Transformers Rescue Bots Premier Discussion!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thenames9, Dec 17, 2011.

1. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    It just doesn't make sense if this show is supposed to relate to Prime somehow. It would mean this show either takes place after Prime (which spoils Optimus survives the Prime series) or within the 3 year gap of the Autobots arriving on Earth (which already contradicts itself in many ways). I don't see these shows taking place at the same time.

If you look at the Aligned Continuity Family article on TFwiki, it categorizes Rescue Bots under Fiction. Since all future Transformers media are supposed to be placed in the Aligned Continuity, maybe there are some storylines that are supposed to somewhat connect (Prime, Exodus/Exiles, WFC/FOC) while other shows just share similarities but have no relation to those other stories, like Rescue Bots.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

How does Rescue Bots taking place before Prime contradict anything story wise? The only real contradiction is that Optimus Prime has a different design but that would still be true if placed after Prime.

Actually it doesn't say all future Transformers media.

"the intention of being the foundation of most Transformers projects for the decade to come."

It also claims that.

"Hasbro's attempt at synthesizing a grand unified continuity out of all of the previous lore."

Which would indicate that ALL Transformers are part of the aligned continuity and not just new interpretations of it.

Personally I think everything being said about the Aligned continuity is being misquoted and/or misinterpreted by fans and may not at all be what Hasbro said or intended.

Looking at the picture of the "Binder of Revelation" that is actually the the core of the Aligned Continuity it would appear that it was not launched in 2010 as the wiki claims but only announced as something that Hasbro was working on.

If you look at the picture of Optimus Prime it's yet again an entirely different design that hasn't been officially introduced. I might add that it looks freaking amazing baring non of the issues that I find with the movie and animated aesthetics. Obviously if they're saying that all of the aligned continuity is suppose to be derived from that book then that design should exist in the supposed established continuity. Sense it doesn't exist then they must not of launched it yet or abandoned the idea entirely.

The aligned continuity is a book of concepts for a new continuity. War For Cybertron, Prime, and Rescue Bots may share some similar concepts but are not in any way an established continuity.

What seems to be going on here is that Hasbro showed fans this idea they had and then fans wrongly accepted that idea as an established continuity before we even seen the finished product. I would suggest not jumping onto the Aligned Continuity Band Wagon till you see in story evidence of an Aligned Continuity. Currently all the evidence is pointed to a scrapped idea that will probably never actually see the light of day again.

3. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    All I know is is that they're trying their hardest to not make any contradictions when it comes to anything involved in this Aligned Continuity. If it really was just a mish-mash of random shows, I wouldn't see the point in not adding characters that already died in previous installments. That's why it interests me in where Rescue Bots fits in.

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Is anyone going to do archived video downloads for Rescue Bots like has been done for Prime? The YouTube uploads are gone now, and I can't get them on the Hub site 'cause I'm outside the US...

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It needs Decepticons, like Decepticons that cause Natural Disasters and stuff like that.

*cough*Rumble*cough*

6. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Man, Kade is a tool.

7. StarFighter

StarFighter Decepticon tech-support

REALLY?... Because I'm pretty sure even Sentinel would step back and say this dudes a giant bag of DOUGHE.

8. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I think it's set maybe thirty or forty years after Prime, seeing as how they've got jetpacks and stuff.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It's stated in the show that the technology within the city is more advanced than the rest of the world which is why a lot of people are comparing it to Eureka.

If you don't know what Eureka is it's a sci-fi series set in the small town of Eureka. The town itself develops and tests all new technology before it's made public to the rest of the word and is populated mostly by brainiac scientists with the one exception of the town's serif who is like the average audience member watching the show that doesn't understand what the hell anyone is saying. They basically use him to explain to the audience what's going on.

That being said Eureka has already developed advanced A.I., Holographic imagery, time travel, even the cure for the common cold. As they said on the show the cure exists but is too expensive to mass produce. No one would be able to afford it even if they did release it to the public so it's only available in Eureka. With all this advanced technology Eureka is set in present day not the future.

That appears to be the same premise for the city in Rescue Bots.

10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I Wonder if any Decepticons will appear in the show.

11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when is this show on I can never find it, its on the hub right?

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
  13. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I hope someone records these if possible...dls are so much nicer than trying to stream stuff on my slow connection. Torrents are such a beautiful thing to have when one's internet likes to drop.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited...between this and Prime starting again next month, I'll be a happy fangirl! (I'm officially addicted to Rescue Bots now, heh)

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I don't see a better thread for Rescue Bots, so I'll bump this one.

Missed the entire series until today. I had zero expectations either way, but was pleased with the end product. It's very much Eureka and TF:Animated mixed together IMHO. It was fun, light, and did it's job. However, I find it funny that in this show, the kid stays at the base and doesn't try to be in the wild with the others after having been told to stay back home.

If we get more mainline versions, I think I'd very much want a Coptur redeco from Blades.

I'll continue watching this series as long as it's fun to watch.

15. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    When do the new episodes start? I'm actually quite excited for it

16. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next week. Hopefully someone will rise to the task of recording it, since DP says he won't be handling RB.