But--!”

“No time right now, Moonracer! Prepare to blast off as soon as the ship is ready!”

Moonracer stood at the entrance hatch and watched Elita disappear into the ship. “But…I wanted you to know Optimus Prime is on Earth…”

“There’s nothing we can do about Grimlock’s departure. If that is what he chooses, he is free to do so.” Optimus Prime said to Hot Spot. “Our main concern must be to organize the best defense possible against our malefactors.”

“Agreed Prime. I’ll alert the others to prepare for a council meeting.”

“No Hotspot. There will be no full council meeting on this matter. It is Megatron and my duty to do this. Deliver this message to Blaster.” Optimus took out an information disk and handed it to his Protectobot commander. “See to it all are ready for further orders.”

“Of course Prime.”

Hot Spot turned and transformed to race out of EDC Headquarters to the communications console the Autobots erected on the grounds of the compound. Optimus Prime watched him speed around the corner. He turned to find Megatron standing behind him.

“So you’re placing the lives of your beloved followers in the hands of your mortal enemy.”

“I told Hot Spot we would be doing this together.”

“Prime, I haven’t spent as many millennia as the yin to your yang without picking up some knowledge about you. What are you planning.”

“Megatron…I’m leaving.”

“What?!” Megatron bellowed. “You are abandoning us…sentencing us to die here!?”

“No. I am going to the Flagship myself.”

Megatron’s tone and volume did not decrease. “What do you hope to accomplish by those means?”

“I hope that by giving myself up it will spare this planet and those Autobots and Decepticons on it.”

“This is foolish Prime…why waste your life so stupidly…on this worthless planet. Let us attack at the first sign of disturbance…gain the upper hand at the precipice of conflict!”

“You have asked me that question before in not so many words, Megatron. I believe it was ’Why throw away your life so recklessly?’ My answer is the same. Why would you risk the lives of so many when you know nothing of the defenses that ship holds? Neither of us have seen what these Cybertronians are capable of…but they enslaved Cybertron once, unprovoked. They have destroyed one planet on a whim. I will not risk the loss of another planet to them. My decision is made.”

“Very well Prime. But how do you know I won’t leave your Autobot forces here to die while I reclaim Cybertron and prepare to overtake the Alpha Cybertronian Empire on my own terms?”

“I also know you too well, Megatron. This is too broad a picture for you to give up. Now, I leave you in command of our forces. Farewell, Megatron.”

Megatron watched open mouthed as Optimus Prime turned his back to him and walked away toward the docking bays. Prime thought of everything. He always did. They were perfectly matched. He could blow Prime away from here…he would never know what hit him…but his enemy was right. Megatron would not take that risk. Megatron turned to enter the EDC Headquarters.

“Farewell, Prime.”

13. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Twenty

The battle had been brief. Decepticon shuttles floated around the Flagship like dead stars, devoid of any functioning systems. Amazingly enough, there had been no casualties…but some had wished death over being a prisoner of the fabled Liege Maximo. Xenotron was led down a long corridor, energon shackles binding his arms and legs together so escape would be impossible. He held his head high though he was sure he would be sentenced to death. The guards shoved him into the murky room devoid of any light. All that could be seen was a set of massive blood red optics against the far wall. He slowly made his way towards them and was greeted by a deep voice that made some of his circuitry surge.

“Hello, Xenotron.”

“I assume you are the Liege Maximo.” He was proud of his seemingly defiant tone.

“You assume correctly.”

“I also assume I am to be slain after you take what I have rightfully claimed as mine.”

“The Matrix?” laughter rumbled around the dank walls of the chamber. Laughter Xenotron could feel within his very spark. “You think I have kept you alive to take the Matrix from you? Xenotron, I AM the Decepticon Matrix. The sources given to Starscream of the whereabouts of the artifact you have in your chest casing was only given to him through my efforts. I needed the Decepticon Matrix to be found.”

“I don’t understand…” Xenotron began.

“I knew Starscream would be unable to maintain his hold on the Matrix for long.” The Liege continued, “I knew one would rise above the rest and take hold of the Matrix. You are my creation, Xenotron. My weapon.”

