Transformers Rescue Bots Premier Discussion!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thenames9, Dec 17, 2011.

1. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Hopefully they'll add Decepticons at some point in the show. I'd love to see what Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave would look like in this style.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Haha this show is a winner.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think the point is that they're dealing with safety and the like. They aren't at war in this, just protecting humans.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My son is LOVING this...SERIOUSLY. Glad I bought him almost the entire rescue bots line up for Christmas...He grabbed him Rescue bots BB and is totally sucked into this show. GREAT JOB HASBRO!!

Meh..I think this is a great angle for lil kids. Its a gateway drug into TFP. Brilliant marketing. When the kids DO want to watch a clash of Autobots vs Deceps, they have to watch Prime...Brilliant. Mabye bring in a rougue decep in one or two episodes, but this is REALLY striking a chord with my boy...He loves firetrucks and cop cars and such..and they are doing what firetrucks actually DO...instead of fighting...I prefer this angle over just another Good vs bad for toddlers.

EXACTLY. I think this is gunna do very well. They can add cameos once in awhile with Prime and BB and others to keep fresh toy line ups. My son had the BB since release, he plays with it all the time, and it still holds up. VERY well engineered for lil kids, without all the fighting. Sometimes lil kids just wanna take the fire truck to put out fires...not always fight Deceps.

Im totally suprised by the show. Im a pretty strict parent with what my boy watches, and I give this one a A+ for the younger crowd. I may not watch them all, but it will be fun to hear what my boy comes up with after watching them.

5. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Absolutely loving it so far. I love Heatwave's voice

6. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Levar burton is a crazy jamaican scientist!

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    gahhh this sounds great...the wait for it to go up on youtube is going to be loooong

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    can't wait to watch it, been eyeing those toys when i go to the store, i want that optimus

9. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Raisin man

Just gotta say....i thought the rescue bots was pretty awesome...i actually liked it better then Prime in some ways

10. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    This was pretty good! I'm curious about one thing though. How come they show Bumblebee's picture when it says "Right now you're watching Transformers Rescue Bots" when he's not in the show?

11. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

Ebay:
    just watched it and it actually was pretty good. it reminded me of animated. plus while it is aimed more at children, i think it is serious enough for adults to dig it too. cant wait for next episode:thumbs2: 

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Cause Bee sells!

lol i jsut had to say it

13. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Ok, first of all, I am so happy that I found Blades this past week, as he was my favorite design of these guys. But now he ended up with as my fave character too. I loved the flash cards. :D 

Second this show in of itself is, pretty damn cool. Though I thought the "Burns Rescue Family" thing is a bit too cheesy, the characters themselves are likable. Even Cade, (redeemed himself with me when the first thing to do when he saw Cody after thinking he was in danger was to hug him :)  ).

The dialogue is great. The animation, really isn't as worrisome as I though it would be. It actually works for the bots as it gives them a different feel from the rest of the visuals. All in all a very good start, for young kids.

Who knows, he might end up guest starring in a an episode.

What I wonder if that the freaky malfunctions that seem to be happening with the other mechs (dinosaur, and lawn mower) might have something to do with Decepticons. It would be a great way to introduce a couple, not so scary, but mischievous 'Cons.

Though I am probably reading too much into it. ;) 

14. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Not a bad show! Definitely kiddie, but it should be a good introduction to Transformers for the tots.

The Autobots: Heatwave (Steve Blum's character) is my favorite so far. I can't help but feel for him, especially since he has the worst human partner. I thought Blades was going to be the Cheetor-like kid appeal character, but the second episode made him look cowardly and not like Cheetor at all. Boulder seems a lot like TFA Bulkhead; he has the big bruiser alt mode but has a gentle personality. And Chase is the most boring TF, IMHO...he's the most "robotic" of them all.

The Humans: The main kid Cody seems fine. He's friendly to the Autobots and isn't an arrogant jerk, so I'm cool with him so far. The dad is fine, and the girl (Danny?) is okay. Graham the nerdy guy is my favorite; he's a cute nerd and he respects the alien nature and technology of TFs, so he's the clear winner. :)  Cade is clearly set up as the jerk of the group, and he pulls it off well. I'm assuming he'll gradually redeem himself and become friends with Heatwave as the show goes on.

So far it's a decent start. My only complaint is that it might eventually get boring with no Decepticons. Fighting nonsentient enemies like robo-dinosaurs and lava is fine for a few episodes, but I don't see how that kind of thing can sustain an entire series.

15. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Watched it with my kids. My daughter (3) loved every second of it. My son (almost 2) enjoyed it but mostly jumped around on the furniture. It struck me as being like most other TF series, just more honest about it. No hiding behind stories of good vs evil or anything, it focussed on robots trying to fit in and help out on Earth. It was fun enough.

16. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I hope he does, I'd like to see him appear in the show at some point. My brother kept asking me where Bumblebee was at while we were watching it.

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  18. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My son loving this show. If the toys are for 3 to 6 year olds, why is the cartoon Y7? We are watching it now and are on the first episode. My son wants to know why Grimlock is a Decepticon. (He had red eyes, that means Decepticon to him.)

19. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

:sly2: 

20. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now we are watching the 2nd episode and he wants to know where the Decepticons are.