Transformers: Retribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by StarFire_MK2, Jul 9, 2008.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Love the teaser there, I've been looking forward to seeing what else the Decepticons are up to. And I'm glad to see a refresher of how fantastic your effects are, you've done some real great work on your comic, I really wish I had some of your skill for my own.

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    This has to be one of the best, if not THE BEST fan-made Transformers comic ever made. :popcorn 

3. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Thanks! I had fun photoshopping this sequence :) 

Technically, Hot Rod isn't breaking the rules. Autobot laws (in my universe anyway) assume that a Prime will always be able to consult the Matrix on behalf of any Autobot (and, by extension, that if there is no Prime then the Matrix no longer exists, having been destroyed with the last Prime bearing it). The Autobots have never been in a position where the Matrix is accessible but there is no Prime to consult it for them, which is what Overdrive was alluding to. They have no rule forbidding what Hot Rod is doing, given the state poor Optimus is in, but if Optimus were functional and Hot Rod forced his way into Prime's chest to get at the Matrix, then yes, that action would be treasonous. I love these grey areas for character development!

MP-09 is an awesome little toy! Time will tell if we see two versions of Rodimus Prime in my story (or indeed, if the character introduced earlier is Rodimus Prime)

That's one of the great aspects of this forum...so many writers taking the established mythology and playing with it, creating new yet conceptually familiar themes. Good times ensue :) 

Time will tell ;) 

Time will tell ;) 

Ah yes, the Decepticons. We haven't seem them in so long! Glad you enjoy my fx. I've spent a long time improving my skills; re-read the first few chapters of Retribution and you'll see how limited my skills were in the beginning. Practice, practice, practice. There are lots of resources here if you're looking to improve your fx, and most of us are happy to share what we've learned with you!

Wow. That is very high praise. I'm not sure I deserve it--some of the (in my opinion) best fan comics all appear to be on hiatus, but thank you very much! It's nice to have people comment on the visual effects and image quality--those are all immensely time-consuming and it's nice to get feedback and comments on them--but as a writer, it's even better to know that people are enjoying the story. Thank-you!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Update Feb 09 2014​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. I shot and edited this three years ago! I am so glad to be finally posting this chapter: it is by far my favorite to-date. I remember all the turmoil I was going through at the time that I shot this, and can't believe how much my life has improved in three years!

2. The image settings, dialogue balloons, etc, that you've all seen the last three years were set during my editing of this chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it, but I promise you're not half as happy to read it as I am to be posting it!

3. In one panel, one of the Seekers has been digitally inserted. Any guesses as to which one?

4. Thanks for not giving up on my little story, all!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    The panel from the sig finally happened!!

6. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    The "wing only" shot is the digital addition to the empty room panel below it?

7. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I guess it's the first appearance of thundercracker..

but this is a lovely set and honestly I think this is the best comic on the funnies board, Wap has gotten a bit too story line crowded, out of the dead land hasn't quite the scenery of this, and roll call has been on hiatus.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Ooooooh... *whips out :popcorn *

And dang, you had this update shot and edited 3 years ago? Dayum...

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those pics are gorgeous.

10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Oooooh. I got to see BUNCHES of updates :) 

Loved Hot Rod's point of view. Rather harping on G1 cartoon lore, but also its own idea. Want to see where that goes.

And I LOVE the underwater view out the viewports. That really gives an awesome feel to the ship. Dying to see the next update to this piece as well.

Damn. Undecided on which part I want to continue the most--though I figure TC's bit has to travel a little more before it can afford to switch.

11. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

OMG. These pics are AWESOME.

And If Sunstorm addresses everyone like "that" then we need more

Sunstorm.

12. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I can't find a single image that doesn't look like it had a figure it in originally. Well except the one that doesn't have a figure at all. I'm really glad to see Thundercracker's conflicted about Megatron's apathy. It's interesting that everyone's playing Thundercracker as a honorable guy, I'd have made him the same way if I were doing a serious comic. But how far is he going to go with it? Turn against Megatron? Join the Autobots? I can't wait to see where you take it.

13. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

I'd say the wing-only shot, too, just because that feels like the shot one's most likely to forget to do the first time around.

Next best guess is the shot in silhouette, since that's pretty f/x heavy and might've needed to be done in layers.

14. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    I know! It took forever, right?

Hmm, you know, thinking back I may have digitally done that shot too. I'll give you both a cookie...

Good guess...

...but it's this one:

[​IMG]

Yup. There should be a Funnies award for "Longest Production Time", cause then I would actually win! :p 

That's high praise, thanks. I do enjoy set building. It takes a long time to get them right, but the effort does pay off in a big way. I wish more authors used them!

Thanks guys!

He does indeed talk like that, and we will see lots of Sunstorm in the immediate future.

Bunches are tasty, aren't they? I'm hoping to wake to bunches of updates from comics like OoDl, Time Shinki, and one named Roll Call...

The viewport shot is one of my favs. Took hours to get right, but it really paid off. You`re right, the Hot Rod sequence is very rooted in G1, but we will come back to that arc...eventually. As you predicted, You`re stuck with TC, Sunstorm and a few other Con favs for the next little while :) 

Thanks. I`m glad TC has been getting so much attention on the forums, as he really is one of the more interesting `Cons. He does bad things but can`t just shrug them off, and that sort of character is so much fun to read and write about.

Next update is ready to go. Check back here sometime on Sunday, and thanks for the comments. It`s nice to know people enjoy all the effort I put into the story.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Speaking of Funnies awards, I miss everyone participating in a Funnies Awards ceremony. I'm a bit sad that no one wants to do a 2013 edition of it. :( 

And no, don't ask me to run that whole thing. With me working days now, I just don't have that much time on my hands to run a Funnies Awards ceremony.

16. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Well it'd be fun. Could at least make a thread about it each year and see how many are interested and pull off a little awards page, no need to go through all.

Also, that must have been one of the most satisfying moments for you, Starfire. FINALLY posting this thing up. 3 years... daaaaaamn.

17. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Will check back here at the weekend. Look forward to another update.
    Great work with this one as usual.

Is the Sunstorm a custom? And you repainted it? Look fantastic. I was wondering if any more of the Cons will show up? Since the new Soundwave has come out will we see any of the other cassette warriors like Rumble or Frenzy?
    Just curious

18. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Yes, that's my custom Sunstorm :)  You can see more of him here:
    TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards - StarFire_MK2's Album: MP Sunstorm

I do have MP Soundwave but am unsure if i will bring him and the cassettes in to the story. I don't want to complicate an already complex story. If I can find a way to do it that drives the story I will consider it :) 

It sure was! I can't wait to keep posting!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  19. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Gold Update, Feb 23, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]