“And what makes you think I’m willing to be your pawn?!” Xenotron shouted.

His shouts of protest turned into screams of agony as his chest casing began to glow with the matrix energy, in synch with the pulsating glow of the Liege Maximo’s optics. He tumbled face first onto the floor, his air intake valves heaving as the pain slowly began to dissipate.

“You have no choice in the matter.”

Xenotron looked up through blurred vision.

“Unicron was a fool to allow one as pathetic as Galvatron revolt against him. You are to remain here, with me so as not to interfere with my plans. You are mine now.”

“He did what?!

Blaster, Ultra Magnus, Hot Spot and Silverbolt had barely given Megatron any notice when he entered the communication bunker…that is until he dropped the bomb of what Optimus Prime had chosen to do.

“You heard correctly. Prime is no doubt halfway to the approaching flagship by now. There was nothing I could do to stop him.”

“Of course not!” Silverbolt yelled, rising out of his seat, “Why talk him out of certain doom…that’s what you want, isn’t it?”

“Stand down, Silverbolt.” Ultra Magnus ordered, standing up and positioning himself between Megatron and the Aerialbot Commander. “This is no time to be starting inner conflict.”

“Indeed, Magnus.” Megatron said dryly. “He placed me in full command of the forces here on Earth.”

Silverbolt opened his moth to protest, but a high-pitched beeping cut through the air.

“We all know what that means gents.” Blaster said as he scrambled to his controls. “That perimeter alarm Optimus had Cosmos and Astrotrain place in orbit near Jupiter did the trick. The Alphas are on their way here…in high gear at that. They’re wasting no time.”

Megatron snapped into action. “To your posts! We will be prepared for them no matter what they have planned!”

Silverbolt eyed Megatron coldly as he ran from the room with Ultra Magnus. Hot Spot started to follow, then remembered the disk Optimus Prime gave him to deliver to Blaster. He handed it to the communications chief and sprinted from the room.

“What’s this?” Blaster asked mostly to himself as he turned the disk over and over again.

“Prime gave it to him before he left.”

Blaster hesitated to open the contents of the disk while Megatron was present, but it was apparent the Decepticon was going nowhere at the moment. He opened the disk drive on his console and activated it. A holographic projection of Optimus’ face appeared from a laser needle off to Blaster’s right hand side.

“Blaster, I am leaving Earth in an attempt to stop the Alpha Cybertronian Empire before any harm can come to the planet that has sheltered the inhabitants of Cybertron for years. I am placing Megatron in command of our joint forces. My final order to you is as follows:

If I fail in my mission and a battle breaks out that cannot be contained, evacuate half of our forces to Charr. If we fail Earth, we can still muster a force large enough to destroy the Flagship on our terms. Place Rodimus in command of this team if it is necessary to put into action. This information cannot be allowed to fall into the hands of the Alpha Cybertronian Empire. Destroy this disk at the conclusion of my message. Primus be with you all, and if he smiles upon us we will see each other again after the Alpha Cybertronian Empire has been defeated.”

The program ended. Blaster looked behind him to find Megatron had taken his leave. He ejected the disk and crushed it in his hand. He activated his comm. link.

“Rodimus Prime, report to the communications bunker immediately. We have a problem.”

End Part I

14. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Well, I'm going to leave it there for now. I have some papers I need to focus on for a college class, but I'll post the next chapter when I get around to writing it. Hope you guys are enjoying it so far!

15. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy again but I have been working on the next chapter. I shpuld have plenty of time to finish it this weekend during the holidays. Just as a little hint, that flashback back in chapter four will be touched on some more....

Thanks!

16. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Apparently didn't have time.

If anyone actually reads this, check for updates soon.

17. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Twenty-One

Flashback:

The one passenger Shuttlecraft silently touched down on Earth’s soil. With a hiss, the ship’s hatch slowly opened and a mid-sized white Transformer exited the craft. On his chest he proudly displayed the mutilated Decepticon insignia belonging to the Alpha Cybertronian Empire. His name was Heatwave, and he was on a mission direct from the Liege Maximo himself. His readouts were correct: Cybertronian alloy lay buried here. It was small…an Autobot or Decepticon. Heatwave took in his surroundings a moment before he carried out his orders. The forest still grew thickhere hundreds of years after the final Battle on Earth. The Autobots had abandoned this planet long ago and the Earthlings had cleaned up the area to their liking. To think the nearby skies were once choked with the skyscrapers of Metroplex, the Autobot City. Shaking his head, he retrieved tools from his ship. The rock and soil easily flew about as the sonic digger made its way down to the object of the Liege’s interest. Finally a leg was visible. Heatwave jumped into the large hole he created and dug further down with his hands. An arm, torso and finally the head were visible. The unlighted eye was eerie and made his circuits surge at the sight of it. Heatwave quickly gathered his possession into his arms, carried it to the ship and prepared for the trip back to the flagship…and eventually to the War World to begin the first steps of the Alpha Cybertronian Empire’s takeover of Cybertron.

“How could he possibly do this to us?” Rodimus moaned as Blaster carefully broke the news to him that Optimus Prime was gone.

“He’s done what’s right to him.” Blaster replied.

“How can this be right?” Rodimus snapped. “He’s completely abandoned us, and left his longest and deadliest enemy to lord over us!”

Blaster shook his head in a nonverbal reply.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to come down on you for this. It’s not your fault.”

“No offence taken Rod.” He turned to his console. “As much as I want to continue this conversation, I do have a ship to track.”

“Understood.”

Rodimus left the communications bunker and realized he needed to reach Megaton. His spark burned with the notion the Decepticon was in command of their forces, whether Optimus Prime appointed him or not…an Autobot was needed to watch over Megatron at all times to ensure no foul play. He was that Autobot. He transformed. The Matrix had resurrected him with the added bulk he had as Rodimus Prime, however his alternate mode lacked the large weapons trailer he had grown accustomed to. His tires spun as he peeled out and sped toward the EDC Headquarters. Autobots, Maximals and Predacons ran about to cover their positions. The main hangar door to the large human building was open and the interior vehicle passage was dark. Rodimus turned on his headlights, eerily casting shadows around him.

The passageway spiraled up to the ‘garage’ normally used for storing and dispatching EDC military vehicles. Rodimus transformed when he reached the garage and entered the main body of the building. In an effort to divert a large amount of power to the defensive weapons and satellite-controlled shields surrounding Earth, the lights were dim, almost to the point of being completely extinguished. It seemed all human life had exited this particular floor. Rodimus traversed through the hallways in the dark to the large Chamber the EDC had set aside for the Cybertronians to use as a conference room. The door to the chamber was a heavy blast shielded slab of metal, which normally needed at least three humans to open it. Rodimus easily pulled it out. The chamber was vaguely lit by the computer screens blinking and flashing the warnings Blaster transmitted throughout the area. In the center of the screens stood Megatron, his brilliant armor reflected the light and seemed to contribute to the dim lighting of the room. His optics varied their focus on the various screens, trying to take in as much information as they could.
    Rodimus stepped inside and was greeted before he said a word.

“I had a feeling you’d be the one to come.”

“Maybe you know why I’m here as well then.”

“You don’t trust me.”

“You must be psychic.”

The silence that followed was enough to choke Rodimus’ air intake vents like thick viscous smoke. He stood his ground staring at Megatron had not let his attention leave the screens.

“Really Autobot…” Megatron finally spoke up, “Don’t you have other more pressing matters to attend to? After all, our very existence is threatened at the moment.”

“I have dealt with the Alphas before.”

“And your way of dealing with them was to die needlessly.”

Another long bout of silence followed.

“Megatron, Prime might have thought he was doing us a service by leaving you in command, but he made a mistake.”

Megatron finally broke his attention with the warning screens as he put his fist through one of them and through the wall beyond. “You ignorant fool! We have no time to discuss the reasons behind Prime’s decision! Truthfully I question Prime’s logic as well, but there are more important matters right now!”

He took no time in quickly positioning himself over Rodimus, pinning him to the wall with an arm. “The Alpha Cybertronian Empire is closing in upon us as we speak. If you have any inkling of compassion for your comrades in arms you will cast aside any doubt in your mind and work with me. The choice is yours.”

