Transformers: Reactivate General Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Very cool

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if the game isnt good im loving the Twisted metal/mad Max design choices for some of the characters and hope we get as many of them as toys as possible. Im also hoping they take the Suicide squad game approach(but less repetitive) and make seasons/battlepasses still playable at later dates and Microtransactions to only cosmetic.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nem

Nem Reactivate Historian and ROTF Guy

News Credits:
    Off the top of my head, this is some of the voice cast in the 2020 Certain Affinity build: (THESE ARE BASED OFF GUESSING, THERE IS NO CAST LIST.)

Jon Bailey - Optimus, Soundwave
    Robbie Daymond - Bumblebee
    Jamieson Price - Ironhide (He's basically just doing the WFC Warpath voice.)
    Steve Blum - Starscream

Ratchet, Windblade and Shockwave's voice actors remain unknown. Any other character is one that didn't have a voice yet or I haven't heard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Iirc will Friedle is back as bee now. Same with Cullen and Prime

• Like Like x 3
  5. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Lends a bit of credence to my theory that this is meant to be a follow on from WFC/FOC

• Like Like x 2
  6. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    If they were to voices for the characters here who I see

Peter Cullen or Jon Bailey as Optimus Prime
    Will Freidle as Bumblebee
    Keith Szarabajka as Ironhide
    Steve Blum as Starscream
    Jon Bailey as Soundwave
    Matthew Mercer as Hot Rod
    Lianne Marie Dobbs as Slipstream
    Gregg Berger as Grimlock
    Not sure who voices Ratchet in the cut scene but I would like it if Jeffrey Combs returned
    David Sobolov as Shockwave
    Frank Welker or Fred Tatasciore as Megatron

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Not really, Friedel didn't voice Bumblebee in either of those games.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nem

Nem Reactivate Historian and ROTF Guy

News Credits:
    Its possible that its since changed, but in the CA build the voice actors I listed are what's there. There was a list on someone's resume of various names that mentioned Cullen and Friede, but iirc that was merely an example of Transformers voice actors and wasn't voices actually cast. I do know that Certain Affinity tried to get Peter Cullen, but he was busy at the time. I am hoping Prime is voiced by Cullen in the final game but given Jon Bailey's teasing, I imagine he's sticking around.

It's definitely not meant to be that, and even then WFC Bee was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, but there's nothing in TFR that I've seen so far that outright contradicts that. I would definitely say its possible as a headcanon, though there's no mention of Dark Energon or anything yet. The biggest snag would probably be whatever backstory they will go with for the Dinobots, as I doubt it'll be the FOC one.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Awesomeness10

Awesomeness10 Stop Motion Animator, Bumblebee enthusiast

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think it’s being implied that since the games are part of the aligned continuity this game might be connected to that. Personally I don’t think so since
    1. Why would the Autobots and Decepticons still at war after the war ended? Also Megatron leaving the Decepticons
    2. It seems like the Autobots and the Decepticons were just openly on Earth before the invasion (Bumblebee in NYC in the trailer) which would kinda be weird since Prime and RID had a big emphasis on ‘robots in disguise’

It would be really fun, but unfortunately wouldn’t make sense. The VA’s coming back from aligned for this game? Now THAT I’d take!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

Rescue Bots has a very different take on the “disguise” aspect, in that they are openly operating transforming robots with the cover story of being advanced, manmade drones. It’s similar to the concept of official cover in espionage.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    To be fair there’s no way in hell the high moon games and the shows are in the same continuity. Same continuity FAMILY, but not same continuity.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    Are we still expecting marketing next month or will that happen in the spring or early June?

13. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    OK to start, I know it's a topic I have posted here a number of times, but the problem is getting worse, and it needs to be discussed.

Screenshot_20240227-152654_X.jpg

What the hell is going on with the gaming industry as a whole right now? It's already the worst layoffs in the history of the gaming industry, and they are continuing to increase that number by the thousands every couple of weeks.

The gaming industry as a whole is in a much dire place than we all think. After years and years of bad decisions, the pandemic, rising costs of development, and so much more, I truly think we have hit a breaking point and a new Era in the gaming industry. Priorities keep shifting, the wrong decisions are made, and massive restructuring seems to be taking place. Not to mention the rise of AI programs that can generate, art, video, voice and probably soon to be, more assets and codes, as that seems to be the direction the entire tech industry is going in. Granted it is still kinda rough and needs a few more years to be fully implemented.

