Transformers: Reactivate General Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    In regards to Hasbro promoting Reactivate or not, did they promote Baldur's Gate 3?

2. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    I would honestly be shocked if they did, but I will throw this wildcard out there. The only reason why I think they will mention Reactivate is because they want to show off the Lifeline pack and next duo and are getting impatient and want to put product on shelves. There has been nothing but lack of/shitty communication since the get go, so I won't put it past them to continue that trend and just say fuck it and reveal the next wave and let Splash's timeline be damned and do what they want.

Hell who knows, revealing Lifeline could be the start of their Spring Marketing.
    Well, seeing how they want to push this toyline alongside/before Reactivate, I only see them promoting the toys and not the game, if they did make a reveal here.

Hell, they were beyond clueless last time they revealed the figures, so why not do it again and show off more for the game by some people revealing toys for a game they know nothing about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Did Lifeline not get dropped from the updated 2024 listings? I think there’s your answer as to where the game is at.

4. Soundlips

News Credits:
    From what I have heard and the people I have talked to, she's kinda in limbo at the moment, so which is why I am not expecting anything there, but that would also be the only reason why I would see them doing it here

5. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    No she got pushed back since Hasbro didn't know what to do with her since they knew very little and I guess they would have thought the game would have been out by now or marketing have begun

6. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Oh man, do I got another Tin Foil rant worry, so let's go.

Man, I am now VERY worried if Reactivate chooses to continue the live service route because of Helldivers 2

Screenshot_20240307-204021_X.jpg
    With the latest update they added a real time liberation campaign to where whether players are able defend a planet decides whether or not they get to use a power up with the option to possibly lose and regain that power up in future campaigns.

It's genius. They literally have a "Dungeon Master" whose sole job is to actively set up and change the difficulty, enemy types/spawns/reinforcements, certain gameplay elements, and real time stuff on the fly to accommodate what the players are doing and playing. Very few Games have I seen such player interaction and even less so in a very positive manner.

Then add on top of that they are adding even more and better gameplay enhancements like dynamic meteor storms and fire tornados, with constant patches and content updates.

Helldivers 2 just set a new gold standard of live service games and Reactivate will 100% be directly compared to it. So if they are missing features, microtransaction filled, or just doing something wrong, people will immediately throw it back in their face and it will be seen even more negatively than before Helldivers came out because now they have a perfect example of what to do right, and if they don't and follow the mistakes of the past, will go over so much more wrong.

If I was a dev or someone in charge at Splash Damage right now, I'd honestly be shitting my pants a little because of who they have to follow now and all the massive direct reprocussions they could get for essentially just being collateral damage.

I know we haven't seen any actual gameplay, but the massive uphill battle they have to fight just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

7. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    Dude I don't think this will affect Reactivate
    We need to have hope that the game will is coming around well and hope marketing starts soon

• Like Like x 2
  8. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Let's be honest, we are just being a little naive thinking that Helldivers 2 won't effect it in some way, shape or form.

That's like saying Mass Effect or Skyrim didn't change the game after they came out.

Whenever a game this ground breaking and/or game changing comes out, it always Effects future games somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    For now the game is safe and if they weren't SD would be reporting this

10. Soundlips

News Credits:
    That's actually very incorrect sadly.

The developers are the middle man stuck between a rock and a hard place and literally can't do a damn thing.

Just look at the CVC receit size list of devs that's happened to in years past.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Helldivers is a unique situation. It was designed from the ground up to feature ongoing campaigns and heavy player involvement in the ongoing narrative. The two closest games I could compare it to are Foxhole and PlanetSide, which feature massive ongoing wars with players as the main drivers of the conflict. Reactivate, from its earliest design docs, is being designed more like Warframe. Which is a negative in its own right, because Warframe is overly reliant on massive grinds for gear and character unlocks.

12. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    They didn't need to cause BG2 was one of the most sought after games of the 2000s, BG3 was a highly anticipated sequel to BG2.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That's irrelevant, Hasbro didn't do marketing for their game, so there's precedent for them to not put much of a marketing push on another game of theirs.

14. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    True but i also dont think WotC operate the same as their other ips. Im not familiar with their other departments, but do nerf and boardgames and dnd stuff have a bunch of reveal streams in the same way transformers does?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Hasbro also doesn't reveal all of their Transformers product in reveal streams

16. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Yeah but they do more than others right?

17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    They also do less than others, what's your point? It's possible that Hasbro will promote reactivate on their streams, it's also possible that they won't, there's precedent for both.

18. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    My point was that hasbro doesn’t operate transformers the same as they do Wotc. Because you were comparing the two earlier

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I was comparing 1 hasbro owned video game to another.

20. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't own "bg3"; they own WotC, just as Disney granted licensing rights to EA (DICE) for "Star Wars Battlefront." Hasbro will receive royalties from bg3, but they don't have direct control over any decisions made regarding the game.

"Transformers Reactivate" seems to be in an unusual situation due to its development. Hasbro needs to focus on marketing because, frankly, very few people care about Transformers in the gaming space. The Activision games were released over a decade ago, and I believe Hasbro commissioned a new game for Transformers to stay relevant in that space and to secure another reliable revenue stream. So they'll most likely need to promote the game.