Transformers: Retribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by StarFire_MK2, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Why do I have an image in my head of a dude with a fedora and leather jacket swinging in over the fence of a building site with a whip in one hand and a bag of Alternators in the other...

It paid off, those are some great looking shots. Interesting that we start to get the hints and pieces of how this universe relates to the main continuity. Looking forward to more. :) 

2. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Blurry close ups followed by painful flashes and sparks and holes where they should not be in X3

3. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :popcorn 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Could you elaborate a bit more? I mean, are we reading the same thread here?

5. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Blur effect on the ball of energy, then the lightning shooting out of it at the end of that sequence.

6. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    :eek: 

That's what I thought Fez meant too, but to be fair, some of these shots are blurry. Trespass giveth and taketh away :p 

BTW, I love your avatar Superquad. Black Rodimus really is a fun toy, isn't he? I did the leg mod on mine but don't know if there are any other mods for him. Any thoughts?

7. SpacenoidMechwarrior

SpacenoidMechwarrior Ten years of quality TFW2005 Supporter

I love these customs and special effects. I don't know why, but it seems like TFW comics with a mainly alternators cast seems to have better "Production values", if that sounds right.

8. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Thanks.

I think the reason for the (generally) higher quality of comics using the BT and MP line has something about the amazing design and quality of the toys. They simply demand higher production values. That said, non-BT/MP strips such as Blurry Robot Theatre and Warring at Play continue to set the production value bar very high.

I'm still in the field--in fact, I have spent more time in remote areas than at home in the last 3.5 months. Weekends, stat holidays and mere 10 hour days don't exist in my world, but I am working on an update. Bear with me just a little longer...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

No worries, take your time.

10. Happy187

Happy187 Well-Known Member

Your comic was one of the ones that got me wanting to collect alt/bt and masterpiece transformers. I dunno whether to thank you or blame you for less money in my wallet, lol jk. I saw an mp10 in a comic book store at a good price and my wife urged me to get it, and now I collect MPs and ALT/BT. Keep up the good work. Don't worry about the time between updates but if you don't update soon I may have to make my own web comic, jk I am too lazy to do that consistently and it would look terrible.

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I really love the damage effects here. I mean, all because of one particular frame you had me going back and forth between a couple shots to see that there were placement differences--because I suddenly started thinking "maybe he really DID damage up that hood." :lol 

Yeah, shooting "on location" can be...interesting. But when you find a great location, you just have to do it. :D  Good thing your shots didn't require anything complicated.

As always, I hope to see more soon.

12. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Lol, Warring at Play and Out of the Dead Land had similar effects on me :p  An that is a wonderful wife you have!

Thanks Pun. That's quite a compliment coming from you! No one digitally destroys their toys better than you do :ev: 

Have to share the following:

I often roll in convoys for fieldwork, and my last shift we had 6 trucks (all Dodge 3500's, which was very ironic given that 3 companies were involved!) We often given our trucks monickers for radio callouts, and you can imagine the absurdity of some of the names ("Rubber ducky", "Digs for Bones", etc., and many others I shall not commit to print). One of my co-workers on my last shift, a cute girl in her mid 20's, decided upon her Dodge's name the first morning: she pulled out ahead of us, calling "Optimus is rolling out."

Sometimes, I really do think I have the coolest job :cool: 

Oh, and update to follow :) 

13. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    Update Dec 02/13​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. I started this update last December. Man, I really need to stop working so much, it really interferes with my comic ;)  But I have some good news for you: I have at least 3 more updates ready to roll! I aim to update bi-weekly for the next little while.

2. I still dislike the board settings that won't let these 800x600 images automatically show full-size :(  I put a lot of work into these visuals and want them to be seen in all their glory [/rant]

14. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    A field test... This can't possibly end well...

15. Happy187

Happy187 Well-Known Member

Awesome update. Sweet effects and cool sets. I see overdrive borrowed sideswipe or sunstreakers gun. Your job sounds fun.

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    hmm, neat, override can time slip like phycho and hot rod can see the temporal displacement, but can't track it yet, and the most impressive thing, WHEELJACK'S WORK DIDN'T BLOW UP OR BACKFIRE! :p 

still, great to see the comic again, look forward to what you continue to do.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yay, update! :popcorn 

And :lol  at one member of your convoy saying "Optimus Prime rolling out!"

18. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

You're back! :) 

... I think I'm gonna need to go re-read some issues. The good thing about me not remembering what happened in stories is I can read the same books over and over. The bad thing, is that I don't remember what happened in stories.

19. StarFire_MK2

Ebay:
    I know, right? What could go wrong?

Thanks. Sets are so much fun. I need to light the Autobot HQ set better though--it's too hot.

Hey, some of his inventions have to work, right? At least sometimes?

Hmmm maybe I've been away too long as well. People have forgotten my little tale

I was driving a White Dodge, so I replied "White Knight on your six, Optimus".
    It was a fun day. :D 

20. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

Not Ultra Magnus? Missed an opportunity there, mate!