It's a REALLY major issue. While granted yes, we have gotten some gems and truly legendary games, it seems like the industry itself is in a very bad place.

And another thing, with just massive wave after wave of lay offs, it's only a matter of time till devs just say enough is enough and just leave the field entirely. It's incredibly unstable and unbalanced with thousands of devs displaced and out of the job, flooding the market or just a ton of devs leaving and not ever wanting to come back.

And finally hearing the stories of devs who have dealt with this shit for years and finally able to speak about, I think we will soon see a mass exodus or revolt from a lot of devs for better working conditions or to just escape the nightmarish hellscape that has become the gaming industry.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Luke Stark

YouTube (Legacy):
    I still believe there will be something next month, early April or in June for this game

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    I believe this is nothing more than a course correction as the industry tries to right the ship. I do feel like this generation of gaming is going to be a dark spot, but only because of poor decisions that have been made lately.

4 years ago, the industry saw something it’s never seen. The pandemic caused things to go bonkers at the worst time for the industry - just as a new generation of consoles was launching. Supply chain issues instantly made both XBX/S and PS5 extremely scarce and worth their weight in gold. People were buying up consoles as fast as possible due to scarcity FOMO and because more people were sitting at home due to lockdowns, working from home, etc. Game manufacturers saw this as a boom to the industry and laid out plans accordingly - a new generation of consoles, more people playing, console rarity like nothing they’d seen before … they over planned.

Now let’s look at the quality of games since that time. They’ve been “meh” at best. Very little innovation or groundbreaking, tons of sequels and even more remasters of existing games. Let’s be honest, the jump in quality between this new gen and the last gen is probably the smallest step forward we’ve seen between any 2 previous gens (at least so far). This gen, when launched, promised all sorts of new improvements and abilities, but so far has been really lack luster and disappointing. Add this to the creeping cost of games, and fans just aren’t buying into it nearly as much.

So now you’ve got higher than expected outlooks and planning followed by a drop in sales and lack of engagement. I’ll bet if we could see pre-pandemic employment numbers, we’d see most of these studios were sitting much higher these last 6 months. So with projections being lowered, they’re trying to return to “normal” staffing.

Not to say there aren’t other industry issues. They’ve started backing themselves into corners. With so many smaller studios being bought up by the larger ones, the quality of games is dropping. How many rushed titles and day 1 patches are a thing now? It seems like everything is in early access almost. Because the bigger corporations are in more control, the games are less about the art than they are the sales and recurring profits (enter loot boxes, micro transactions, DLCs, and “cosmetic packs”). I won’t get into the pros and cons since I know that’s almost as bad as talking politics haha, but they are polarizing and impacting players purchasing decisions about a game.

All of this is causing a shift in the gaming industry. Is it a “the sky is falling” situation? Probably not. The layoffs absolutely make it look worse (and it sucks for everyone involved), but I don’t think it’s much more than a course correction to pre-pandemic staffing levels. (Sorry for the ungodly long “rant”)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Soundlips

News Credits:
    I agree with you fully there, a lot of it is probably just cleaning up past mistakes, but I still think it stands that A LOT of people will be turned off by this because now you have a few thousand more devs in the job pool in an already kinda cut throat market and the suits can use them because of it. Instead of the devs having the upper hand in the hiring market they are now at a massive disadvantage because not only was there the pre-existing job pool trying to get hired but now a few extra thousand more new ones in there as well.

A lot of it just seems like a massively shitty situation. I agree it's not the complete the sky is falling situation, but seeing the gaming news as of late, that genuinely might not be too far off down the road unless even more major course corrections are made.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frosty Coffee

Frosty Coffee Youtube Content Creator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    correction, he was being made at the tail end of development with the Splash Damage/Certain Affinity partnership. So his 3D model from what I was told in the past was being made just was never introduced to the build of the game

• Like Like x 2
  18. GamingDotCom

GamingDotCom Well-Known Member

Allegedly next week or the next one there will be official stuff about the game

19. Soundlips

News Credits:
    1000001983.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. GamingDotCom

GamingDotCom Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1