Megatron let go of Rodimus and exited the chamber. The young Autobot leader narrowed his optics and thought hard about Megatron’s words. In spite of everything he ever knew about the Decepticon Warlord, he knew he spoke the truth. Although the chance was great Megatron could turn on the Autobots if they were victorious in this battle was inevitable, their full efforts was needed at the moment at hand. The Autobots’ battle with the Dececepticons would have to continue another time and place.

“The tiny mudball you see before you cannot give our enemies sanctuary any longer. Look at its organic surface and feel hatred build up within your spark for our predecessors. Feel no compassion for them. You are to terminate on sight. There is to be no mercy given. You are a soldier in the elite force of the Alpha Cybertronian Empire. We shall decimate the Autobots and Decepticons. We shall crush Earth under our collective heel. This galaxy and eventually the universe shall feel our wrath. Do not do this for yourself, for you have no individual worth. Do this for your almighty Liege, he who has made it possible for you to spread his glory across the stars. Prepare to destroy!

Tremor flung his arms out to his sides, releasing the army bearing the sigil of the Alpha Cybertronian Empire. The soldiers yelled rallying cries and boarded their ships, which blasted out of the flagship and sped towards Earth. Tremor, newly rebuilt and shining like a star watched as the ships turned to tiny specks. He activated his comm.-link. “My Liege. The fist wave of soldiers have taken their leave. I await your order.”

“Return to me, Tremor. Our guests are in need of some…education.”

Rodimus ran from the EDC Headquarters as fast as he could. His spark still rejected the fact that Megatron was right…about everything…but he ignored the feeling. He had to find Ultra Magnus and Prowl. He was not concentrating on where he was going and eventually ran headfirst into Blaster. Rodimus apologized and started off again on his quest, but Blaster grabbed his arm.

“I’ve been looking for you or Megatron…the Flagship has stopped on this side of Mars. Ships have deployed and they’re closing in fast.”

An explosion rang out behind them and drove them to the ground. They looked up and saw the incoming ships. The Alphas were here. The new war was underway.

18. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Twenty-Two

“Return Fire!”

Three of the oncoming ships exploded into blossoms of fire as the Autobots and Decepticons retaliated against their oncoming enemy. First blood had gone to the Alpha Cybertronians as they targeted compounds located around the ramshackle defense base on Earth. Megatron quickly rallied his forces together, wisely choosing to have the most powerful Autobots and Decepticons retaliate in their alternate modes, leaving the Decepticons and Predacons to man the artillery batteries.

“Fire!”

Another barrage rang out at Megatron’s command. The ground shook violently as the Autobot called Armory unleashed a salvo that could no doubt level a large city if his aim was untrue. Thankfully for earth his mark was dead on as was evident by the cluster of smoke and fire that rained to earth the remains of the ships and soldiers within.

Colossus gathered the new Autobot recruits behind him. “Fire as if your life depends on it…because there is no doubt it does!”

Beyond the haze of battle, Megatron squinted to barely see a number of Alpha Cybertronian ships had landed and the soldiers were in the process of exiting the ships and forming ranks. He turned to Ultra Magnus who was nearby.

“Magnus! Send the Aerialbots, Technobots and Sentinalbots out to meet them!”

“But—“

“No buts! Do it now!

Ultra Magnus transformed and sped to the location of the respective teams. When he had them all loaded on his trailer he dictated Megatron’s command.

“This is suicide Magnus…they’ll tear us down from the skies before we reach their location! It’s Megatron’s plan!” Silverbolt objected.

“No they won’t. We’ll provide cover for you. Transform and follow through with the order!”

The Aerialbots, Scattershot, Strafe, Spanner and Airwing transformed speeding through the air followed closely on the ground by Rockshot, Peelout, Washout, Afterburner, Strafe and Lightspeed. Bombs dropped all round them, shattering the concrete and steel walkways.

“Curse Megatron’s black spark!” Silverbolt screamed. “We’re going to die here!”

To defy Silverbolt’s outburst, massive firepower seemed to have been diverted to their area, providing more then ample cover for both the aerial and ground based Autobots to reach their destination.

“It’s Ultra Magnus, Omega Supreme…and Megatron!” Lightspeed reported.

“We’ll thank them later.” Scattershot sent back as he pulled next to Silverbolt in the air.

The smoke parted and the Alpha Cybertronian troops were none the wiser of the oncoming threat. “Take ‘em down!” Rockshot yelled.

The startled soldiers dove for cover as the Autobots tore into them with laser fire from both the sky and the air. They recovered quicker then expected and forced the air-based Autobots to take evasive maneuvers. Rockshot and Nocecone provided cover for the other ground based Technobots and Sentinalbots, srtillery bouning off their thick armor.

“Air Raid, Skydive…take the left! Slingshot, Fireflight…take the right!” Silverbolt ordered.

“You and Strafe and I can handle the middle.” Scattershot agreed. “Let’s do it!”

Fireflight and Slingshot barrel rolled away, Skydive and Air Raid violently dropping altitude to engage the enemy leaving a clear view for Silverbolt, Scattershot and Strafe. Working like a well-oiled machine the three air veterans simultaneously targeted one of the Alpha’s ships. The ensuing explosion sent soldiers flying and the ground to quake. Rockshot transformed and fired into the confused army. He was soon joined by the others. Rockshot heard his comm. link buzz and answered.

“I’m a little busy here!”

“Sorry big guy,” Came Slingshot’s voice, “I just thought I’d give you a heads up that there’s some commotion coming your way…from your right.”

“Thanks, I’m on it.” As Rockshot continued to fire into the crowd he saw some of the troops part and a large containment unit was being pushed forward by several large soldiers. Afterburner and Peelout fired at the containment unit but did no damage. “Ah, slag…what’s this all about…” Rockshot grumbled.

A trooper had flown up and landed on top of the container and opened the hatch facing Rockshot and the others. Inside the unit was what appeared to be ten Alpha Cybertronian soldiers, but they didn’t seem to be active at all. Their blank optics gave the appearance of maintenance drones rather then sentient troops. They filed blankly from the unit and stood in two rows. Rockshot laughed.

“If the best the Alpha Cybertronian Empire can do is send handicapped soldiers after us…”

The drones’ eyes lit up a bright red color and they quickly merged into a towering gestalt, much larger then a standard one because of their large numbers. The lack of intelligence of the base components would either make for an incredibly stupid combiner, or an extremely effective one without the hindrance of conflicting personas.

“Hang on guys…” Rockshot sighed. “This is going to be a bumpy ride…”

The Disgusticons searched tirelessly for signs of Fortress Maximus and the other Autobots on Badune. They had just abandoned the last city they left in ruin as they felt a surge in their circuitry followed by a loud clapping noise from above.

“Are the Autobots finally coming out of their hiding?” Slimetrail asked with a voice of half anticipation half dread.

Araknyd transformed and scanned the air. A gigantic ball of fire came through the clouds above. The other Disgusticons started to flee, but Araknyd stopped them. A cruel smile appeared on his face. He made out a figure inside the ball.

“Stop your fleeing, you’re Decepticons not zap mice!” He turned as the fireball slowed down a bit before it slammed into the ground. “Get ready to leave this waste of a planet…our ticket out of here as arrived.”

19. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I had two more chapters to post today but this computer won't read my disk:(  I'll post it tomorrow or Thursday

20. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

Okay, I had to skip a bit of the middle, but I feel I've gotten more than a good jist over what you've written, seeing as how I've read over half of the chapters. It boils down to this:

Good plot devices, good thematic elements, good scenes.

Bad characterization.

It's just so stale. The only characters that have the slightest characterization are traditional extremists Grimlock and Starscream, and even then you've toned them down. Prime is hardly the Abraham Lincoln type leader, Megatron seems to have lost all his grandiouse (sp?) plans.

I enjoyed that Cyclone guy, I think that was his name, because he was new, fresh, and not at all stale. What it boils down to is that most of your characters act, talk, and feel exactly the same. Vary it up. Not just a little, a TON. You have such a huge cast, you can't really afford to make everyone only subtly different.

Mostly it's just the dialogue.